Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Hehe, same as me. But I stumbled over poly the same time I posted on here for the first time, therefore there wasn't much to catch up on. The blog became a linear story by itself :) Speaking of which, I enjoyed your story and way of writing quite a bit, keep at it :D

Just the three of us..

Lately, both of my lovers have been getting up early with me.. and we sit.. each on a different computer... smiling, laughing and sharing bits that we've found on the Internet...

Just sharing coffee and morning smiles... Life is good.

Helllllooo, "happiness?" Come on guys, its a two parter!

I will move this thread soon as its evidently too scary to post there. Post here instead for a bit. Geesh *eye roll* (tease) ;) :D

This weekend it's going to be one year that I've been seeing my boyfriend. My husband said it was cute how I was getting all awkward and flustered trying to decide if I should refer to it as our "anniversary" or not. I love how supportive he is, even though they've only met once.

I always feel happy when my husband makes positive comments. As neither he nor my boyfriend's wife have a desire to have active friendships with their metamours, I need reminders that their not being friends doesn't mean my husband isn't 100% supportive and glad for my happiness. I keep meaning to start a blog here but nothing happens to write about...it is all rather boring and drama free. I LOVE having this calm period, and I treasure it because I know its bound to temporary.

I had a happy, all-of-us-together (sort of) moment. I went to Vegas with First BF. Our second evening there, Current BF called, and ended up talking with both of us. Current BF was quite plastered, and trying to convince First BF to come to a dinner party thrown by Current BF's mom. (he can't go, he's already got tickets to something else) But we were all talking and laughing and it was joyful and fun, like it always was when three of us hung out together.

It was uplifting and hopeful for me that the day will arrive soon when we will all be in a room together and it won't be weird, it will just be okay, even fun.

A Night Out

We are typically homebodies but occasionally the boys will pry me out of my "nest" to experience the world. Last night was one of those nights...and it was AWESOME!

They picked me up at work and we went to *MrClean's house to pick him up. The boys visited with MrsClean and the kids while I borrowed a bathroom to transform myself from "Plain JaneQ" to "Mustang Sally." It's funny - I usually don't wear make-up / do my hair / dress sexy, but when I do the introvert Jane magically turns into my extrovert alter-ego Sally - and SHE is a party animal! (At least surrounded by a bevy of "safe" boys...;))

We drove to the city and had dinner at a restaurant that Dude really likes and then went to a concert at a bar a few blocks away. There were 3 opening acts - I really like the first one, everyone thought the second one was really great (electric washboard! - who knew?), the third was meh. Then the main act came on ... I like them well enough, Dude wasn't familiar with them but seemed to enjoy the show, but they are a favorite of MrS and MrClean and they danced like maniacs. I threw myself into the mosh pit on occasion, danced a ton, drank beer and had a generally great time.

At one point Dude and I were outside for a smoke and cool-down before heading back in to fetch beer for everyone. I was so giddy-happy I was glowing - I had just kissed all three of my "dates" in quick succession, combined with good music and a nice buzz, I was about ready to burst. Dude asks me "So...are you feeling like you are the luckiest girl in the world?" - to which I reply, "ABsolutely!" A girl (and her guy) are standing next to us, she is decked out in full '50s dress with a great intricate hairdo, and she overhears and asks "Why is she the luckiest girl?" My reply - after a pause - "It's complicated... I'm here with my husband and my boyfriend." Dude chimes in "I'm the boyfriend, her husband and boytoy are holding our space on the floor." Priceless.

(We went back in and Dude told MrClean that he had been "promoted" to boytoy - MrClean replied "Pshaw...I've been her boytoy for YEARS." - giggles :D)

After the concert we went to a strip club to look at pretty naked girls and MrS bought me a lap dance and the girls were really sweet (I got kisses:p).

Afterwards we dropped MrClean off and headed home - where I got double dose of attention from my boys and then promptly fell asleep in a state of bliss.

I'm walking around today all ... satisfied. I get happy-giggles randomly.

JaneQ

(Only downside to the evening was the bitchy boss-lady at the strip club who was mean - she's the owner's wife and clearly disapproves...I think she is in the wrong line of work. I have a whole rant worked out in my head directed at her but will save that for a more appropriate venue.)

*MrClean is a friend of ours. Married with kids. For years he and I have been not quite FWB (which he thinks his wife would not be ok with) - but tons of sexy flirting / light petting (which his wife is - I asked!)

Simple happy things

This past weekend Redpepper's hubby had his birthday party. We all pitched in throughout the night to make sure our friends and family were looked after and it truned out great!
Derby spent the night with Redpepper in her room and I "fell asleep" with my earbuds in and netbook resting on my lap in bed. The next morning I made and delivered the ladies some coffee to start thier day.

