Motorcycles anyone?

Unless you're significantly taller than the rider, all you'll see is the back of their helmet.

This is why the neck is capable of side to side movement.

I'm 5-9. You really think so? :(

I'm 6'. My ex was 5'9 - 5'10ish. The only time I rode pillion behind him I was unable to see anything apart from my reflection in his helmet until we'd already passed it. Yes, you can hold your head off to one side for a while, but then it starts to get uncomfortable fast.

That said, if riding pillion is what you want, go for it. I just objected to what I saw as an "of course girls don't ride" feel to your post.

I'm 6'. My ex was 5'9 - 5'10ish. The only time I rode pillion behind him I was unable to see anything apart from my reflection in his helmet until we'd already passed it. Yes, you can hold your head off to one side for a while, but then it starts to get uncomfortable fast.

That said, if riding pillion is what you want, go for it. I just objected to what I saw as an "of course girls don't ride" feel to your post.

Oh, no. I didn't mean that at all. I actually have the urge to drive as well, but I know myself and I'm not really as observant as one should be to be as safe as possible. Same goes with flying a plane--you have to be pretty vigilant, and I'm not that vigilant.

I guess looking at my amor's sexy neck and helmet wouldn't be so bad.....:p

Thanks for the responses.

I disagree... I ride behind my boyfriend often. I can see all around just fine. I can see over his shoulders just fine. We ride a HD Street Glide.

I love the excuse to hold him close. I am about an inch or two taller than my boyfriend. Yes I can ride myself. Raced motocross for years as a kid and teen.

Nothing better than riding side by side. Sometimes with the girlfriend on the back of mine. :)

I disagree... I ride behind my boyfriend often. I can see all around just fine. I can see over his shoulders just fine. We ride a HD Street Glide.

I've never had a problem enjoying the scenery from the "bitch seat" - just that I was so busy enjoying it that I wouldn't notice that he was stopping and smack my helmet off the back of his. Less of an issue with the sport-touring bike he has now, but I am still contemplating a "spacer" type foam pillow to place on the seat between us so I can brace myself against the back.

I would actually like to learn to ride myself (it really bothers me that we have vehicles that I can't drive)...problem is that I am short (5' 2") and even the smaller bike I am tippy-toe to touch the ground. (...and have already dropped it once because I can't stop it once it starts to go over).

JaneQ

... and even the smaller bike I am tippy-toe to touch the ground.
I think it used to annoy my ex that I could touch the ground on both sides from the pillion seat on his bike while he was on tippy-toes in the rider's seat.

Jane:

A cruiser will be your best bet at that height. There are plenty of smaller ones that can work and even some larger ones. If you want to go mid range, try a Vulcan 900. With minor modifications, you should be able to reach. Or Victory has the Kingpin Low. A different saddle, lowering link and pull back risers could help a lot. Check in to a few forums. There are short riders out there!

Back