Hi Everyone!

jrock0609

I'm 56, female and recently separated from my husband of 8 years. I happened upon this culture after reading the profile of a visitor to my online dating profile. Yes, I did say, eek "online dating," but how else does one meet people when they are a work-a-holic? It peaked my interest when there was mention of polyamory, so I looked it up and your forum, hoping maybe to find some answers or insight into something that may help my situation. I would appreciate any and all advice or words of wisdom and love.

Welcome to the forum and welcome to polyamory. =] A lot of people round here seem to have done the online dating. I admit, I've signed up to them before too, only to remove my profile eventually. They've not helped anything for me. I tend to meet people a lot through friends and random encounters. Everyone here should be quite helpful if you just ask your questions. If you ever feel like one to one conversation though, feel free to send a PM my way. =]

It does seem much harder to meet people these days even when you do attempt to step out and do the things you enjoy. Anywho...welcome to the forum.

hi. i can relate to your situation. i've been recently divorced. also, joined an on-line dating site...there are many men, but tbh, i'm content with my boyfriend, also my dear friend's husband. but, i've been wanting to have another male in my life.

the dating sites provide a good way to meet men, but it takes a lot of effort imo.

i hope you enjoy learning more about this lifestyle and best of luck in meeting people who are a good match for you.

welcome to the forums.

I have to disagree with jodi on the "takes a lot of effort" idea seems like most people join the dating sites then never check back. or maybe i just was unlucky.

yes illusion, there have been some that have done that. everyone has different things going on in their heads. but, by effort, i mean, finding the time to actually date, i have my kids all nights except 2, and on one of those i spend w/ my boyfriend, so w/ work & school, its hard for me to schedule the time...plus, i think getting ready, clothes hair make-up...it takes effort for me.

Back