Hello!~ ^_^ I'm ColorsWolf, am I weird?~

Heh ... just a small boat ... nothing too fancy ... well except for the wheels and the hot air balloon. You have a good deal more ambition than I, my good sir! :D

I wish you well in all your endeavors.
KDT

Heh ... just a small boat ... nothing too fancy ... well except for the wheels and the hot air balloon. You have a good deal more ambition than I, my good sir! :D

I wish you well in all your endeavors.
KDT

Thanks, I just recently joined the U.S.A. Navy and hopefully I'll find someone on my travels to teach me how to build a boat 100% made out of wood the old-fashioned way with absolutely no "trash" left over, that means nothing wrapped in packaging, all carved straight from a tree itself that was not cut down but fallen.~ ^_^

Well that would be quite the awesome boat, and a truly exemplary achievement. I imagine your dream will become a reality in good time.

Sounds good. Check out our Dating & Friendships subforum if you haven't already, it may aid you in your search.

I just realized I never responded to this post of your's, Kevin.~

I'm sorry, but I do not find that sub-forum very helpful as location is a challenge not an obstacle to me, since I don't plan on staying in one place for too long and I probably won't with my job at least not any time in the near future.~

Love,

ColorsWolf

It's really not a surprise because that subforum purports to cover a whole lot of specific locations worldwide, yet just doesn't get enough activity to connect very many people from similar regions.

And as you said you're soon going to become something of a seafaring nomad or a "man without a location."

If you want I can give you a few dating site links and local poly group links but again that might not help you given the amount of traveling you'll soon be doing.

Perhaps another approach would be something like:

"As for where to meet poly people, if by some chance you are interested in anything alternative like Renaissance fairs, goth culture, sci-fi conventions, indie music, bdsm, or any small fringe group, you will be more likely to meet people who have at least heard of poly and are accepting of it."
-- SpaceHippieGeek, http://polyamoryonline.org/smf/index.php?topic=5412.msg57394#msg57394

If your ship is docked long enough for you to attend a poly event, you could always google "polyamory" with the name of the major city, State, or country you're stationed in. Mostly though, I think you're just going to have to be outgoing, get to know people quickly, and find out soon how they feel about polyamory.

I think your best bet is to follow your instincts and heart. But if you want some of those dating/poly group links, just let me know.

Regards,
Kevin T.

It's really not a surprise because that subforum purports to cover a whole lot of specific locations worldwide, yet just doesn't get enough activity to connect very many people from similar regions.

And as you said you're soon going to become something of a seafaring nomad or a "man without a location."

If you want I can give you a few dating site links and local poly group links but again that might not help you given the amount of traveling you'll soon be doing.

Perhaps another approach would be something like:

If your ship is docked long enough for you to attend a poly event, you could always google "polyamory" with the name of the major city, State, or country you're stationed in. Mostly though, I think you're just going to have to be outgoing, get to know people quickly, and find out soon how they feel about polyamory.

I think your best bet is to follow your instincts and heart. But if you want some of those dating/poly group links, just let me know.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Thank you so much, you are so helpful darling!~ ^_^

I'm all right as far as a dating site goes, I'm on OkCupid.com: same name as here, the link is on my profile page here under "contact" links.~

I recommend it to every one even if your just looking for some thing like friends, pen pals, or even activity buddies, I've met some great people online there!~ ^_^

You're right about the whole outgoing thing, I am much more outgoing than I used to be I try to push my outgoingness even more every chance I get which isn't often lately, maybe I physically meet new people once or twice a month!~ ^_^

I'm just being myself and I'm confident that love will happen one day for me, even if it does not happen for me: I am happy now in this moment, I am content.~ ^_^

Love,

ColorsWolf

Yeah, I often recommend OKCupid, even though I had dubious results with it myself. I know it has helped lots of people; many polycules exist today because of OKCupid! So I guess what I'm saying is it's at least worth a try.

Re:
"I'm just being myself and I'm confident that love will happen one day for me, even if it does not happen for me: I am happy now in this moment, I am content."

I like that philosophy. That's my youngest brother's philosophy at this time: living in the here and now (because the present is the only thing we can act upon).

Good luck in your searches!
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

Back