Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 07-25-2020, 02:03 AM
Spaminator

That usually means they aren't that interested, they treat people like crap, or they are stuck in the hospital with no phone for a few days, which is what happened to me. Poor Pet thought I either ghosted on her or died lol.
Old 07-25-2020, 06:43 AM

Oh Vin, poor Pet! But I also bet you were concerned about not being able to contact her! Captain didn't open with, "I'm in/I've been in hospital," so I doubt that was his reason.

He'd made a lot of prior noises about wanting to establish something meaningful and ongoing, and so much else of the conversation was going right, but I guess he simply had a different level of value on keeping an open line of communication.

Karen, I agree with you that there is no excuse for, "too busy to say hello" - and to just vanish, there is something deeper at play, which could be as simple as the wife having collie wobbles, but a quick text saying, "I need a few days without texts," shouldn't be unmanageable.

But today I had a really good day! I started the day with a chat with Puck, then I had a coffee 'date' in the mid-late morning, which was an enjoyable conversation but I have absolutely zero interest in the chap, sexually. Then I did a little shopping in that town before heading to work for a couple of hours to tidy up my desk and get some stuff planned. Then I got home, spoke with Puck again and then just chilled in my room playing a stupid phone game for a while. Soon, I'll cook some dinner and drink a little wine. Yay Saturday.

Guest stars: Mike, Lance, Hermit, Magus, Shakespeare, Siege, Tech, Chalk and Cheese.
Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

My week was insanely busy this past week with work, but I'm finally kinda back on top of my workload. I probably won't feel like that tomorrow and I should have spent today in the office working, but really needed a day to myself - or more to the point, a day to spend with people I wanted to spend it with. So I got to talk to Puck this morning, twice, which was brilliant. And then I had a couple of hours this afternoon at the pub with a new friend just talking about all sorts (including polyamory). He's a young friend, so both my ethics and my employment ethics quite simply prevent me from being more than friends with him, but I enjoy the conversation. Mike also popped up on WhatsApp for a few messages, so all in all, I'm in my happy place. I haven't been able to talk with Adam yet tonight, he's been at work all day and we don't tend to message much on work days. I have just remembered he has a Skype thing tonight to the UK so I probably won't actually get to talk with him until tomorrow But I also just got to talk with Lance.

Yep, it's been a good day.

Guest stars: Mike, Lance, Hermit, Magus, Shakespeare, Siege, Tech, Chalk and Cheese.