He/She’s Just Not That Into You Quiz: 13 Questions to Ask Yourself

Erin

I recently read this article online and thought it too good not to share in a new thread... I've modified it as He/She for everyone :)

"He/She’s Just Not That Into You Quiz: 13 Questions to Ask Yourself"

"Are you a man or woman who has obsessive thoughts about hotties who sweep into and out of your life? Well, you are not alone. They waste hours and hours thinking and dishing about how, “They've got a deadline at work,” or, “They're really in the process of leaving the marriage.” Of course, none of the stories are the reason he/she doesn’t call, text, or email. The real reason is: he/she’s just not that into you.

Source: http://www.lovein90days.com/he-is-just-not-that-into-you/

Last edited by a moderator:
This quiz is not really in the poly spirit of allowing relationships to take whatever form they may, and all that jazz; but it is applicable for folks who have certain goals and agendas ("I want to be married with children by the time I'm 35", etc.) and want to do as much as they can to avoid "wasting" time with people who are not compatible with those goals.

@NeonKaos:
Many people on here struggle by questioning whether or not a person is really interested in them, so I thought I'd share the quiz. Sure, it was written for the traditional type of male/female relationship, but these questions can still be applied to anyone who simply wants to know if their love interest is truly invested in them or not. As stated in my original post, modify the quiz as necessary... it is only a quiz and does not pertain to all. :)

Ooh! I'll play.

1. Eager to see you and reluctant to leave gf 1, sweetie D 1
2. Wants regular consistent contact, asks for dates gf1, D 1
3. Interested in you and your life gf 1, D 1/2
4. Wants to be helpful gf 1, D 1 (helpful in providing lots of orgasms!)
5. Is verbally and physically affectionate gf 1, D 1
6. Wants to be romantic and sexual with you gf 1, D 1
7. Texts, emails or calls regularly gf 1, D, not lately, so 1/2 again
8. Acts like you are very special; doesn’t really want to date others gf 0, D 1
9. If you are dating other men–willing to hang in there gf 1, D 1
10. Becoming more attentive and loving over time 1 for both, until D got his new job!
11. Becoming more open to sharing his feelings and thoughts gf 1, D 1
12. Becoming more open to sharing his living space gf 1, D 0
13. Becoming more open to sharing his social life with friends and family members. gf 1, D 1/2 (as he's fine with my friends and family, but not introducing me to his family or friends)

Score: gf 12, D 11 1/2
:)

@NeonKaos:
Many people on here struggle by questioning whether or not a person is really interested in them, so I thought I'd share the quiz. Sure, it was written for the traditional type of male/female relationship, but these questions can still be applied to anyone who simply wants to know if their love interest is truly invested in them or not. As stated in my original post, modify the quiz as necessary... it is only a quiz and does not pertain to all. :)

I realize that. I was just saying what I had to say. Just because it was said by me doesn't mean that it's a challenge against something's right to exist.

Sure, it was written for the traditional type of male/female relationship...

Not just male/female, but monogamous! I had to laugh at the "Dating Program of Three." So, the person who designed this quiz advocates finding and using two other people (but no sex! Heaven forbid!) to manipulate the first one and make them jealous enough to commit. Talk about basing a relationship on trust and honesty, huh.

What if the first one isn't the type to get jealous? Wah-wah. What does one do if you want all three to commit? :eek: Wah-wah-wah.

I think I will add a comment on her blog.

Last edited:
I, unfortunately, had to let an SO go today because he failed most of these (he maybe got 3...). He got all upset saying that i expected too much cause he worked 9 hr days. *sighs*

I will play too, I love shit like this! :D

1. Eager to see you and reluctant to leave Mono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  2. Wants regular consistent contact, asks for datesMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0
  3. Interested in you and your lifeMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  4. Wants to be helpfulMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  5. Is verbally and physically affectionateMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0
  6. Wants to be romantic and sexual with youMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  7. Texts, emails or calls regularlyMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0
  8. Acts like you are very special; doesn’t really want to date othersMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  9. If you are dating other men–willing to hang in thereMono-0, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  10. Becoming more attentive and loving over timeMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0
  11. Becoming more open to sharing his feelings and thoughtsMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-1
  12. Becoming more open to sharing his living spaceMono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0
  13. Becoming more open to sharing his social life with friends and family members.Mono-1, PN-1, Derby-1, Leo-0

"If your man has a score of 4 or less, it probably indicates that he is just not that into you. If he gets 5-10 points the dude may have possibilities. Eleven (11) or more means he just may be the One. Look for more of these qualities over time to make a clearer assessment."

Mono-12
PN-13
Derby-13
Leo-7

well I seem to have three that are "the one" and one that might have possibilities. ;)

I think I could change my #9 where Mono is concerned if I think about it from the authors likely approach of monogamy. I think they are assuming that the "waiting" is until I am done with them all so as to be exclusive. Mono might see it that way I suppose. Check for that one in that case.

WOW! So my original thread got edited by someone not me. But it has also stirred some unintentional controversary with some. Sorry. I'd delete this threat but I don't have those types of powers here!

Boo on Erin!!! :(

Last edited:
I thought it was helpful. Sure, it was geared toward a very traditional monogamous mindset, but the gist of it was helpful for gauging any relationship with something like objectivity. I don't think polyamorous relationships are so wildly different that an entirely different standard of evaluation is necessary.

WOW! So my original thread got edited by someone not me. But it has also stirred some unintentional controversary with some. Sorry. I'd delete this threat but I don't have those types of powers here!

Boo on Erin!!! :(
No worries. There is no reason to delete. The link has everything in it that was taken out as far as I can see. I thought it was interesting and very helpful actually. Thanks. No boos on you. ;)

Hmmm. Oil Man works a lot of jobs and while we talk and text almost everyday, including fun sexy chat, I need physical interactions. I'm not someone that is satisfied with sexy text/chat or phone sex.

It's ok with me if I only see him every few months (his work schedule is that nuts) but I need to talk with him about scheduling dates in advance. The not sure when he's free thing is making me a bit irritable. If that doesn't work, maybe time to cut him loose.

1. Eager to see you and reluctant to leave Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 0
2. Wants regular consistent contact, asks for dates Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 0
3. Interested in you and your life Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 0
4. Wants to be helpful Beloved 1, SW .5, Oil Man 0
5. Is verbally and physically affectionate Beloved 1, SW 1, Oil Man 1
6. Wants to be romantic and sexual with you Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man .5
7. Texts, emails or calls regularly Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 1
8. Acts like you are very special; doesn’t really want to date others Beloved 1, SW 0, Oil Man 0
9. If you are dating other men–willing to hang in there Beloved 1, SW, 0, Oil Man 0
10. Becoming more attentive and loving over time Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 0
11. Becoming more open to sharing his feelings and thoughts Beloved 1, SW, 1, Oil Man 0
12. Becoming more open to sharing his living space Beloved 1, SW, 0, Oil Man 0
13. Becoming more open to sharing his social life with friends and family members. Beloved 1, SW, .5, Oil Man 0 - SW and I share friends and enjoy meeting each other friends.

Score: Beloved 13, SW 8 Oil Man 2.5

Back