Poly and Kids?

Robot

I won't go into detail about how I got to my current relationship, except to say I am in my early 30s and with two amazing, smart, beautiful and funny women. One is my HS sweetie and I have been in love with her since I was 14, the other is 9 years older than us and we have been "together" just a few months (since August), but I started falling for her very soon after we met, just over a year ago. My wife (not legal, but mine) denied her feelings for some time and not until she could she that she could actually have us both did she admit it. My first and I have been baby planning for some time and are finally feeling close to ready (wanting to settle into our new home, save some more and pay down debt, etc.). Is this even possible?! I so want to believe that it is. My wife is scared and I can understand that, but to be completely honest, I have never been happier and I feel in my heart like I am where I am supposed to be and I don't want to compromise on my relationships here at home nor in my plans for a child. We have all discussed this future baby as "ours" like it's already in the stars. In our silliness, we talk about how lucky all of our doggies are to have three mommies, why not a kid?

Does anyone have any experience, not in joining families with kids, but actually going through the entire thing, planning, pregnancy, birth and raising all while in the poly world?

ANY discussions would be so very appreciated!

Hi and welcome!

There have been many discussions on this topic. Do a tag search for "children" or "children and poly" and a lot will come up. There is a huge Master Thread about having children and raising them in a poly household. You can also do an advanced search for the words "children," "pregnant," or "kids." I am sure you will find a great deal of helpful stuff (I can't offer more than that, since I'm childfree).

Last edited:
Back