Tats & Piercings?

i did spend a great deal of time looking at my memorial tattoo on fri, as it was the 1 yr anniversary of my friends passing, but i don't want to blabber on this thread, b'c that's not what it's for.

Blabber away man, people with tattoos love to hear about the ones people have, especially if they didn't just walk into a parlor and ask for a barb wire arm band :rolleyes:

If you got one..I take it back..they're cool too.

especially if they didn't just walk into a parlor and ask for a barb wire arm band :rolleyes:

If you got one..I take it back..they're cool too.

no way, i always pick out specific things for my ink. my general rule is once i decide i want a piece, i then think about it for a year, if i still want it, then i save up for it (which usually takes another 6 months) then i go get it.

no way, i always pick out specific things for my ink. my general rule is once i decide i want a piece, i then think about it for a year, if i still want it, then i save up for it (which usually takes another 6 months) then i go get it.

Cool man! I usually draw mine. Lately I have come up with the concepts and brought them to a guy who does airbrushing for world biker build offs. He's shitty at keeping appointments but does awesome work. He's a total artist and really freehands amazingly. I don't get them very often, usually years in between each.

My forearm is a very obvious sign of my connection and love for Redpepper although without knowing what it means most people miss that. I want everyone to see it and love it when they ask for an explanation. I tell most people.

You should be proud..that is a beautiful piece of art!

Is that the one that you have a picture of in your album?

And thank you. I adore it still, and so does my fiance. :D

I was the same; I found something that would be meaningful for me no matter what stage of my life I was in, and then let it stew for a while. No sense rushing into something that's permanent.

My fiance's ("officerI") tattoo artist is so sick of doing tribal tramp stamps that he typically doesn't charge us for the work he does since it's a large piece of art. Maybe I'll get him to post a picture so you guys can see it... hmm...

Is that the one that you have a picture of in your album?

And thank you. I adore it still, and so does my fiance. :D

Yeah, it sure is. The pics don't do the colours justice. Glad you like it.
Redpepper sat with me for the first four hours, the last two I was on my own.
The symbol is a combination of our zodiac signs and the trees are local arbutus. I love seeing it all the time :)

Cool man! I usually draw mine. Lately I have come up with the concepts and brought them to a guy who does airbrushing for world biker build offs. He's shitty at keeping appointments but does awesome work. He's a total artist and really freehands amazingly. I don't get them very often, usually years in between each.

i've gotten 5 tattoos in almost 10 years, so i do take my time with making the decision. i wish i could draw, but alas, i don't have that talent. luckily for me my tattoo artist does fantastic work, and will take the time to work with me,so i get exactly what i want.

I have my ears pierced to 0 gauge currently. They've been that way for a few years and I've recently been getting the itch to go a little bigger.

I have one tattoo. It's in my avatar and was done by my friend Artie in my bedroom. He was just out of rehab and on parole and was working on a scrapbook so he could get some work as he had just bought a tattoo gun.

Anyhow, it says "Chaos is Me" which is 1. a reference to a song by the band Orchid. Underneath is a start with an infinity symbol through it. Basicaly what it means to me is... Chaos is dynamic, ever changing, shrinking, growing, etc. I should always be like this, learning, growing, changing, reverting, etc. The star and infinity are a reminder of that and a reference to the saying "through chaos, brilliant stars are born."

I'm a pretty mathematical dude, so it is also a reminder to me to let go.

ive got my lip pierced twice, my tongue pierced and my ears stretched to 10mm.
I used to have 3 lip piercings, tongue, navel, nose, ears stretched to 18mm and scaffold piercing and anti-eyebrow.

I miss my piercings :(

I've also got a half sleeve of a phoenix and two men outlin but i dont like it, i chose a tattoo artist who was either having a bad day when i went in or is lying about his portfolio :(
Want to cover it with the elements as a full sleeve in japanese style.
I want to get a phoneix across my back and a quote from alice in wonderland on my shoulder, two ballroom dancers on my calf as a memorial for my grandma and a swallow behind my ear for my grandad. Im also getting my brother to so a drawing for me as he's an amzing sketcher and get that tatood too.

Need more money! haha

Well, I have a few tats....only one piercing left though.

My left ear WAS pierced three times. Twice down in the lobe, and once up top in the cartilage.

My first tat, was/is a tiger on my right shoulder. I was in the Navy at the time, and it is the best one I have IMO. The lines are STILL very fine and it STILL looks good...even 20 years later. The lady did it freehand and I got it while I was stationed in San Diego Ca.

I also have a lion on my left shoulder.

Then there is the Mustang with "67" to resemble my 67 mustang on my shoulder blade.

I also have the word "Wolf" in kanji below a pic of a wolf looking through his own paw pring on my chest. These were two separate tattoos.

I have my daughters name written in japanese on my right shoulder, and my son's name in japanese on my left shoulder.

I have a tribal type pic of myself on my left calf, holding a japanese katana.

I have a heart made of barbed wire with my wife's name in it and a yellow rose on my left chest.

