Playmate

stroke0999

I am interested in a female travel buddy/playmate to travel domestically and abroad. Adventures everywhere. I seem to be interested in everything and have a spiritual interest also.

You're interested in "everything?" Where do you find the time?

Interested in everything

We ll, I'm sure that I'm not interested in everything. Point well taken. But I am interested in many things:

1) Travel: India, Prague, Indonesia, China, Budapest, Hungary, Mexico, Bali, Korea, Japan, Peru, Thailand, Cambodia and some others that I can't remember right now. I want to go to Russia (to the Hermitage Museum) and to Guatemala.
2) Dances of Universal Peace: I attend camps in Utah and Mexico and plan on going to Montana this year.
3) I like gardens. If you have a large, expensive, fancy house, I'll notice your trees and bushes before I pay much attention to your house.
4) I bought a travel trailer and like to camp in it. I'll do a lot of this in 2013.
5) If you like to search for arrowheads; are a great fan of country and western dancing; shoot arrows; play music and many other things, then these and others would be a welcome addition to my life.

I don't want to hunt, so you got me there. Would like to learn to cook though.

hehe I've always had a disdain for the usage of "camp" and "trailer" in the same sentence, instilled in me by my parents, both of whom have have carried a canoe between lakes with two weeks' worth of food and housing on their backs... "Camping" means a tent, or possibly just a sleeping bag alone under the stars. Last year, my girlfriend's daughter went winter camping. Their tent consisted of a tarp folded in half, with their sleeping bags in between the two layers. Wouldn't you know it, that was the night we had the biggest snowfall of the season. They woke up buried under 30 cm of snow. What fun! At least it kept them warm...

I want to build a house in a hill. Like the hobbits, but with human-sized ceilings. How cool would that be? I would cover it with creeping vines like ivy and grapes. I guess grapes aren't creepers, but these are insignificant details. A hill house!

hehe I've always had a disdain for the usage of "camp" and "trailer" in the same sentence, instilled in me by my parents, both of whom have have carried a canoe between lakes with two weeks' worth of food and housing on their backs... "Camping" means a tent, or possibly just a sleeping bag alone under the stars. Last year, my girlfriend's daughter went winter camping. Their tent consisted of a tarp folded in half, with their sleeping bags in between the two layers. Wouldn't you know it, that was the night we had the biggest snowfall of the season. They woke up buried under 30 cm of snow. What fun! At least it kept them warm...

I want to build a house in a hill. Like the hobbits, but with human-sized ceilings. How cool would that be? I would cover it with creeping vines like ivy and grapes. I guess grapes aren't creepers, but these are insignificant details. A hill house!
omg! So with the disdain of camp,trailer... I was brought up as it called camper lol but trailer was where those poorer than us even lived in lol. but camping uhg I live in bc wilderness is not my friend lol, but that said one might jokingly say "black folks dont camp" lol slavery took it out of us! Least wise my Mamma used to say that down south! But seriously I'm allergic to dirt ,fish alive, bears or people who can run faster than me around bears, and lawd love me raised in or partially Mb No DANG WAY I LIKE A MOSQUITO so one could say a concrete jungle with a park in it is just as much camping as i need lolol
OH it being black history month ,trivia question for my north americans ... DO U KNOW WHO WAS THE VERY FIRST BLACK NHL PLAYER AND WHERE HE HAILED FROM AND IF REALLY GOOD WHAT YR HE STARTED ,WHO HE PLAYED FOR AND YR HE RETIRED? I'll settle for a name at least and I'll provide the rest
I'll add another when this is answered or maybe till months end we'll see :.}

It isn't that I'm not interested in Hockey. I am, remember I am "interested in everything." But I've never been interested enough to attend but one game or to watch the games on tv. Ditto a lot of other sports. I was on a plane once sitting next to a hockey player. I asked him a lot about the game. It was interesting to me.

That is one reason why I like the possibility of meeting people, dating and so forth. People have different interests. If I met someone who was interested in hockey, a fanatic, sweatshirt with logo, never miss a game fan, then I would learn a lot about hockey. It would be fun to share in their enthusiasm.

What are some of the things that you want to explore this year? I mean, how do you want to develop yourself? I think that I want to add in more music and become a player. I also want to have more awareness of the gifts I've been given, such as health. In other words, gratitude. What about you?

It isn't that I'm not interested in Hockey. I am, remember I am "interested in everything." But I've never been interested enough to attend but one game or to watch the games on tv. Ditto a lot of other sports. I was on a plane once sitting next to a hockey player. I asked him a lot about the game. It was interesting to me.

That is one reason why I like the possibility of meeting people, dating and so forth. People have different interests. If I met someone who was interested in hockey, a fanatic, sweatshirt with logo, never miss a game fan, then I would learn a lot about hockey. It would be fun to share in their enthusiasm.

