A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand

Monster

Hey there, hmmm where to start. I was introduced to this site through Red ( my girlfriend ) as she, myself and Lobster ( her husband ) deal with all of our issuse coming into a poly lifestyle. Poly wasnt where I thought I'd ever really find myself looking back, dont get me wrong, I'm not opposed to it at all. Its brought me so much happiness these last months but I guess growing up in a normal Christian household I just thought I'd marry someone and that would be then end. Life however has different plans for us all. I did get married, it wasnt the easy choice I always thought it would be, monogony didnt really fit and after 9 plus years and through choices I made my marrige has come to an end.

So I guess that brings me to how I ended up here. Almost 3 years ago I was introduced to Red through a mutual friend that thought we'd have alot in common. We started talking but didnt really hit it off and through a series of job realted events we stoped talking and life, as it has a way of doing moved on. A few months ago through Red and Lobster's oldest she and I were reconnected. From the begining I felt there was something there that wasnt there the last time. I was introduced to Lobster and was brought in as a possible third strictly in the bedroom. As time progressed so did Red and I's relationship, beyond what either of us I think really planned on. Never really knowing of poly I was kinda at a loss as to where we went from there. She being married and I having the feelings I did for her. She explaind that she grew up in a poly family and that it could be that way for the three of us through mutual trust, LOTS of communication, open mindness, and above all Love.

Without hesitation I agreed, feeling inside that this was the thing in my life that fit. That THIS was right. Its been alot of work and not all of it fun or easy. Lobster still has his reservations and we all work at a two step forward one step back pace through that seems to work well for us. He and I are becoming good freinds and one of the things I enjoy the most out of my day ( as we are all seperated currnetly ) is when we can all get on together and talk.

So here I sit tonight waiting, waiting for them both to be online so we can do whats become normal and the thing that brings me the most joy in my day till we're all get together finally.

I guess all thats left for me is to say, Hello and thank you all for being a part of this place for the advice, help and friendship.

Welcome aboard.

Back