Update on the Poly Process!

Macbeth

Well, it's been a little bit since LM or I have posted on here, so I thought I'd give a little update on how things are going.

LM's relationship is going gangbusters. I'll leave it to her to post any details, but it's a really good fit.

I made a connection with an old college friend, which started out simply because I knew she was someone I could talk to about the concept of polyamory and that she would react well to it. It went from there, though, and some repressed attraction came out for both of us. We've met a couple of times since, and we have a really good emotional connection. The sexual connection isn't quite so hot, for me anyway, so I'm thinking I'm going to be putting that one on hold for a while, and concentrate on just enjoying the time together.

I've also set up an account on OKC (ActingOpenly, if you are on there), and have actually made a couple good connections, including one that we're trying to schedule a meeting for. She and I have actually been having some GREAT conversations online, so I'm hoping that the more thoughtful nature of email and chat will translate well to real life. We both agreed that we're sensing a connection, and that it would be a really good idea to meet soon, before we begin painting pictures in our brains that no human being could live up to. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. :)

The other thing I've noticed is the rising of what I've started referring to as my 'animal brain.' I'm generally very relaxed on the issue of gender roles, but I've found that certain things bring up some of those primal male instincts of protectiveness, defensiveness, and possessiveness. Oddly enough, it's little things that I never would have expected. For me, recognizing these things and talking about them goes a long way to reducing or eliminating them. I've also found that I can redirect these feelings into the areas that are most beneficial and away from the destructive elements. For example, we had a most impressive 're-claiming' last night. ;)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say that things are going quite well. The road hasn't been completely free of bumps and potholes, but it's pretty damned good.

Peace!

Sounds like things are going well. And I'd like to say, impressive profile on OKC. Not many people take the time to be so verbose. :) Good luck with your new finds.

Yeah, I'm really happy at the moment with the process. We have a show opening tonight, and LM is on her way home from a make-up day at work. She's stopping by her BF's house first to get some 'good luck' for the performance, and then coming home for a bit before it's time to carpool to get kids from school. Certainly exciting.

Thanks for the comments on the profile. My first was REALLY plain and boring, and I decided that if I wanted to people to actually get an idea of who I was, I needed to talk a LOT more. So, I expanded it, threw in some of my humor, and just talked honestly about a lot more stuff. After I finished it, I realized how long it had become. Well, I guess that becomes a filter all by itself, eh? :p

Uh oh. Just realized that Good Luck is not what we want. I really hope her visit isn't to break a leg. :eek:

Sounds like everything is going really well! And good luck with your shhow too!

Glad everything is going so well. I laughed at the "reclaiming". My husband and I had some vigorous "reclaiming" ourselves when I'd come home from the gfs. ;)

Back