Glossary and Definitions

I think I am showing my age by how many of these I already knew! I surprised myself and am feeling very hip and young right now haha :cool:

Looking for a couple of definitions

Sorry if I missed these. Looking for the meanings of ETA and NSA.

Thanks!

FAL

--------------------------------

M - Me female, 59 - _trying_ to figure out if I'm poly
B - 56 - my husband for over 34 years
JP - 58 - my high school boyfriend, newly appeared in the picture after 38 years; very long distance; haven't actually seen him
A - 65? - JP's wife of over 30 years

Sorry if I missed these. Looking for the meanings of ETA and NSA.
NSA = no strings attached

ETA... the only meanings of that I know are "edit(ed) to add", and "estimated time of arrival". No idea if there's any poly-specific third meaning of it. :confused:

ETA... the only meanings of that I know are "edit(ed) to add", and "estimated time of arrival". No idea if there's any poly-specific third meaning of it. :confused:

Thanks! It was probably edit(ed) to add. I think it was typically near the bottom of a post. I couldn't make any sense out of the context. I'll have to keep an eye out for when I see it again.

The NSA makes sense.

FAL

JP - 58 - my high school boyfriend, newly appeared in the picture after 38 years; very long distance; haven't actually seen him

Thank everyone for this marvelous glossary!

Very insightful.

Thanks! It was probably edit(ed) to add. I think it was typically near the bottom of a post. I couldn't make any sense out of the context. I'll have to keep an eye out for when I see it again.

The NSA makes sense.

FAL

Almost asked if you got your answer to "FAL" acronym...........then I read your name :rolleyes: :D

Thanks for this, helped me out a lot all the same!

Hi all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'd like some advice on terms used by you all to describe your relationship to others.

My situation is this. I'm male and living with a female (call her Sarah) who is married to another male (call him Rick). Sarah and Rick have been married for 6 years and until last year lived with each other as husband and wife (and were comfortable referring to each other in those terms). Sarah still has a loving intimate relationship with Rick but last year moved out to live with me. We are now a Vee, with Rick and myself as the arms and Sarah as the pivot/hinge.

Referring to Sarah as my "partner" doesn't quite seem right as this doesn't quite capture the relationship. And Sarah doesn't feel right referring to Rick simply as her "husband", given that she lives with someone else. Sarah could refer to both myself and Rick as her co-primaries, but this is rather prosaic. Is anyone else in a similar situation? Have you found words that communicate the nature of your relationships in a way you're happy with?

many thanks!

Hi em1dw,

Sorry about the lateness of this response, I don't keep up on the glossary thread very well.

I guess I am logic-driven and don't mind prosaic descriptors, plus I more often refer to my poly companions by their names (or nicknames) rather than by their "titles."

Snowbunny often refers to herself as my wife even though she and I aren't legally married. I usually refer to her legal husband as my Brother-Husband.

It's okay to be creative when inventing terms that are suitable to you. Perhaps if Rick is your metamour, then Sarah is your amour. How's that?

:)

Long distance relationship :)

Whoops - didn't see that you got it!

Here's one for you:

Polykink - Seeing multiple play partners for BDSM sessions, which may or may not involve intercourse.

I had never heard of that one.

ERP - Erotic Role Play, a term used to describe romantic interactions in an online setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I Poly or mono? or what?

I allow my husband to sleep with other women, its actually a turn on for me when he's with another woman.

I have no interest in sleeping with other men, for two reasons: I love my man more than anything, and he more than satisfies me in bed he is amazing to be honest.

I'm straight I'm not sexually attracted to women, most women anyway. I've never sexually touched or french kissed a woman and have no desire to. However! I absolutely love it when he comes back home late and straight away hops into bed and I can smell he has been with his girlfriend, they don't use condoms and I love it knowing her fluids were on his penis and then we make love, it really gets me going.

I believe when its reversed, a man is a cuckold, or his wife is a "hotwife" if hthe husband has no sexual involvement with her boyfriends...bulls or whatever they call it. Both types the husbands don't have sex with other women other than his wife.
So I'm the female version of a man who likes "hotwife-ing"?

Depending on how the words are defined, I would say you're poly or poly-friendly, because you're in favor of poly even if you don't practice it yourself. Other than that you could use such words as cuckquean (counterpart to cuckold) or hothusband.

I think it would be nice to have all the terms on one page - the ones which get separate mention would only have a short description of the actual term, with a link to where they are explained in full.

So for example.. In the Glossary, Elendlar would be "the ancient art of summoning, further explained here:" and then a link to the Traditional Summoning part of the Mana Arts page.

Back