Hello. This is me.

Kamisori

Hi. I'm new to this site, and to this life in general. I've always identified as polyamorous, I just never knew until recently there was a word for what I am. It's a bit liberating.
I've only been in mono relationships, always too scared to talk to my significant others about the topic. I come here hoping to make friends, learn a bit about myself, and whatever else happens, happens. So please, message me, comment to me, tell me your stories. Hopefully, learning about you all, I can better know myself.

Greetings Kamisori,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You might like our Life stories and blogs board. I have a blog there, it is only 190 posts long. :p

I hope you'll find the friends and info you desire and seek.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for your welcome, kdt! Also, I love your signature.I laughed and got a weird look from the dog. Totally worth it

Hi. I'm new to this site, and to this life in general. I've always identified as polyamorous, I just never knew until recently there was a word for what I am. It's a bit liberating.

Welcome!

I've only been in mono relationships, always too scared to talk to my significant others about the topic. I come here hoping to make friends, learn a bit about myself, and whatever else happens, happens. So please, message me, comment to me, tell me your stories. Hopefully, learning about you all, I can better know myself.

In general, what happens here is you read other's threads and comment on them. Or if you want advice, start your own thread and ask specific questions. Tell us your history of dating and loving, tell us about what you wonder about and wish for in becoming polyamorous.

Re:

Hi, Mags :) Your words have been sitting with me since I read your reply yesterday. I've been thinking a lot "What DO I want?" and it's a question I rarely ask myself.
What I want is to be part of a group. I don't really know how to label myself...I identify as hetero, but I wouldn't care if I was in a male-heavy OR female-heavy group, as long as there's mutual acceptance/love/feelings...whatever.
I say this because sex is largely off the table for me. My previous job left me with breathing problems from all the machine coolant oil I breathed all the time, as well as back/sciatic nerve problems. Truthfully, I want to love and be loved in a group.
The best analogy I can think of is from a book..."The Compass Rose" by Gail Dayton. Family groups exist upwards of 12 members, everyone works for the group, shares duties etc...Although to be fair, the main group is probably the only one who regularly fights demons and saves kingdoms.
But yeah...I don't know if that really makes sense or not. I hope it does.

Well, living in a polyamorous group is a nice fantasy. Most real life poly is not so much a "poly family" style where a big group all lives and loves together. Communal living can be hard! And jealousies do exist even in poly lives. There are even cheaters in the poly community who will go behind their partner(s)' back to cheat despite the open relationship!

Generally, people just date, being upfront with any prospective partners that they are non-monogamous. Then you might find yourself dating a partner who also has another partner or two, and those partners might have another partner or two, and you might have another partner or two as well. You run the risk of not meeting your partners' needs if you spread you love too thin.

Also, you may or may not like your partner's partner (your metamour). You might be friends, even sometimes become lovers, but then again, you might dislike them, and hope to just be civil if and when you cross paths.

Living with someone who has another serious partner, can lead to one or the other of you eventually deciding one of your partners might also be a good housemate. But deciding to go from dating someone, to living with them, goes the usual way any mono people would deal with. Scheduling work and dates, household issues, finances, children, they all need to be negotiated.

Last edited:
Back