Hi there, I'm really excited about meeting everyone!

eternalsoul

Hi everyone, I am Soul.

I'm very new to polyamory, but believe me--I've done my homework. In fact, my obsession is a novel my partner and I have been writing for about seven years where the majority of "couples" are really triads. Despite this fact, I can't bring myself to ask my girlfriend if polyamory might be right for us.

I definitely elaborated on this in the "New to Polyamory" forum so I won't go into further details regarding that whole sticky situation.

Most people say I'm a lesbian for ease I suppose, but my girlfriend and I are very blatantly bisexual. I've never met another person who I have felt such a strong emotional connection to--I'm certain we've known eachother for quite a many past lives (yes, I believe in that crazy stuff.)

I believe the first time I considered polyamory was when I was laying in bed next to my girlfriend and male crush prior to doing anything sexual and we all were curled up together in this nice warm ball of people. I don't think I have ever felt so complete in my life.

I just want to be able to experience that on a regular basis. That overwhelming sense of completion. I love my girlfriend more than anything and I couldn't imagine life without her, but when all three of us were together it felt perfect.

But I digress.

I look forward to meeting you : ).

Welcome aboard.

I may have to start a bucket list.

"I believe the first time I considered polyamory was when I was laying in bed next to my girlfriend and male crush prior to doing anything sexual and we all were curled up together in this nice warm ball of people. I don't think I have ever felt so complete in my life.

"I just want to be able to experience that on a regular basis. That overwhelming sense of completion. I love my girlfriend more than anything and I couldn't imagine life without her, but when all three of us were together it felt perfect. "

Just for the record... I am insanely envious of that experience. Just reading it brings tears to my eyes. I may have to start a bucket list.

Welcome to the board! Don't be afraid to talk to your girlfriend about polyamory. She sounds amazing, and she may just surprise you with her reaction. Don't cheat yourself out of what you could have (and already desire).

Thanks guys : )

Well, until I decide to bring it up somehow, I'm just going to stick around for a while and read what everyone has to say so it'll be a little easier.

Wow,

We have just started a Poly life just months ago and we feel completed! Take it from us you need to communicate your feelings with your partners, always.

My wife of almost 20yrs started to focus her feelings inside and feared what I thought about her love for another. Once she expressed that love and we engaged in a "dating" style relationship with her other lover our relationship grew a lot more. More trust, communications, open feelings etc. No we are all living together and we are hoping to attend a poly group meeting in Tampa this month.

We even have started to plan a commitment cermony for the three of us.

It is scary to open your feelings to your partners, but repressing feelings can do damage and some of the damage can never be fixed.

Back