Poly with swingers

Welcome to the forum. This is not all that uncommon. My wife and I started out swinging...and eventually found that we were more comfortable being poly...We wanted more than just a fuck and forget type relationship. We wanted a FWB type relationship....but we found ourselves falling in love with people....Then we figured out what it was called, ("poly") and we transformed to "poly" from "swingers". ;) It happens. Don't fret. Let them have the relationships they want to have....If you stay fidelious with just them, thats up to you. But love them enough to allow them the freeedom to explore others too. ;)

Swinging...

I am in with another couple right now. They like to swing. I don't so much.

I can imagine the frustration that you might be feeling in your situation!

However, talking about swinging implies some things which may not always be true.

For instance, some "swingers" may as well be called polyamorous because they have built a more emotional connection that one would guess. Sometimes they may refer to their activity as "swinging" because it includes voyeuristic or exhibitionist leanings, but aren't void of a deeper connection at all.

My wife and I went to a few swinger parties to talk to people and see how they interact, not to participate. We found that a high percentage of the couples we spoke to actually demanded a decent degree of "getting to know" other participants before doing anything. Like hanging out, having dinner, etc...

Beyond that, I would suggest holding true to your boundaries and maintaining a high degree of frank communication about how you feel.

Back