Dating advice wanted

Are you prompting me to say 'kiss my ass'? :D

No, man...I don't feel entitled in the least. Hopeful, though. Maybe I'm sounding a little too detailed with my posts - perhaps a bit too 'step by step', making it sound needy or something? - but keep in mind that I'm not only here because I'm new to the poly idea...but I'm once again new to dating in general. It's been a couple of decades since I've been out there, and I haven't had to concern myself with the behaviors of single (or not) women in quite some time. Maybe my many questions and comments on the subject have been translated as 'entitled' somehow. Or not. Certainly don't feel that. But it did seem like the fact that you mentioned entitlement at all and its gross nature that it was indirectly pointed at me. If not, as you say, then all is groovy.

Shake on it? :cool:

Sure; but you spelled grooovy wrong. It has 3 o's.

Actually, you seem like one of the less "entitled" sounding people I've observed. And as I clarified, once again, I don't know you, and if what I said applies to you, you would know that better than anyone else.

Damn. And I consider myself an excellent speller. Noted.

In other news...S got back to me yesterday. She did some thinking over the weekend, and initially decided she wasn't comfortable talking to me anymore.

However, I asked her about it, we chatted for few, and it turns out that she simply has to distance herself a bit because she's granting an ex a second attempt, and wants to give it an honest shot. She wants to keep in touch, though.

So, awesome. At least I wasn't completely cut off, she enjoys my company (over text, etc., anyway), and we'll hold onto that connection. Could have been worse. A small win for this guy.

Back