Hello I'm Vodkafan

vodkafan

Hi all,

A poly friend invited me over here. My wife and I are 8 weeks into a poly relationship. She fell in love with another guy, she didn't plan it it just happened. We went through a hard time where she left but came back. She was literally split between us she loves us both, so in desperation I suggested a plan where she lived with me for 4 days and him for 3 days per week.
I did this to try to save our marriage, we knew nothing at all about polyamory, we were not looking for a lifestyle or anything.
The first month was hard, very hard.
But it is now working and things are getting better.
I went looking for advice on another relationship forum and got a lot of abuse and insults, although one or two people were sympathetic.
I look forward to talking to you all on here.

wow, it sounds like you really roll with the waves, so to speak.

Welcome to this forum!

I guess I do. I am a "bounce back" kind of person. Plus all the alternatives were too horrible to think about.

VF,

It is nice to see you here. I know you will find it a much friendlier place then were we were.

Hugs,

LYBL

Hugs back at ya LMBL. Yes I am sure this place will be better. I have looked on a couple of threads and see the exact same issues my wife and I have been dealing with! :)

We are not togather, we were on another forum. Vodkafan, I felt badly,while about 2 people were supportive of him. He was new to the situation, and he was getting bashed about. When he finally got private messages, I sent him one sending him here, so the haters wouldn't follow.

I am in a relationships with husband and my BF, we all live in the US.

Welcome VFAN! Hopefully you aren't needing too much vodka to get through some of this heartache! You seem to be very open to trying different methodologies to work through issues and problems, and your marriage will be stronger for it. Hope your wife is working as hard. Feel bad that you were bashed and insulted on another forum. You will find sympathetic ears and advice on both sides of the fence. Good job LMBL on the suggestion! :)

Thanks morning glory. Yes my wife is trying very hard with both of us. I have only recently seen how special she is and how big her love is.

Back