The "How Are You Doing" Thread (redux)

Could you all please send good vibes, prayers and good thoughts towards Marksbabygirl`s husband, herself, and their family. For those that don`t know her, she is a member of this site. ( conincidently, started the redux of this thread.)

MBG`s husband became very ill on January 19th. At first they thought it was just a stomach-flu bug. As he has other major health problems, it soon became apparent that he needed to see a doctor.
Short version : An initial diagnosis of pancreatitis, had them believing he was very sick, but with the right treatment, he would get better.
He got worse, much worse. At one point after switching hospitals, they were told to prepare for the worse. A doctor recommended a surgery that might improve his odds, so MBG`s husband, went into surgery, and much to the relief of family and friends, survived it. He is now making small steps in the right direction.

I talked to MBG this morning, and she would really appreciate any well-wishes. There is a long recovery process as he improves. MBG will need all the care and support she can get.
If you don`t know about this already, please send prayers. Even if you don`t believe in the power of prayer for yourself, this is for someone else who does.

Thanks all.

Best wishes for your health dh of MBG.

I haven't prayed since my early teens, but if you wish for it, I will send a prayer to you in my own way. Get well and do it as soon as possible, there are loved ones waiting for you.

Best wishes for your health dh of MBG.

I haven't prayed since my early teens, but if you wish for it, I will send a prayer to you in my own way. Get well and do it as soon as possible, there are loved ones waiting for you.

Thanks Phy, I know it will be greatly appreciated. :)

I commented on how I was doing in this post in my blog thread. Other then that, managing.. nice to have found this poly forum, was missing having a forum to talk to fellow poly people :)

Could you all please send good vibes, prayers and good thoughts towards Marksbabygirl`s husband, herself, and their family.

SG, thanks for sharing this.

MGB, I'm so sorry to hear of Mark's current health struggles. Sending hugs and vibes for a full and speedy recovery!

As for me, I'm enjoying all of the different shades of ouch I am turning after spending yesterday at the mercy of Wendigo and Runic Wolf. ;)

As for me, I'm enjoying all of the different shades of ouch I am turning after spending yesterday at the mercy of Wendigo and Runic Wolf. ;)

You're welcome. I do try. ;)

As for myself, I'm putting about the internet trying to plumb my creative side for the right kind of ideas. I've got Zombieland in the background, atm, and coming up blank on what I "need" to work on. That's the problem with a muse. sometimes she cooperates. Sometimes she decides you need to do something against the grain.

Ive just been made redundant, FFS!

The good bit is, I'll get a package, enough to last a year without working, and Ive got some prospects lined up for another permanent job, and some contracting possibilities.

About ready to dash my cell phone off the balcony and do without a phone! POS! Can NOT wait four more months for upgrade time! No money to buy another either. I WILL make it through, I will make it, I will make it!

No work tomorrow (today) as it's super slow so they're forcing us to take a day off (vacation or lay off, take your pick). Not happy about this as I don't have the money in my vacation accrual to make the day a vacation day and can't afford to have it other wise. Fortunately, for my mental state, the decision was taken out of my hands and they voluntold us that we weren't working *sigh*.

Health--allergies suck. Hoping the day off will help alleviate some of it.

Kids--exam time so stressed.

Relationships--awesome! Breathes is his usual wonderful self. Possibility.....well, he's Possibility, 'nuff said.

Hard few weeks. Have been watching a very close family member die and then have been getting together with the rest of my family to organise the funeral. :(

All went very well. Funeral was a fitting tribute to a truly amazing human being.

Today I have done something that I know he would have approved and have entered an off road running race.

Tonight I will spend the evening eating and drinking with a group of people who loved and cherished him almost as much as I did. The funeral reminded me just how many people there are who I think of as family and who consider themselves also to be my family. So it seems right to spend tonight with several of those people having fun.

Going to try and convince my SO to join me if he has time. :)

Hugs to you all.

IP

Hard few weeks. Have been watching a very close family member die and then have been getting together with the rest of my family to organise the funeral. :(

All went very well. Funeral was a fitting tribute to a truly amazing human being.

Today I have done something that I know he would have approved and have entered an off road running race.

Tonight I will spend the evening eating and drinking with a group of people who loved and cherished him almost as much as I did. The funeral reminded me just how many people there are who I think of as family and who consider themselves also to be my family. So it seems right to spend tonight with several of those people having fun.

Hugs to you all.

IP

*hugs* I'm sorry for you loss. Runic Wolf and I understand a little too well what it's like to lose an amazing human being. Enjoy the time with those you are blessed to call family.

Hugs to you all.

IP

I'm sorry for your loss. We've had to deal with a funeral every year for the past 4 years with another one on the way (my uncle is in hospice). I understand all to well how that feels. Enjoy your family, by blood, choice, or heart, and give yourself some time to heal.

Runic Wolf's uncle passed away this afternoon. We're still waiting to hear when the services will be. I'm so fucking tired of death. His uncle was a pretty fun guy, if a little bit touched in the head. He will be missed. I wish that there was more that I could do to support his family though this. I just want to wrap his cousin in my arms and let her cry. She was headed home from work to put on a brave face for her father and Runic Wolf is doing the same for his mother. . . . they are always so strong for everyone else. I hope they know that I can be the rock for them.

Tired of up and down weather, plus massive dust at work, causing sinus issues!

A new semester has begun and I have my first night of classes this evening. Somehow, I got the courses and schedule I wanted. Looking forward to it, but still can't seem to drum up the same kind of enthusiasm for school I used to have.

The last 18 months since my husband and I separated has been rougher and more emotionally tumultuous than I could have imagined. One would think that without children or real property, it would have been easy, but that has not been the case. Creditors call me every damn day, I live on my student loans, and the divorce hasn't progressed at all. I look in the mirror and can't believe how much my face is drooping downward around my mouth - it looks like I've had the ability to smile surgically removed.

So, last night I made a list of four "touchstones" I will strive for in my life, with the goal of "maximizing my happiness."

Sigh... okay. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I'm going to put my big girl panties on and make it a good one.

My son has a hopefully awesome semester coming up! ALL courses he absolutely LOVES! I'm hoping this will motivate him to do his best and bring home acceptable grades without the drudgery of constantly nagging and getting phone calls from teachers because they're worried about him or want to let me know that his grades are sub par and that he needs to pull an A on the exam to even scrape a passing grade :(.

Onward and upward!

I haven't seen or talked to MadScientist in three weeks and I'm not sure how I feel about.
I seem to keep forgetting that Madscientist fills an intellectual need for me. Gamerboy is not the debating, theoretical conversation type, never has been, but I still get annoyed at him for it when we haven't hung out with Madscientist in a while. It's not fair and I really try to not it but still.

I really thought if I stayed somewhere for a longer period of time that I would make a friend or two but it sure doesn't look that way. After four years and four failed attempts at joining different social situations, I am exactly where I started.
I was/am going through a depressive period, have been since the beginning of December and all it really did was to clarify that I had no one to call to talk to or hang out with.
Madscientist has never been an option for that kind of friend. He hung out with me because he was friends with Gamerboy. He said that we were friends but what kind of friendship is it when you only seem them when it's convienent for them and never outside of your house? Somedays, all of this bothers me, other days, I decide I'll worry about it after I graduate in four years.

Last edited:
Cribbage

Currently, I am getting my butt handed to me by a ten-year-old in cribbage. The little turkey is cutthroat! Argh! :)

Felix

Back