Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 03-08-2019, 02:03 PM

Default Reunions

For the first time in almost 20 years, the very first band I was in are reuniting to play a benefit show for one of our former band mates who was recently diagnosed with cancer. It has given me time to not only reflect on our fun times together, but also realize that time is short and we should be thankful for all that we have.

When I left that band in 1991, it was sad, but it ended up working out for me musically, professionally and personally. Even though none of the bands I've played in were as famous as say Iron Maiden, but it was still some amazing times and memories that will last forever.

Anyway, this reunion was something I've never thought would happen. I haven't played these songs since I left that band, even though the succeeding bands I've been in wanted to cover those songs. I just was not up for it.

With the few rehearsals we have done, it has felt good playing these songs again. It's also weird seeing those guys without their long hair, lol. But we are having an amazing time talking about the old days, having a few drinks, etc. Even though they got out of the band game, they still listen to heavy metal and followed my career even though we kind of lost touch for a long time. It was my sister they contacted to get my phone number and email. I don't use social media as I find it pointless.

Life is too short and this 1 time reunion has made me realize that no matter what the circumstances are in life, sometimes reconnecting with those you haven't seen and talked to in a long time are still going to be around no matter how much your own life changes. Eventually everything comes full circle.

If you have your own reunion stories, I would like to hear them.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Well, i recently got reconnected with my ex-friend and ex-partner. We broke up, with fireworks, leaving ruins, ashes and much gritting of teeth. 14 years ago. And now we are, well, probably going to be back together.

It's weird, interesting and unusual experience.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Official Greeter

I have started attending my family reunions (mother's side). I never thought I would do that, but now I've been doing it for a few years and have enjoyed it so far. They're all still faithful church members, whereas I'm now an atheist and had my name legally changed. So that kind of makes for a weird dynamic, but less weird than I expected I guess.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur View Post
Well, i recently got reconnected with my ex-friend and ex-partner. We broke up, with fireworks, leaving ruins, ashes and much gritting of teeth. 14 years ago. And now we are, well, probably going to be back together.

It's weird, interesting and unusual experience.
I think a lot of that has to do with maturing after all of those years. It happens to all of us. I know I've matured in certain aspects of my life over the years, whether it happened 10 years ago or 30 years ago. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdt26417 View Post
I have started attending my family reunions (mother's side). I never thought I would do that, but now I've been doing it for a few years and have enjoyed it so far. They're all still faithful church members, whereas I'm now an atheist and had my name legally changed. So that kind of makes for a weird dynamic, but less weird than I expected I guess.
That is awesome. I am glad to hear that.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NortheastPoly View Post
I think a lot of that has to do with maturing after all of those years. It happens to all of us. I know I've matured in certain aspects of my life over the years, whether it happened 10 years ago or 30 years ago. I hope it all works out for you.
Thank you! So far so good And we are certainly more cautious, perhaps because of what you mentioned. So, yes, we certainly changed. Yet, we are still the same people in many important ways
Old 03-14-2019, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur View Post
Thank you! So far so good And we are certainly more cautious, perhaps because of what you mentioned. So, yes, we certainly changed. Yet, we are still the same people in many important ways
I hope it continues to work out.

Reuniting with these guys has been awesome. I have missed playing with them and as we have been rehearsing the songs, it is just like how it was when we formed in 1986. I wish he could play with us, for at least 1 or 2 songs but his doctors advised him not to. We do have a special treat for him though, which he doesn't know. We are going to play 2 of his all time favorite songs in "Killing Machine" by Judas Priest and "Give 'em Hell" by Witchfynde.