The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

I am pretty happy with a purchase I made today. I have been missing wearing a watch because I find it a PITA to always take out my phone to look at the time, and there are so many pretty watches out there! Last month, I received a coupon in the mail for a big watch store here, and it was about to expire next week, so I went shopping and decided to treat myself. Bought two beautiful watches and received 25% off - yippee!

Last edited:
After yesterday's feeling of a small triumph, I kind of lost momentum today and didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to. I have to work tomorrow, and don't wanna. And I have been fighting a cold for the last few days, got the sniffles.

I am always tired, and lately (after a small respite) have been feeling stressed again, for a few reasons. One is my job. In some ways, it's a piece of cake, but in other ways, it's very physically and mentally demanding. The other stressor is financial- and divorce-related stuff. My life is still a bit of a mess in that regard.

For the last six months or so, I occasionally lapse into fantasies about moving away, escaping into the woods, off the grid somewhere, to be alone with no responsibilities, or of taking a sabbatical for a year or something. But today, I thought of a plan that I think is doable, and a goal I can work toward - to take three or four months off and travel, albeit very budget-consciously. I don't think it can happen this coming year, but perhaps the next. There are places on the planet that I would like to visit before I get too old and achy to travel, and so I will start planning.

Well, at least it gives me something with which to occupy my mind.

Last edited:
I'm feeling like crap... I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and a slight fever, which became more of a fever. It all kicked off a massive fibromyalgia flare as well, which meant I spent the entire day at a 1-10 pain scale level of about 8. All I could do about it was take ibuprofen and ask Hubby for hugs after he got home from work.

This morning, I woke up with considerably lessened pain...except for my throat, which had gotten worse. And I still had a fever. I get sore throats sometimes with my allergies or a cold, or if I have trouble swallowing one of my medications and it gets stuck in my throat, but I almost never have a fever. So since I was physically capable of moving and driving, I went to the nearest urgent care and was diagnosed with strep throat. Which seriously sucks. Alt gets strep and bronchitis 2-3 times apiece every year, and I always manage not to catch it from her. But on Wednesday, I had to take Country to her pediatrician, and there were coughing, hacking kids there refusing to wear the masks they're supposed to wear if they're coughing, and the parents were saying "Okay, honey, you don't have to wear it if you don't want to", so I'm pretty sure that's where I got the strep from.

The suckiest part, though, is on Friday I felt totally fine...so I went out to lunch with Woody, then he came back to my place and we snuggled a bit on the couch. Which means he probably has it as well. I feel massively guilty about that, even though I couldn't have predicted on Friday that I would wake up sick yesterday... I called him yesterday to give him a heads-up, and now I have to call him again to let him know it is definitely strep. And I'm afraid he's going to be angry with me, which is one of those irrational fears that I'm gonna feel anyway until proven otherwise.

I'm feeling like crap... I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat and a slight fever, which became more of a fever. It all kicked off a massive fibromyalgia flare as well, which meant I spent the entire day at a 1-10 pain scale level of about 8. All I could do about it was take ibuprofen and ask Hubby for hugs after he got home from work.

This morning, I woke up with considerably lessened pain...except for my throat, which had gotten worse. And I still had a fever. I get sore throats sometimes with my allergies or a cold, or if I have trouble swallowing one of my medications and it gets stuck in my throat, but I almost never have a fever. So since I was physically capable of moving and driving, I went to the nearest urgent care and was diagnosed with strep throat. Which seriously sucks. Alt gets strep and bronchitis 2-3 times apiece every year, and I always manage not to catch it from her. But on Wednesday, I had to take Country to her pediatrician, and there were coughing, hacking kids there refusing to wear the masks they're supposed to wear if they're coughing, and the parents were saying "Okay, honey, you don't have to wear it if you don't want to", so I'm pretty sure that's where I got the strep from.

The suckiest part, though, is on Friday I felt totally fine...so I went out to lunch with Woody, then he came back to my place and we snuggled a bit on the couch. Which means he probably has it as well. I feel massively guilty about that, even though I couldn't have predicted on Friday that I would wake up sick yesterday... I called him yesterday to give him a heads-up, and now I have to call him again to let him know it is definitely strep. And I'm afraid he's going to be angry with me, which is one of those irrational fears that I'm gonna feel anyway until proven otherwise.

I hope you're feeling better than you were. :(

It's really hard to put into words the way I've been feeling lately. My feelings for Dean have escalated to a point that is hard for me to process. I couldn't help but send him a quote I found this evening that puts it in the best wording:

"I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out."

There's so much more to it than that, but I couldn't help but share this overwhelming sense of joy that I have two people in my life that bring that level of happiness and fulfilment in ways that I never knew I needed.