Another successful evening for the tribe a I think :)

Last edited:
At one point Dude and I were outside for a smoke and cool-down before heading back in to fetch beer for everyone. I was so giddy-happy I was glowing - I had just kissed all three of my "dates" in quick succession, combined with good music and a nice buzz, I was about ready to burst. Dude asks me "So...are you feeling like you are the luckiest girl in the world?" - to which I reply, "ABsolutely!" A girl (and her guy) are standing next to us, she is decked out in full '50s dress with a great intricate hairdo, and she overhears and asks "Why is she the luckiest girl?" My reply - after a pause - "It's complicated... I'm here with my husband and my boyfriend." Dude chimes in "I'm the boyfriend, her husband and boytoy are holding our space on the floor." Priceless.

(We went back in and Dude told MrClean that he had been "promoted" to boytoy - MrClean replied "Pshaw...I've been her boytoy for YEARS." - giggles :D)

After the concert we went to a strip club to look at pretty naked girls and MrS bought me a lap dance and the girls were really sweet (I got kisses:p).

Afterwards we dropped MrClean off and headed home - where I got double dose of attention from my boys and then promptly fell asleep in a state of bliss.

I'm walking around today all ... satisfied. I get happy-giggles randomly.

JaneQ

*MrClean is a friend of ours. Married with kids. For years he and I have been not quite FWB (which he thinks his wife would not be ok with) - but tons of sexy flirting / light petting (which his wife is - I asked!)

That is definitely an awesome night. Lucky girl !!! :)

This past weekend Redpepper's hubby had his birthday party. We all pitched in throughout the night to make sure our friends and family were looked after and it truned out great!
Derby spent the night with Redpepper in her room and I "fell asleep" with my earbuds in and netbook resting on my lap in bed. The next morning I made and delivered the ladies some coffee to start thier day.

Another successful evening for tribe a I think :)

Thank you for the coffee and letting me stay in your space :D

Wife finally

Finally hooked up with the girl she's been chasing for months.

I couldn't be happier for her. Girls hot, good kisser, very much into most of what we're into, incredibly pleasant to be around, and frankly someone I enjoy sharing a conversation with.

No requested for advice as seems to be the trend here, I'm just damned happy the wife finally got her claws into someone worthwhile she's wanted for ages.

what makes it worthwhile to you?

searching through these posts I'm hardpressed to find a happy thread and I would definitely like to know your moments of polyamorous bliss. The lifestyle affirming moment/s that make it all worth the strife and struggle that comes with going against ingrained thoughts and ideals. And go!!!

People don't tend to post when things are going well. I assure you that there are plenty of moments of polyamourous bliss for many of us on the forum.

It is not just some moments of bliss, it is a conteneous blissfully happy and fullfilling life as for as I am considered. i am a pat of a quad relationship.
Yes there r moments of doubt that is when we come here to learn about how to deal with it and learn by going through others experiences

What makes it worth it for me is knowing down to my core, that no matter what life throws at us, I am loved and supported. Runic Wolf and Wendigo are always there for me, always loving me through it. Now we've added in Loveleigh and her family and I want to make sure that she feels the same way.

Lots of happy moments to be found in people's posts from the last couple of months in the blogs section -- mine, Rory's, Mya's, Phy's, Redpepper's, Nyc's -- go check 'em out.

For me, it all comes down to being able to love who I love without having to kick one person out of my heart to make room for another.

It's not what I get out of it, it's what I have the opportunity to put it. One of my men is a serious introvert. It was very painful for me to try to love him in a mono way, because he just doesn't have the capacity to take/receive all that I have to give. The other one can take most of it, but in a mono way, I wasn't getting enough back to live on (so it's a little bit about what I get ~ can't live on nothing coming in, whether it's money or sex or food).

I saw redpepper once say 'I'm a relationship geek' and I think I am too.

We've been having the time of our lives so far. Lots of happy happy joy joy here. It's 90% awesome and happy and 10% grrrr ;)

We're a new relationship though. I don't know if we will make it past say one or two years because our life paths may separate. But I'd take a year of yumminess in a poly relationship even if I knew it would have to end and then we'd have to love from a distance.

I'm someone who desperately needs the feeling of having possibilities, of going down new paths and exploring things. Poly offers the possibility of multiple partners in an ethical way, which is very important to me. I have the possibility of all these new options, structures, growth, learning. If I don't have the options of exploring, doing new things, I get very psychically trapped which is very bad for me and for people around me.

I have not yet managed to have multiple loving relationships at once so I don't consider myself as 'doing' poly yet but rather I have the potential to do so.

Poly as opening up new possibilties, even if I never actually have a poly relationship, is worthwhile for me. it helps keep that trapped feeling at bay.

Back