Hello from a kinda-mono trying to adapt to planet Poly

Del

Maybe I should have posted on "personal summaries". Feel free to move it if I got it wrong, because it doesn't call for replies, as such.

So hi! I'm Del and I'm a bi cis-woman-but-a-bit-tomboy-too and historically straight. I'm 42 and I'm European. I'm not giving a country because it changes all the time. My native language is French.
I've been in a relationship with a bi cis-man-who's-gender-non-strictly-conforming. He's 41, he's American originally but he's lived in Europe for a few years now and he also identifies as a neo-nomad although he stays longer than me each time. So far, we haven't lived in the same country before now: we're currently both in the UK but not the same city. And I'm leaving soon.

I've had long-term monogamous relationships (twice 8 or 9 years), short-term monogamous relationships (more or less a year) and friends with benefits non-exclusive short-lived relationships. I couldn't deal with seeing many people at a time even then. As you can see, I've been mostly monogamous.
My partner has only had short-term monogamous relationships, less than a year. The relationship with me is his longest one to date.

So now, I'll move to another board for my question. Thank you for welcoming me here. Hopefully I can learn a lot and be a happy, coherent "me" for myself and for others.

Hi Del,

A warm welcome to the forums. I'm relatively new myself. When I first joined and started learning about polyamory, I wanted to know more about how the French public would perceive polyamory. I don't know any French people so I started a thread here about the French. To my knowledge, you'd be the first French person to read it. Would you care to comment on the thread over here?

Thanks.

And welcome to the forums. :)
-Shaya.

Would you care to comment on the thread
Thank you for your welcome! I'll do my best, but I don't identify as French much any more. I've been a nomad for so long (over 20 years) that I've lost touch with the culture a little bit. I sometimes go back for a few weeks to even a couple of years circa 2014, so I'll try...!

Welcome to the Forum, Del, - and best of luck of luck on your poly journey!
I intend to comment on your other thread as time permits. Al

Greetings Del,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I have read all of your posts so far; it sounds to me like you are well on your way to becoming poly and/or poly-friendly. I'm glad you could join us, and hope we can answer any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back