I have a tramp stamp on my lower back. (Yes, I'm a guy, and I thought it was kinda cool when I did it.....now it's kinda....weird. LOL)

Sooo...yeah...about 10.

I'm currently saving to get another one on my right calf. It's my martial arts school symbol.

My wife has about 7 or 8 also.

I just have one tattoo, it was my turning-18-rite-of-passage. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, because I didn't understand what the tattooist was asking when he suggested an alteration. The centre is a celtic knot, and he asked if he could change the "over-under" pattern. I thought he meant the whole thing, all of them, so I said yes. Turns out he meant over-over-under-over-under-under etc. And one of my pet peeves is when celtic art doesn't do it "properly" by following an alternating pattern. So I pretty much flipped out at him when it was done. He offered to change it, but I was too pissed at him and didn't trust him not to screw it up even worse.

I still get plenty of compliments on my tattoo, and it is otherwise very well done. But it was a valuable lesson about always making sure you understand what someone is asking you!!

Fortunately it's on my lower-back so I can't even see it with my naked eyes, and I don't frequently look at my back in the mirror. That was one of the reasons I got it there, so I would never get sick of it...

Piercings that I still have:
  • stretched lobes x3 on each side... bottom is 5/8", middle is 2ga, top is 4ga... all done myself. Bottom took about 10 years to get up to that size. Had reached 7/8" and was on my way to 1" but my ears wouldn't accept the 1", kept getting way too painful, and then I was getting married so I didn't want them to be too extreme for the wedding. Then I bought some gorgeous 5/8 stylised eyelets and decided to just stay at that size foreva'
  • tragus.

Piercings that I've let go (and the reasons):
  • vertical industrial (got reeeally infected... ended up in the hospital for a week on 9 different kinds of antibiotics, 5 of which were intravenous... note to self: no Bactine for piercings. Anti-bacterial, EXCEPT for this one strain which apparently thrives in it, and was really hard to kill)
  • eyebrow twice (grew out both times)
  • septum stretched to 8ga (always made my nose stuffed up and got me sick a lot)
  • vertical centre lip (was sinking in and hurt)
  • labret (got caught on my teeth a lot)
  • tongue stretched to 2ga [was pretty sweet] (always wacked my teeth and figured it was a matter of time before they chipped... didn't like how it made it too hard to lick the icing out of an Oreo!!)
  • navel [I was the first kid in my high school to get one, in 1996!] (never healed properly even after 18 months)
  • clit hood (made me too sensitive and was more annoying and distracting during sex than actually fun)
  • upper ears x 2 (were pierced crooked by the hairdresser, finally just got sick of it)
  • left nipple, vertical (barbell was too short, didn't realize that was the reason it was sore all the time until hindsight)
  • left ear, mid-way between upper and lobes (lol, all my friends were doing it... omg, worst reason! was a band trip, we were all at this mall, someone found a shop that would pierce ears without parental consent... figured since I had a navel ring and eyebrow ring, it would just be WRONG if I didn't jump on the piercing-bandwagon!! I took it out after 4 hours because I realized that was stupid)
  • I also had a failed lobe-piercing attempt when I was about 8. The jerk owner of this hair salon didn't know what he was doing and attempted 4 times but couldn't get it to work, kept taking out the earring. I was wailing by the time my mom forced him to stop. Created scar tissue that took about 10 years to work out, and eventually came out in this big disgusting lump during one of my stretching sessions.
.... I think that's it. So current piercing count: 7. Total piercing count: 21

I probably won't get any more. My piercer passed away a few years ago (Jason Berezuk of Winnipeg), and when I tried getting a piercing at another place, I realized I hadn't coped with his suicide and it was really traumatic and emotional. Now I just have no real desire for any others. I would like another tattoo, but considering I keep changing my mind on what I want, I'm in no rush to go ahead with it...

Last edited:
I have had both ears, tongue, eye brow and nipples done. I only have the tongue ring left.

I have a single tat, on my right arm. Pisces symbol.

I am planning two, I need to save the money and find the right artist.

I want a tattoo on my back. To represet both the strength in me and my...devlish side. I have a lot of history with both the bear and the cobra/python. So I want something on my back to represent that, with a little extra for fun. I am thinking the cobra trying to get our of my inner soul and be free, with the bear strong and stoic clasping at the snake to bring it back in. Both are somehow bound by some nice bondage rope, signifying how neither can be without the other. (rope bondage gauntlet is the idea)

The second tattoo is far simpler and a potential homage to my father. I want the tree of life tattooed on my calf. The roots reaching down to my ankle and the tree wrapping my calf muscle.

tree-of-life.jpg

That is close to what I want, however the roots should be equal size to the topping, I also want it more encompassing on the entire calf...

i currently just have my lobes done. i had more when i was younger. I'm trying to work up the courage to get my nipples pierced. After breast feeding 4 babies they aren't what they used to be in the sensitive department :( I have 7 tattoos and i would love to get more.

these pictures are not in order of how i go the tats

Attachments

• tat 1.jpg
    tat 1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
  • tat 2.jpg
    tat 2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 17
  • tat 3.jpg
    tat 3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 17
  • tat 4.jpg