My youngest kid is 12 now. They're BOTH at the age I remember well.

Guess it's time to update the .sig. (*sigh*)

(Yeh, yeh, I know... it gets worse. I'm awaiting the "driving" and "college" milestones as we speak...)

Thanks, Bunnie. I'm feeling better, and fortunately Woody didn't catch strep from me, so all is well. Except for the part where I seriously strained a muscle and possibly damaged a tendon around my ribs when Bouncer tried to lift me the other day and I tried to resist... (I don't deal well with being picked up, and I didn't know he was going to do it. He doesn't know he injured me, and I don't intend to tell him because I don't want him to feel bad.)

Glad you're experiencing such happiness right now!

Thanks, Bunnie. I'm feeling better, and fortunately Woody didn't catch strep from me, so all is well. Except for the part where I seriously strained a muscle and possibly damaged a tendon around my ribs when Bouncer tried to lift me the other day and I tried to resist... (I don't deal well with being picked up, and I didn't know he was going to do it. He doesn't know he injured me, and I don't intend to tell him because I don't want him to feel bad.)

Glad you're experiencing such happiness right now!

I've had that happen a few times.

Zed is a wrestling fanatic and likes to pick me up without warning.

I'm doing nothing short of amazing. <3

Dean's band had a concert tonight. It was kind of a big deal with his new album he's about to release. I got to dress as his Harley and had several fans gushing to me for a good while after the show.

"I've never gushed so hard over a local band in my life. That was intense."

I also had the opportunity to work a little and network with the local band photographers.

My life is awesome. <3

I'm cranky. Didn't sleep well or long enough Friday night, had conflicts with Hubby and Country yesterday, and Bouncer didn't get back to me about our tentative plans for today. At least not by my standards, because I'm literal and need things spelled out. At 4 this afternoon, he answered the text I'd sent at noon, and said he'd just woken up and had to go grocery shopping and a few other things, so to him that was probably the same as saying he wouldn't be able to get together. And the bloody muscles around my ribs still hurt like hell; I'm having trouble singing because it hurts to breathe deeply enough to hold notes in some of the songs I'm working on.

On the other hand, the reason for not sleeping Friday night was that, after movie night at Woody's ended and everyone else had either gone to bed (he rents out rooms in his house; two of his housemates were watching movies with us and other friends) or gone home, Woody asked me to stay the night with him, and very pleasant naked times ensued. So I'm trying to focus on that and not let the crap since yesterday morning take away from the happiness about that progression of things between Woody and me.

Much excitement in my life lately. I sign a lease on new office space tomorrow, and will be moving my office in the new year when the improvements are done. Billie is moving out (closer to Mal and Djinn) to go to school, so I'll get to see her and them each time I go that way. :)

On the down side: Djinn just basically asked Mal to discuss what a separation leading to divorce would look like. Part of me wants them to just rip off the band aid and get it done, but all of me wants them *both* to be happy and I'm not sure what 'happy' looks like for them anymore. I always thought that they were on the same team, but that seems not to be true anymore. It's heartbreaking to watch.

Not feeling very well today. I havent for several days and now it's more stress induced than anything.

Tried to have a productive day yesterday but ended up fighting with Zed most of the day because he's been stuck in video games and hasn't acknowledged our life hardly at all for over a week at this point. I called him out and it escalated to a point where he actually restrained me from behind for no real reason and then threw his wedding band at me.

I still don't feel well, but it's not been acknowledged at all. Even though I'm continuing trying to stay productive.

I don't really know what to do at this point. I'm trying to be supportive of him not feeling well, but that's really hard when my request for him to help me somehow turns into something completely different and my needs (our needs) are ignored.

How am I doing? Let's see, what is it all the kids say nowadays? Umm... SQUEE!!!

:D:rolleyes::eek:;)

Walked a different way out of work tonight to take a little stroll before catching my bus home, and I was happy to see a guy I met almost two months ago heading down the street towards me. I have been thinking about him and wanting to get in touch, but feeling too stressed out over work and other things. Anyway, he was on his phone, but I waved at him and he stopped.

OMG, he was so cute, dressed in gym clothes. Kept apologizing for being sweaty and a mess, as he just finished a spin class. He also told me he had had quite a bit to drink the night we met, and apologized for that, too, but he told me he remembered having a great time with me, and was really glad we bumped into each other tonight. I told him I have a lot going on right now, but would like to stay in touch and maybe get together in a few weeks. He said he would text or call me.