What are some of the things that you want to explore this year? I mean, how do you want to develop yourself? I think that I want to add in more music and become a player. I also want to have more awareness of the gifts I've been given, such as health. In other words, gratitude. What about you?
well here ya go be a fan lol of both NHL and Black history.... a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Wm-TvmC4Q&noredirect=1

then here r my own words...He is my hero I am a die hard hockey fan so heres go....Willie Eldon O'Ree, (born October 15, 1935 in Fredericton, New Brunswick) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player, known best for being the first black player in the National Hockey League. O'Ree played as a winger for the Boston Bruins. O'Ree is referred to as the "Jackie Robinson of ice hockey" due to breaking the colour barrier in the sport,and has stated publicly that he had met Jackie Robinson twice in his own younger years... Willie Eldon O'Ree,is a Black Canadian former professional ice hockey player, known best for being the first black player in the National Hockey League. O'Ree played as a winger for the Boston Bruins. O'Ree is referred to as the "Jackie Robinson of ice hockey" due to breaking the colour barrier in the sport,and has stated publicly that he had met Jackie Robinson twice in his own younger yearsMidway through his second minor-league season with the Quebec Aces, O'Ree was called up to the Boston Bruins of the NHL to replace an injured player. O'Ree was 95% blind in his right eye due to being hit there by an errant puck two years earlier,which normally would have precluded him from playing in the NHL. However, O'Ree managed to keep it secret, and made his NHL debut with the Bruins on January 18, 1958, against the Montreal Canadiens, becoming the first black player in league history, appearing in two games that year, and came back in 1961 to play 43 games, playing with Boston centreman Don McKenney and winger Jerry Toppazzini. He scored four goals and 10 assists in his NHL career, all in 1961.
Much more but well, I'll be post something new lol

O'Ree noted that "racist remarks were much worse in the U.S. cities than in Toronto and Montreal," the two Canadian cities hosting NHL teams at the time, and that "Fans would yell, 'Go back to the South' and 'How come you're not picking cotton?' Things like that. It didn't bother me. I just wanted to be a hockey player, and if they couldn't accept that fact, that was their problem, not mine."

In the minor leagues, O'Ree won two scoring titles in the Western Hockey League (WHL) between 1961 and 1974, scoring thirty or more goals four times, with a high of 38 in 1964–65 and 1968–69. Most of O'Ree's playing time was with the WHL's Los Angeles Blades and San Diego Gulls. The latter team retired his number, now hanging from the rafters at the San Diego Sports Arena. O'Ree continued to play in the minors until the age of 43.
and his Impact on hockey:
After O'Ree's stint in the NHL, there was no other black player in the NHL until another Canadian player, Mike Marson, was drafted by the Washington Capitals in 1974. There are 17 black players in the NHL as of the mid-2000s, the most prominent being Canadian Jarome Iginla (who is currently on the Calgary Flames). Art Dorrington was the first black player to sign an NHL contract, in 1950 with the New York Rangers organization, but Dorrington never played beyond the minor league level. NHL players are now required to enroll in a diversity training seminar before each season, and racially based verbal abuse is punished through suspensions and fines. While O'Ree was the first black player in the NHL, Larry Kwong, a Canadian of Chinese descent, first broke racial barriers when he played one game for the New York Rangers against the Montreal Canadiens on March 13, 1948.

black history notes enjoy...

Do u know where the words "the real McCoy or saying ... Is it the real McCoy ,it's the real McCoy" Came from by chance ,anyone?
And just a tid bit : James Douglas was born in Demerara, British Guiana, which is now Guyana, in 1803, the son of a Scottish merchant with commercial interests in sugar plantations, and a “free woman of colour.” In the records of the Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC), he is referred to as “a Scotch West Indian.” One biographer suggests that his mother “was probably a mulatto servant on his father’s plantation.”

At the age of 12, he was taken to Lanark, Scotland, for schooling. In 1819, at 16 years old, he was apprenticed to the North West Company, and became an employee of the Hudson’s Bay Company when the two great fur-trading companies merged in 1821.

James Douglas worked with HBC for about 20 years, rising to the top. He became Chief Factor for HBC at Fort Vancouver, Washington, in 1839, and later Governor of the Crown Colony of Vancouver Island, which was established in 1851 under the direction of the Colonial Office in London.

And like for this yr life to keep getting better learn more of ll things and start my biz back up just to start.... Oh n a better car lol

Last edited:
Willie happens to be Frederictons Hero. :D

I am from Fredericton and let me tell you, if there's a single person who doesn't know his history then they are driven to the arena and made to read " The Wall". Few years back Mr. O'Ree was so lucky as to have one of our newest rinks named after him and in the rink a wall of interpretation and photos solidifies his stature and spreads his story for all to hear.

I was excited to see your comment about him :)

Willie happens to be Frederictons Hero. :D

I am from Fredericton and let me tell you, if there's a single person who doesn't know his history then they are driven to the arena and made to read " The Wall". Few years back Mr. O'Ree was so lucky as to have one of our newest rinks named after him and in the rink a wall of interpretation and photos solidifies his stature and spreads his story for all to hear.

I was excited to see your comment about him :)
thx nice to know we live in bc seems tough to find knowledgable people here at all or that they know its black history so u too know the real McCoy?

Lol I know OF the real McCoy ;)

Back