Update

So update on my situation— the friendship I tried to work out with my ex-
Girlfriend (forget the nicknames assigned- Fern? Holly?)) appears not to have taken- I have not received an update, so I assume there was drama- and if so, I’m thankfully not involved.

Another ex, who I’ll call Michael, had been putting our friendship offers for a while, and I was ready to take. We had a really wonderful conversation. He apologized for some of the stuff that went on- learning curve stuff, really, which I appreciated but had mainly forgotten, and I’m glad to be reconnected and have another poly minded friend.

And to keep a long story short and a little cryptic for privacy reasons, I’m taking keeping myself out of the crossfire seriously, over with the fruit people (Apple,Banana, Cherry). I’m not sure how workable the situation is—it has come to a head where “am I welcome over there or not” might be a dealbreaker- and needs to be figured out- as Apple cannot currently travel. I’m not sure i’m going to get that, but I’m checking the situation out before going over there- asking about possibilities, and making sure there is consent from Cherry (best we can figure out) and Banana before I go over. That way, they have a chance to work it out rather than me imposing myself on them. Worst comes to worst, if there is not, I know to get out of the way of that conflict, and put that on hold until there is a better situation. (Apple can travel, or Banana and Apple are in a different house, or Cherry is able to come to terms with me. She is being gracious— but I’m not sure I’m comfortable intruding on her without her consenting )

In the neantine,, I have a date with an occasional date, labeled Date in the past, this week that looks like it needs to be rescheduled, but is nice to have to look forwards to. And lots of time to get caught up with stuff that needs to be caught up with.

Life looks pretty good.

Last edited:
Glad life is looking pretty good. It sounds like you are dealing with various outcomes in various relationships and sticking with your new boundaries across the board. That new way of going seems to be serving you better.

(You had asked earlier about when to make a new thread. Since this post is still on the theme of "maintaining your boundaries and not getting stuck in any crossfires" I would have put the update on the old thread here rather than start a new thread. Just food for thought.)

Galagirl

Last edited:
Hi 1234567,

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you right now. Thanks for that update. It sounds like you are getting things worked out, and figured out. That's good news.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back