Interested

Indohgirl

I am twenty four married with two kids and me and my husband have been talking about an open marriage a lot lately. More for me than him. We're just looking into it a little getting a feel for what we need and want out of it.

Welcome to the forums.

There are many forms of Open Marriage, but most of them fall into two broad groups - Swinging, where sex is the primary focus, and polyamory, where loving relationships are the primary focus.

Which is not to say that there's no sex in polyamory, or that swingers can't fall in love - it's just what the main driving force it.

Have you and your partner discussed which sort of direction you want to go?

Well I am in a loving supportive marriage but I need a little more sex so I would say I am leaning on the side of swingers, even tough he doesn't want any other partners.

There are a few people who swing around here, but the focus of this forum is polyamory (obviously :) ). Swingersboard.com is a good forum about swinging if you're interested in reading about the internal workings of that side of open, as well. Not to say you won't learn a ton from getting to know the wonderful people here, but you probably won't learn as much about sex-driven relationships.

In general, though, the concepts are similar. In both, you have to figure out what boundaries you and/or your partner have, decide what sort of situation you want to find (closed group where you're with the same people for an extended time or more open where it is a one time thing or just a few times with the same person/people or something else), what kind of people you're interested in (male, female, trans, coupled, single/solo, straight, bi, gay, etc), and make sure you know how to communicate these things to others.

And, of course, welcome to the board! ;)

Hello Indohgirl,
Welcome to our forum.

It is wonderful to hear that your husband has been so supportive so far. Opening a relationship can be such a challenging thing to think about, especially if he's not interesting in having other partners. Of course, he could surprise himself someday and become interested in someone.

Anyway, I'm glad you could join us.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back