keeping loves seperate

I think it's best to evaluate each different relationship and meta relaunching separately. In my network, Real and Lady and I are close. We hang out together on weekends, have family time, celebrate holidays and birthdays, vacations. Yet as much as lady and I have explored a deeper relationship between the two of us, nothing there romantically. We naturally developed a friend/family tie that we both value. We hangout alone together occasionally.
Outside that both Lady and I have other long term partners of 2-3 years who have very little to no contact with the others. Fox and I see each other once a week. Lady sees Ros 2-3 times a month. Fox has met Real when we happened to be at the same neighborhood bar. They nod at each other. But neither feels the need to be in contact/friends with the other. Likewise, Ros met Real once when they first hooked up but had declined any invitation by lady for further interaction. I know lady would love for the four of us to hang out as friends, but that hasn't happened.
I suppose that is just the nature of each relationship. I'd be sad if I couldn't do kitchen table poly with real as that would limit our mutual enjoyment and sharing of life stuff like kids events and family barbecues and such. But I would never force or insist such interaction on Fox. He's just not into that.

Everybody works differently but I would imagine any really long term relationship means that people will eventually run into each other and have to acknowledge each others existence.

Back