Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-19-2019, 08:36 PM

So I waited and waited for his Winter Break and for the day in that time when he'd come visit with me. His Winter Break came and went and he made no contact, and since I was the one always contacting him, I decided it was his turn to contact me as he said he would when he had time to be with me.

I sent him a text message a few days back saying "I hope you had a nice Winter Break"... and he replied "Thanks. So, how are you?" And I decided not to respond, 'cause I don't really think he cares how I am.

Such is life in the desert.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 AM

It is distinctly possible that I'm at the very first start -- seedling stage -- of something more substantial with another, apart from my very long term K guy. Like, ever. As in, this never happened before. No one ever opened to me this way since I've been with K; and I've not done that either. Not really. Not like this. Not with so much actuality about it.

Polyamory is feeling less "theoretical" or "I'm open to it happening" after today than ever previously. It feels like I and my new friend are opening into something different than I've experienced before. Something more whole and round and fulfilling and real..., as far as additional partners go.

I've seen the start and end of possibilities before, and I'm not one for counting unhatched chickens, but something truly new and fresh seems to have begun.

See: http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showt...742#post420742

We both want to continue, to explore, to spend time together.... And the cuddles are truly amazing.

Previously, the new guy -- TNG? -- (so new that I don't yet have an appropriate pseudonym for him here) had said that he was far more into women than into men. Today he said, basically, "sex (gender) is not that big a deal. It's really about the PERSON. He said he felt passion and connection with me akin to what he might have previously experienced with a woman, but that what he felt with me was about ME, not my sex, not my gender. Me.

Now tell me that's not sweet!

Last edited by River; 03-15-2019 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 12:42 PM

I do not think that people should be compared with swine. But I think that many should read this article, because now many have forgotten how to take care and behave with other people.
Old 03-17-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSven View Post
I do not think that people should be compared with swine. But I think that many should read this article, because now many have forgotten how to take care and behave with other people.
Hi BigSven -

Article? Do you mean what I posted immediately above? If so, what was it which I said which you are responding to? I'm curious. I'm not sure I follow what you mean.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:34 PM

Those who haven't read it may be interested in the Dating & Sex thread, wherein I update my situation. www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117688

Here I am again "dating" (a word always to be placed in scare quotes) a fellow living roughly fifty miles away in Albuquerque. Again, at least so far, the new fella hasn't got a lot of time to spend with me. We had one great "date" and have exchanged a lot of emails and texts (especially early on). We have plans to go hiking this coming Tuesday, which will be almost three weeks after our first "date".

I'm using the word "date" because it's familiar and requires little explanation. But I put it in scare quotes because I don't really do "dating" -- per se. I'm more of a hanging out together kind of guy. I adopted this stance when long ago a friend explained to me that he didn't "date" folks because "dating" is about sort of checking a person out to see if they fit a particular relationship agenda. I agree/d. So now I'm more of a hanging out sort of guy. But -- that said -- I think the new fella and I have more-or-less the same notion of where we're at and what we're exploring, as you'll see in the above linked thread.

Anyway, I'm here just to say how weird it is to be in a situation -- again -- where I only see the guy I'm seeing every several weeks. Whenever I've been "into" (as the kids say) somebody, I've always wanted to see them at least twice a week, not every so many weeks. I'm hoping we'll get to a weekly visit pattern, if possible, and that he'll want to talk a little by text or email in the in-between time, if only a little, so the feeling of a real connection will be there.

Tags
journal, life experiences