3 becomming one

Laylah

hi everyone... hope you all are doing well.
and I hope everyone here finds what they seek. I would like to address (if it hadnt been already) The concept of 3.
Some believe that 3 is a very powerful number... and the diratives of 3. Personally we have yet to find the right fit so to speak hence why im here.
Alot of pagan beleifs center on there being more than one wife or husband in the household. And if done correctly.... a kind of peace and tranquility can abide. Hence the power of 3. harmony.. oh thats not to say there isnt issues that need to be addressed. But all in all I honestly believe that 3 is the way to go. I often am asked to show the old ways of living... herbalism.. the connection to the world so to speak. And I do. For those that come and are willing to learn it and be open to such things. And I do beleive that everything happens in 3's. Being in alabama though.. is alittle bit difficult for matters such as this.
3 is the cone of power as someone once told me.. and I didnt think much on it at the time. I was just doing what I always did live and such. Until I noticed things in nature often happen in 3's or dirivitaves (sp?)
its very possible for the person entering into the family to bring a diffrent perspective on things.. which is good. And to want to be a part of the family life. To tell the truth.. I hope everyone here gets to experience such a gift. To enter into a family thats commited to eachother.. in this day and time I feel is whats needed to help one another. and to live life to its fullest.. even with the most mundane things... theres magick in it all. All one has to do is open up and take in what Creator has given. But also when in the "cone of 3" so to speak... respect and honor is given.

So I suppose what im saying.. is has anyone else thought on the poly lifestyle(I do so wish I could think of a better term lol) As a very highly spiritual cone of 3.

LOL

roundabout post there :D but yes - I follow pagan beliefs and feel my partner I and our currently absent friend are anam cara - the way I explained it to them was that our soul had been split into three rather than two...

I also follow the beliefs surrounding the power of three, but hesitate in bringing that into relationship dynamics...

Although... hmmm i have three kids, when my partner and i move in together there will be 6 of us - 3 male 3 female...

right now we are entering yr 3 of our battle to be together (and likely the final year of the battle)

if we were to bring our friend into our union - it would be 3 adults, 4 children, making 7 - another powerful number...

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed :D

having said all that - I do try not to bring my beliefs into my relationships, although they will always be a factor, being a part of me... my (spiritual) beliefs do not decide my actions - I allow decisions to be made to the best advantage of everyone involved, then smile and be happy if they match up with my beliefs.

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed

Check your math!

9 is 3 squared (3 x 3 = 9)

27 is 3 cubed (3 x 3 x 3 = 27)

My husband and i got married on March 3, 2003.

Having said all that, I think people are far too pre-occupied with triads, when it comes to polyamory.

Last edited:
i can agree and you phrased it very well. my triangle is such a gift. a few kinks but well worth the experience and the love involved w/ eachothers children is very much worth it.

I think you are absolutely correct.

The number 3 has always had special significance in nature so I don't find it unnatural that people are frequently drawn in that direction. Such is the power of the number and the power of nature.

It's also been our experience that (maybe because of this?) it also seems to confer many 'practical' advantages. We've learned through experience - experiencing a variety of different number combinations - that 3 really does seem to be optimum for all involved. More than that starts to get unbalanced and more difficult to flow naturally.

Hope you find the missing side to experience.

GS

Check your math!

9 is 3 squared (3 x 3 = 9)

27 is 3 cubed (3 x 3 x 3 = 27)

My husband and i got married on March 3, 2003.

Having said all that, I think people are far too pre-occupied with triads, when it comes to polyamory.

LOL - wow my maths is out... however i was looking at it from another perspective and used the wrong terminology as shorthand...

the perspective i was using... was three groups of three... in the sense i was thinking... primary group of three focusing their energy being 'channelled' by a secondary group of three in which each individual is 'channeling' the primary group energy of three (the energy response would = 9), with a third group of three 'channeling' through that group (energy response = 27 or 3 cubed)

i don't particularly like the words used here to describe the concepts but they work.

having said that - i don't have an interest in such ritualistic things anymore and much prefer my solitary path...

LOL

roundabout post there :D but yes - I follow pagan beliefs and feel my partner I and our currently absent friend are anam cara - the way I explained it to them was that our soul had been split into three rather than two...

I also follow the beliefs surrounding the power of three, but hesitate in bringing that into relationship dynamics...

Although... hmmm i have three kids, when my partner and i move in together there will be 6 of us - 3 male 3 female...

right now we are entering yr 3 of our battle to be together (and likely the final year of the battle)

if we were to bring our friend into our union - it would be 3 adults, 4 children, making 7 - another powerful number...

although we may possibly add to the children... up to a possible total of 9 (6 children) which would be ultra powerful being 3 cubed :D

having said all that - I do try not to bring my beliefs into my relationships, although they will always be a factor, being a part of me... my (spiritual) beliefs do not decide my actions - I allow decisions to be made to the best advantage of everyone involved, then smile and be happy if they match up with my beliefs.

well im not saying its a MUST for a person to believe the way I do... and its good in my opinion to have diffrent ways of looking at things such as that. Because sometimes when your in the middle of something... its good to see how someone else views the situation. I dunno 3 just always was a nice fit for us. Some folks want more... but more than that... to me becomes well difficult... because ive heard of folks feeling left out.. jealous and the whole bit. But Hey if people can manage more than 3 coolness. And I think kids in such a relationship is a wonderful thing.. they learn how to learn to love other people as they do themselves. Not to say there wont be squabbles,. thats kids for ya... but in the end... they start to view the other children as just a part of the gang so to speak.

lots of native american cultures had many spouses. To me the way that was done had not only spiritual connections but also practical ones as well. Not just native american cultures... but cultures all over the world. I know the original post was kind of strung out... but i had a case of insomnia.. and was writing it at around 2 am lol. I do so hope that it didnt sound TO screwy lol.

anyhoo.. its so nice to meet all of you.

