Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Fireplace

Notices

Old 01-15-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I've just googled to check what an American biscuit is. It looks like what I thought it was - what we'd call a scone [skon]. What I'm not understanding is having them as the carb portion of breakfast or dinner lol

We eat scones as a stand alone morning tea, lunch or afternoon tea food only. If they are plain we might have jam and cream with them and a cup of tea (altogether called a Devonshire Tea). Often people bake in dates, or cheese. A full savory scone might have cheese, bacon, onion, capsicum (bell pepper), tomato, and on devastating occasions, corn. At home I make scones that seem more like your Red Lobster biscuits (we don't have that chain) - a bit wetter and not rolled or shaped, just cooked in spoonfuls. I'm not sure why you'd buy a can of mix when the only dry ingredients are flour, salt and baking powder. Well, and since I make cheese scones I tend to add a sprinkle of paprika (unsmoked). I also usually make a 50/50 mix of white to wholemeal flour as it makes them a little fluffier.
Up here in New England we have every kind of food... I'm quite familiar with scones. They are usually a sort of triangular precise shape. You can get them with raisins, cranberries. Having one with all the fixings including cheese and bacons sounds great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity0 View Post
Scones are a little different.

I use a mix I can add water to because I don't drink milk...lol

Oh, and please don't compare Red Lobster to real food
Haha all the Red Lobsters in Massachusetts closed a few years ago because no one was going. We have real seafood here on the Atlantic Coast!

We do have KFCs that serve gummy southern style biscuits by the truckload though. KFC is good when I'm depressed and lazy and just say fuck it. Once a year or so. I do love the chicken, I admit. My first real job as a teenager was at a KFC and I was in heaven!
Love withers under constraint; its very essence is liberty. It is compatible neither with envy, jealousy or fear. It is there most pure, perfect and unlimited when its votaries live in confidence, equality and unreserve. -- Shelley

Mags (poly, F, 63)
Pixi (poly, F, 41) my partner since January 2009, living together full time 6 years
Master, (mono, M, 37), Pixi's bf since April 2013
Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Spaminator

I think we still have one Red Lobster in my area. I don't know why anyone would eat there when we have so much fresh seafood. Nothing beats catching your own blue crabs and sauteing them in garlic and butter.

The KFC closed down for many years in my area. They recently built a new one and I tried it out. Not good. Oh well, chicken is cheap. I'll make my own.
Old 01-16-2019, 03:19 AM

As fast food chicken biscuits go, Bojangles has much better biscuits (they’re not flaky but tender) than KFC. Not sure how far that gets out of the South though.

Other Dramatis Personae are detailed in my blog.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 AM

Some years ago Tam and I stopped at a small town diner in Utah. "Oh cool!" I said on reading the menu, "They have scones out here. I will have tea and scones." What arrived was some kind of large deep fried pastry. Weird.

Leetah
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 AM
Spaminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetah View Post
Some years ago Tam and I stopped at a small town diner in Utah. "Oh cool!" I said on reading the menu, "They have scones out here. I will have tea and scones." What arrived was some kind of large deep fried pastry. Weird.

Leetah
Sometimes things get lost in translation lol
Old 03-17-2019, 08:49 AM

For breakfast, I always have a few eggs and coffee. Sometimes I can indulge myself with dessert, but this happens very rarely.

Tags
food