Just getting started

Polynew

Hi all I'm new would love to explore polyamory. Im bisexual 38 year old female not at all interested in BDSM. I am not currently interested in a full time partner as I dedicate the vast majority of my time to my business and children. Would love to find a friend who would be interested in something on the side with honesty, open mindedness, and non-possessiveness. Just not sure where to start, I'm certain I would be a great fit for the right person or couple. I'm not comfortable with the confinement of monogamy and see no cause for limiting the flow of love in my life, but every cause for abandoning fear, jealousy and the concept of ownership. Polyamory seems then just the right fit.

Cool! Sounds like you know what you want, without being attached to any particular outcome. I think you'll do well. :)

Hi all I'm new would love to explore polyamory. Im bisexual 38 year old female not at all interested in BDSM. I am not currently interested in a full time partner as I dedicate the vast majority of my time to my business and children. Would love to find a friend who would be interested in something on the side with honesty, open mindedness, and non-possessiveness. Just not sure where to start, I'm certain I would be a great fit for the right person or couple. I'm not comfortable with the confinement of monogamy and see no cause for limiting the flow of love in my life, but every cause for abandoning fear, jealousy and the concept of ownership. Polyamory seems then just the right fit.

You are one of the rare newbies that find themselves headed down the poly path with forethought. That is a great place to be! So many come here having kind of fallen in due to circumstances - taught that they could love only one and finding out it wasn't true.

Welcome!

Thanks for replying

I like that no labels, no restrictions. Beautiful.

Nice for you to have all that love in your life. I truly believe and have loved more than one person at a time though have refrained from doing so sexually for fear of hurting others. Most, it seems buy the monogamy package and some of my friends have felt betrayed at even the concept being poly. Have lost two friends already to coming out. Maybe they were hoping for something more. One told me I was just afraid of commitment, but that's not it at all. Though I truly don't want to be bound, I am an honest and dedicated friend. To me, love seems liquid, held by each cup in a different way. Also, it seems the more one gives the more they might receive. Would love to hear more about your experience, do your GF and husband spend time together?

Back