LOL - wow my maths is out... however i was looking at it from another perspective and used the wrong terminology as shorthand...

the perspective i was using... was three groups of three... in the sense i was thinking... primary group of three focusing their energy being 'channelled' by a secondary group of three in which each individual is 'channeling' the primary group energy of three (the energy response would = 9), with a third group of three 'channeling' through that group (energy response = 27 or 3 cubed)

i don't particularly like the words used here to describe the concepts but they work.

having said that - i don't have an interest in such ritualistic things anymore and much prefer my solitary path...

reminds me of what my granny used to say.... the more im around people the more i like my dogs lol.

to me.. i dont know how everybody else views it.. but to me... the most mundane things are magick.. such as for instance... preparing a dinner for your family. you get in there... and pick out what you want to make... and its done with love( hunger to lol but love mostly) and you use your time and energy to make it as good as possible. And when everybody helps it makes it so much better.... I hope this makes sense.. I suppose I am saying just good old fashioned down to earth family living is the most powerful magick there is.. no ritual involved... nothing like that. just keep it simple which works for me. And whether a family is poly or not... that dont matter... it all works the same. If the family unit is as it should be that is.:D

reminds me of what my granny used to say.... the more im around people the more i like my dogs lol.

to me.. i dont know how everybody else views it.. but to me... the most mundane things are magick.. such as for instance... preparing a dinner for your family. you get in there... and pick out what you want to make... and its done with love( hunger to lol but love mostly) and you use your time and energy to make it as good as possible. And when everybody helps it makes it so much better.... I hope this makes sense.. I suppose I am saying just good old fashioned down to earth family living is the most powerful magick there is.. no ritual involved... nothing like that. just keep it simple which works for me. And whether a family is poly or not... that dont matter... it all works the same. If the family unit is as it should be that is.:D

This is precisely what I have found... for myself...

Positive energy is the bomb when it comes to clearing spaces and healing hearts... a happy family and home provides so much of that I find rituals to be unecessary and somewhat fake... although they do have their uses...

This is precisely what I have found... for myself...

Positive energy is the bomb when it comes to clearing spaces and healing hearts... a happy family and home provides so much of that I find rituals to be unecessary and somewhat fake... although they do have their uses...

well in truth... alot of the rituals that some faiths do( and im not knocking anyone's faith) For some is somewhat fake... but like you said they do have their uses. To each their own i suppose. I know I have seen some folks go waaaaaay beyond whats needed i think.. but your correct.. if thats how they roll.. cool lol.

I honestly think.. that the 3 setup works well... in harmony if done correctly. What gets me though is alot of folks..just want the physical without understanding theres SOO much more to it than that. Sure thats nice.. but whatcha gonna do when your 90 years old... and have nothing in common with the person/people your with. Thats why to me.. its very important to understand where everyone's comming from.. to avoid problems in the future. But thats just me.
However, those who understand the essence of having 3 in their family... understands that it must be done with utmost care... because if its off to much.. then I must say the energy is all wrong and it just wont work. But again... that comes with knowing and everyone understanding where everyone stands on the matter.

We "went poly" :) on 10-10-10. Three 10's!

hmm i got to thinking about the seasons... how many cultures celebrate the changing of the seasons and all. whats some of your "rites" so to speak. The way we do is each spring we plant something..... pick a nice spot and plant a flower or something like that... also I do spring cleaning We also go to alot of PowWows. And I was just wondering.. what you guys do to make your bond stronger.. and if the cone of 3 so to speak changes with the seasons. Meaning... in winter for instance... a lull in energies exchanged... a rest period if you will.... then in the spring... more energy comes around. I know for each person they have their season. :)

hi everyone... hope you all are doing well.
and I hope everyone here finds what they seek. I would like to address (if it hadnt been already) The concept of 3.
Some believe that 3 is a very powerful number... and the diratives of 3. Personally we have yet to find the right fit so to speak hence why im here.
Alot of pagan beleifs center on there being more than one wife or husband in the household. And if done correctly.... a kind of peace and tranquility can abide. Hence the power of 3. harmony.. oh thats not to say there isnt issues that need to be addressed. But all in all I honestly believe that 3 is the way to go. I often am asked to show the old ways of living... herbalism.. the connection to the world so to speak. And I do. For those that come and are willing to learn it and be open to such things. And I do beleive that everything happens in 3's. Being in alabama though.. is alittle bit difficult for matters such as this.
3 is the cone of power as someone once told me.. and I didnt think much on it at the time. I was just doing what I always did live and such. Until I noticed things in nature often happen in 3's or dirivitaves (sp?)
its very possible for the person entering into the family to bring a diffrent perspective on things.. which is good. And to want to be a part of the family life. To tell the truth.. I hope everyone here gets to experience such a gift. To enter into a family thats commited to eachother.. in this day and time I feel is whats needed to help one another. and to live life to its fullest.. even with the most mundane things... theres magick in it all. All one has to do is open up and take in what Creator has given. But also when in the "cone of 3" so to speak... respect and honor is given.

So I suppose what im saying.. is has anyone else thought on the poly lifestyle(I do so wish I could think of a better term lol) As a very highly spiritual cone of 3.
MM i am also in alabama,perhaps we could make aquaintance sometime
Blessed Be

Back