ladystuff

This might be in the wrong section and also might sound silly but I have a womanly women loving women issue.

I have come across several vaginas that I don't like the smell of. One of which I tasted. It tasted fine, but the smell was not attractive to me.

I'm getting worried. I know that sounds silly, but I really am. What if they all smell like that? What if I can't eat out a vagina of a meat eater anymore? Why does mine smell different? Is it really that its because I'm vegetarian? Is it an age thing? Is it possible I don't like them? Nah, that's not it! Lastly, why has this come up?! I don't remember the vaginas of my past being of a smell I don't care for.

Confused and a bit worried.

I have to say that I, too, love the Diva. I'd never heard of it before my current girlfriend, but . . . hooray and huzzah!

When you only get so much time together, it's nice to be able to have the option to be intimate without anyone being bothered by it.

And, since I had my typically male emotional and mental aversion to menstruation cauterized by some friends when I was in college, I can feel completely comfortable bringing my penis into this thread. :D

Nah, that's not it! Lastly, why has this come up?! I don't remember the vaginas of my past being of a smell I don't care for.

Confused and a bit worried.

Maybe the inside of your nose smells funny:p

BwaaahhhaaHAhhaahhhahaahhahha....I crack myself up

Okay, its not for the faint of heart. It does involve being intimately involved with your menstrual blood. Its a bit of a challenge if you are going out and have to use a public bathroom. Its a bit of a challenge during heavy flow times as it needs emptying often. However, you can have sex with it in! This was big for me (ahum... And others ;)).

Gee, I must have the world's smallest vagina... I have the "non-mom" Diva cup, and it actually sticks out a little bit, even when it's inserted all the way. There is *no way* I could have sex with it in...

As for emptying it in public, I always secretly hope to get "caught" (me, an exhibitionist?? you lie!) so that I can brag about how awesome it is and try to get everyone to switch. If nothing else, the sheer cost savings should be enough for anyone... it costs like 1 year supply of disposables and you NEVER have to replace it (well, I've never had ro replace MINE)

I also used to have the Keeper, i.e. the natural gum tree rubber one you spoke of, and it was great too, but I didn't like how you couldn't sterilize it (rubber gets sticky if you heat it up too hot).. that's what I like best about the silicone Diva Cup...

I have come across several vaginas that I don't like the smell of. One of which I tasted. It tasted fine, but the smell was not attractive to me.

I haven't smelled a lot of other vaginas, but I really like the smell of my own... but it tastes sorta bitter, so adunno what's up with that... never had any complaints from other people going down there, but I'm not sure anyone would say anything if there was a problem...

About a million years ago my then wife and I made handmade pads on my sewing machine.

I remember doing that at the campus Womyn's Centre, it was so much fun! We used old pyjamas, the flannel is really absorbant and natural fibre... We made ours with a little pocket into which you could insert various absorbancies of liners, so you didn't have to double them up. We made them with button-on wings. I still have them too!

And I'd use a menstrual cup if I bled enough for it to make a difference, which I don't, due to my IUD.

I've had to go on the pill continuously because I had really heavy painful periods. On my heavy days, I would be emptying the Diva cup about every 2 hours. The thing holds 1 oz, and it would be overflowing. The literature I found said that a normal period is 2-3 oz over the entire cycle, and I was losing about 3 times that PER DAY on my heavy days, which lasted about 4 days. So roughly 10x the average loss over the entire cycle... yikes!

After some initial spotting for the first few months, I've been period-free for nearly 3 years. My mean doctor made me take a couple breaks, which led to both cramping and intermittent spotting over the next couple months. One female doctor wrote an article saying she hadn't had a period since the 70's, and has seen no adverse side-effects in any of her patients. Furthermore, the average woman now has about 20x the number of periods than our ancestors did, because they used to be either pregnant or nursing all the time, plus we start younger and finish older. Finally, I read that the "period" you get when you're on the pill is more of a withdrawal effect from the hormones than a true period... so *shrug* that's my justification, aside from not being in pain all the time and spending have the day in the bathroom...

firstly, i wish more men knew and understood about menstrual cycles. i wish more women were open to sharing and talking about it with their friends/lovers/children. imagine a world where so many folks wouldnt have to hide it.
i live with many women and they are very open and talkative about their cycles and i appreciate it immensely. ive learned so much.

have any of yall used yer blood for helping things grow? its amazing. i have some seedlings starting in the window in my kitchen and some have blood that a roomy donated. it is the essential fluid/food of the firsts of life for humans and helps seedlings just the same. ive had plants that wouldnt grow and then suddenly, when partners have shared from their diva cups, sprouts over night. its amazing.
farmers use blood meal for a reason. its nutritious and bountiful. and when we use menstrual blood instead of blood harvested from non-consensual animals, its a kinder too.