Something about him tonight... he was so vulnerable and unguarded, it was very appealing. He is the kind of guy who, I can tell, likes to be in command. He is one of the Chief Officers of a large company, and when I met him, well, he had a certain swagger and air of confidence. We had hit it off that night and he let go of his bravado little by little, so I saw glimpses of his younger, less jaded, more vulnerable self. He could easily be described as arrogant upon first meeting him, but I felt like I had connected with the person underneath all that stuff. Tonight, he was so... real and so sweet. It was nice to see that and to know I wasn't imagining things in how I'd been remembering him.

So, yeah, squee.

Last edited:
I'm both incredibly happy and slightly bummed. Hubby is working ridiculous hours but boy has been spending tons of time with me so I haven't been lonely. Definitely miss hubby, though. Still, happy. Then I was talking to a woman on okc and we started to discuss meeting today. She vanished. So, I guess that's not happening. A little bummed about it, but overalls can't complain, right?

I'm both incredibly happy and slightly bummed. Hubby is working ridiculous hours but boy has been spending tons of time with me so I haven't been lonely. Definitely miss hubby, though. Still, happy. Then I was talking to a woman on okc and we started to discuss meeting today. She vanished. So, I guess that's not happening. A little bummed about it, but overalls can't complain, right?

Super bummer. :/ I had that happen a while ago, but she got a boyfriend.
Sadly I know him and he has a history of being a little twat. But she seems happy currently so I'm glad for that.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well for you, Bunnielight. Hope they get better soon.

Doing alright lately. I'm ridiculously busy with work this week, which works out well since Roger is visiting Taylor most of the week. Gives me space to do the work necessary, plus lots of talking with Jack. Roger and I have put some of our problems on the back burner and refocused on spending some quality time. Feels like a bit of limbo, but I'm okay with the minimal chaos right now (outside of keeping all these plates spinning of course!). I never seem to get enough sleep, though...

I have a really obnoxious toothache and it hurts like hell. My molar in the back on the bottom is loose and wiggling around, and my gums are super sore. I was hoping it would get better, and didn't do anything except swish some Gly-Oxide in there, but I know I should have it pulled. Pulling such a big molar is probably going to require stitches. Fuck.

However, tomorrow is a big day at work, lots to do and I was forewarned that I'll be expected to stay late, too. So, I need to see if I can just get the throbbing under control until my next day off.

Waaaahhhhh.

I have a really obnoxious toothache and it hurts like hell. My molar in the back on the bottom is loose and wiggling around, and my gums are super sore. I was hoping it would get better, and didn't do anything except swish some Gly-Oxide in there, but I know I should have it pulled. Pulling such a big molar is probably going to require stitches. Fuck.

However, tomorrow is a big day at work, lots to do and I was forewarned that I'll be expected to stay late, too. So, I need to see if I can just get the throbbing under control until my next day off.

Waaaahhhhh.
Toothaches are the worst, dude! I've had an abscess, a broken, and a cracked tooth that I've had to have pulled. My dentist offered a root canal, but they're just back teeth so fuuuuuuck that.

I'm doing pretty great for the most part. Been trying to prepare for the weekend.

I've been in a weird mental space trying to manage some of Deans jealousy towards Cuba's time. He doesn't cause issue but his distance during these times bothers me. And I'm not certain how he may react after events unfold this weekend.

Otherwise I am wonderful, I just hate that I can't really control this rift or how he feels.

Had my bad tooth pulled Thursday afternoon. The extraction was easy for the dentist because it had become so loose. His assistant said he barely touched it with whatever implement he used and it popped right out, but... Jeee-zus! My face is fucking sore! Did I really need five Novocaine injections? Owwww!

Fortunately it didn't bleed much and it seems to be healing properly, but wow, the whole thing just wiped me out for the rest of the day! 'Twas a good thing I called in sick. I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad because the tooth was so loose anyway, and it's just a tooth pull, right? Ugh, wrong! Of course, it wasn't as bad as the time I had two wisdom teeth pulled on the same visit (all I remember about that was moaning loudly on my couch afterwards, for hours and hours), but anytime there is breaking and entering into the body, it creates trauma, and the body really needs to recover.

So, after the throbbing subsided a bit, I slept for a while. I took the antibiotics he prescribed, but had to go out and get some pain relievers, though, because I only had aspirin here, and that is contraindicated because it's a blood thinner and the blood needs to clot properly where the big gaping hole now is (bye-bye, molar!). I can eat soft foods, as long as I keep stuff on the other side of my mouth. So, it was a bit of an ordeal, but not terrible in the grand scheme of things. I'm rested, healing, and going to take tomorrow off, too. I just wish that side of my face wasn't swollen anymore.

So, I'm feeling a little beat-up, but okay. Did I mention how cute my dentist is? Oh yes, he's yummy.

Last edited:
Back