Dating, scheduling, keeping track

I'm not really dating that many on a regular basis yet, but there are more than a few "first dates" in the works, to be planned/scheduled. I said, "maybe next week?" to about six or seven guys. And I'm now going, "what was I thinking?"

Yeah - that's a lot to keep track of. Best of luck though. I wouldn't have the mental capacity in honesty....my poor brain couldn't keep up regardless of diary/spreadsheet systems. I've recently started thinking about how much I get my brain to do for me - And how much I should really give it a break sometimes !! Some rest time :)

It sounds like you want mental space for shorty and dreamy even though those relationships aren't time intensive at present.
Sometimes I think it can be more about creating mental space rather that time on a calender..

If you feel overwhelmed...it's always good to slow down. Take some quiet time for yourself...as is often said around here !

The funny thing is I had made a big decision to stop dating for a while to focus on my divorce and deal with some problems I was having with medication that I've since stopped taking. The medication issues seem resolved, the divorce is still stressful, and I've got a work project that is demanding.

As soon as I made up my mind to slow down and give myself space, though, all these guys got interested. I didn't want to ask for lots of delays in meeting them, in case that would make me look flaky or close the windows of opportunity.

But you're right, it's mental space I am really in need of. In addition to better calendar management.

I hear you ! I got divorced in the last couple of years...it is stressful, and it does take up a lot of mental space. As does work projects etc.

I think you'll always have "windows of opportunity" in the dating world as you come across as an impressive person ! I think the windows will stay open for you :)

Good levels of mental space and time management/calender management will help make the most of the opportunities..

Have fun !

Back