but im just a boy. do what you'd like with yer blood!

firstly, i wish more men knew and understood about menstrual cycles. i wish more women were open to sharing and talking about it with their friends/lovers/children. imagine a world where so many folks wouldnt have to hide it.
i live with many women and they are very open and talkative about their cycles and i appreciate it immensely. ive learned so much.

have any of yall used yer blood for helping things grow? its amazing. i have some seedlings starting in the window in my kitchen and some have blood that a roomy donated. it is the essential fluid/food of the firsts of life for humans and helps seedlings just the same. ive had plants that wouldnt grow and then suddenly, when partners have shared from their diva cups, sprouts over night. its amazing.
farmers use blood meal for a reason. its nutritious and bountiful. and when we use menstrual blood instead of blood harvested from non-consensual animals, its a kinder too.

but im just a boy. do what you'd like with yer blood!

Hmmmm - I wonder what THOSE seedlings are ! :) Must be geraniums - ya think ?

I've not tried the Diva, but I do use cloth pads. Over time, my monthly visit has become shorter and lighter... I think due the the lack of chemicals in disposable products. of couurse, shorter and lighter means more play time without the mess... not that the mess ever slows us down!

Hmmmm - I wonder what THOSE seedlings are ! :) Must be geraniums - ya think ?

tomatos actually. and about 12 sprouts which were watered with blood have all sprouted and they are doing well.

anyone know about menstrual blood being used as bio-dynamic preparations?

Yeah, I'm gonna hop on this I LOVE THE DIVA party train here.

For me, the best part about it is that I am NOT a Moon Goddess type (and I hope you all know I say that with tongue-in-cheek love). I'm not intimately in tune with my periods, and they're more of an obnoxious pest than a beautiful feminine gift.

And THAT is why I LOVE my Diva!

See, no matter how in tune with my body I try to be, I can't pinpoint the start of my period down to a time. I can know "within a few days" but not "Thursday, 8pm." And that's problematic for me, because odds are that Thursday at 8pm will consist of me busting ass in the kitchen for an 8-12+ hour shift. At any given moment, I am sometimes 8-12+ hours away from a potty break, let alone time to check my panties for blood. So, during period week, I pop my Diva in before I go to work or school. It's medical grade silicone, so there's no need to worry about infections like tampons, and I don't worry about my pad leaking or being bulky and visible.

But you know...I may not be the Moon Goddess type, but I am quite intrigued by the idea of using blood to fertilize plants. It may be a pain in my ass (or it's next door neighbor) but at least it can be useful! Would someone with short and light flows be able to do something like that? At the risk of sounding squicky...how much blood do you need?

My period sucks. Be thankful you're not me.

I use a cosmetic sea-sponge in lieu of tampons.

PS - My last cycle was 23 days. It's usually 25.

This explains sooo much... :eek:

kidding! kidding, I promise! :p That actually really does suck. I can't imagine. Ugh.

You gals all talking about your diva cups and tomatoes and stuff are giving me a little bit of period envy. Not enough though. Love being a guy. Peeing standing up rocks.

Oh how I love to go pantiless with a skirt on in the summer time. I got to today! Summers coming! Yay!

OoOoOoo I did that yesterday, took out the garbage in a short skirt, comando... It was exhilarating, thinking that one good wind would put me on display for the entire apartment complex :p Not that I'm an exhibitionist LoL ;)

So glad I'm not the only one going commando in skirts!

Seriously, have you tried Ibuprofen? It's not "natural", but does not require a prescription either. You can take up to 1200 milligrams or even more as long as you don't drink any alcohol during that time.

If your cramps are that bad, get yourself checked for PCOS and/or endometriosis. I had/have them and I had one operation in 2003 where they took out one ovary and both fallopian tubes (at my request). Then I went on Depo-Provera for 4 years to keep the endo from growing back, but it killed my sex drive so I stopped. I am having my uterus taken out at the end of this year.

I realize none of these are "natural" but the way my cramps were/are, I don't care about "natural". I just want relief. I got some, but I still need more.

I've tried Ibuprofen and I usually end up maxing out some months before it even dents the pain. I can't afford surgery for anything right now. Everyone always tells me "oh it'll get better when you have kids" except I refuse to have kids. I hate this. I can't use tampons or Diva Cups because my flow is so flippin heavy. sorry I'm a bit whiny this week

Back