The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

o_O Kaos, what's got you all worked up?

I've just fucking had it with people and their priorities all screwed up.

I just raided my larder and bought double groceries because my best friend who works 60 hours a week just sold most of her "good" clothes to buy gas, has been drinking creamers from the coffee room from where she works to keep from passing out, and among other things, her 10-year-old son was told by his pediatrician to "help your mom think of more recipes to make" when they don't even have fucking food in the house. She makes "too much money" to get food stamps.

This, on top of what I do EVERY DAY for my cats, all of whom were abandoned by fuck-face humans.

So you see, I am very low on sympathy/compersion/what-have-you for people whose biggest problem has to do with figuring out they are poly, or how to find a unicorn, or how many nights a week they should spend fucking their OSO, etc. etc. etc. because obviously everyone on this forum has a fucking roof over their head, enough to eat, and can afford fucking internet and/or a cell phone.

I am so lucky that i work for fucking Harvard, and my job is union, that I can afford to help those who are much needier than I am. And I have been doing this for years and don't fucking brag about it. I am sick and fucking tired of people taking shit for granted.

So go ahead and criticize my shitty moderator/people skills. Yes, you River, I'm talking to you and your little posse. Put your fingers in your ears and sing "LALALA".

kthxbai

I'm banning myself. Hope everyone's ok with that. Actually, I don't give a flying fuck.

EDIT: It won't let me ban myself. Someone else do it.

Last edited:
Having a pretty good day. Had a conversation with our derby coach - I may regret it later tonight at practice... he hadn't done up the workout for practice yet :eek:

Oh and Derbylicious - I used your baseline as an example... I think that may be incorporated into our workouts - when do you do your next one?

I haven't been here much because on the relationship front - I'm content. I'm happily married, open to possibilities, and not willing to be with someone who cheats. Plus I'm broke so can't go to the city as often as I'd like :p

I'm starting to ramble. Must blog. Or email someone. LOL

DSC_0006.JPG

Having a pretty good day. Had a conversation with our derby coach - I may regret it later tonight at practice... he hadn't done up the workout for practice yet :eek:

Oh and Derbylicious - I used your baseline as an example... I think that may be incorporated into our workouts - when do you do your next one?

I haven't been here much because on the relationship front - I'm content. I'm happily married, open to possibilities, and not willing to be with someone who cheats. Plus I'm broke so can't go to the city as often as I'd like :p

I'm starting to ramble. Must blog. Or email someone. LOL

I have no idea when we're doing the next one, probably in 3 months from the first...right in the middle of off season. I'm guessing we won't do as well as we did during the season.

As for making it into the city if you can manage it I'm going to be there next week if you want to hang out. :) (or let me know when you practice and I might make the drive out...if it's ok with your team).

If anyone wants to be in contact with Neon Kaos you can PM me for her email, or Facebook info.

Edit to add : I forgot the 'How are you Doing ?' part.

Mostly good I think. Though feeling very tired from running around so much. I try to tell myself to slow down, but,..I`m not very good at that part.
I sometimes think of starting a blog here, but really I am a very boring person. Life just rolls along . :)

Last edited:
As for making it into the city if you can manage it I'm going to be there next week if you want to hang out. :) (or let me know when you practice and I might make the drive out...if it's ok with your team).

Hey! It would be awsome if you came up!! I've just sent a msg to the team asking about that - I don't know what the policy is :p

Practice is Tuesdays for mixed freshies & vets - Thursdays for vets. 7 - 9pm - if you come up you of course have a place to stay if you don't want to drive back to the city :)

I have a meeting on Wednesday evening - I won't be able to make it down to the city at all next week :(

Last edited:
It's our poly anniversary! On 10-10-10 we formed our V. It's been an INTERESTING year. I don't regret giving this a shot, even though my marriage is on some shaky ground right now. At least I'm being more courageous than I've ever been in my life.

I'm doing pretty good right now.

Spent the weekend out in the woods being a geek and came down with a case of the Mundane Mondays. My wife forgot to cook the lunch we bought for me for today, but she made it for me for dinner. Just wrapped up a documentary and am feeling better about life in general.

Was a close call too. I've been months without a major depressive episode, namely one that lasts more then a few hours or a day, so dodging the bullet is a very good thing.

What should have been a lovely visit with my children and step mom and cousins has turned into a stress filled weekend.

My oldest said something to me that made me wish I was enough of a masochist to take a cheesegrater to my leg.

Then my daughter said something which made me want to shriek at her - I "hung up" on her on facebook.

Overall - I'm disappointed and frustrated by my two older kids' attitudes.

But other than that - I had a lovely Thanksgiving. Lots of leftover pumpkin pie - no other leftovers (we made 6 pumpkin pies)

I may just go stuff my crankiness with more pumpkin pie.

keeping life simple...things are good in the little bubble and apparently keeping the bubble little is what is creating that :)

Awesome. I`ve had some poly-ish moments lately, and didn`t run screaming. ...kinda smiled. :)

A gf came to thanksgiving dinner with my family, and a fwb worked with Mr.Sour and I, to reach a destination.

I feel content.

Content is good. Content is awesome.

As for me, I worked out my issues with my kids. Had a great practice last night at roller derby.

Feeling rather lost in terms of poly, but only because I don't have any immediate prospects. :p

Hee Hee,..funny, I only feel lost with poly, when I have prospects. :p

I am glad you and the big kids, sorted things out ! :)

Feeling rather lost in terms of poly, but only because I don't have any immediate prospects. :p

So does that mean I should always feel lost? :p Just a jab at how things work out for me.

Other then that, doing pretty good today. Picked up my rune stamp set yesterday and I'm working out what projects I want to build with them. Might put some stuff together to sell before/during the holiday season.

Have been doing some emailing with a guy from PolyMatchmaker, so far, so good. Hubby is enjoying a remodeling of the Oblivion computer RPG.:)

Back