A beautiful comic strip - no borders =)

Wow. Absolutely beautiful comic. =]

Beautiful comic, but it made me sad as it reminded me of having my own artistic aspirations dashed in my teens.

Beautiful comic, but it made me sad as it reminded me of having my own artistic aspirations dashed in my teens.
I am a teen and get crap for wanting to do my art. My music, photography, films. Nobody thinks I can do it, but I will show them. =]

I actually got accepted, against all the odds, onto an Art 'A' Level course. But I had to turn it down because my dad offered me the ultimatum of get a job or get out. We've reconciled now, but I held a lot of resentment for a long time.

I actually got accepted, against all the odds, onto an Art 'A' Level course. But I had to turn it down because my dad offered me the ultimatum of get a job or get out. We've reconciled now, but I held a lot of resentment for a long time.
I did music at college. Want to go back and do film and photography and possibly go on to do a degree in something, or just get myself out there and doing it. I'm lucky enough to have a mother who will always let me stay at home if ever I need it.

I'm very lucky to have artistic (though often in-debt) parents - a musician and an artist/counselor who used to dance. They've always encouraged art over anything else, which is wonderful, but it does make me sad to see some of my friends whose parents are very oppressive in that area. I have a fantastically artistic friend who is forced to study almost constantly to be a veterinary doctor, making her stressed and over-worked. =(

I'm very lucky to have artistic (though often in-debt) parents - a musician and an artist/counselor who used to dance. They've always encouraged art over anything else, which is wonderful, but it does make me sad to see some of my friends whose parents are very oppressive in that area. I have a fantastically artistic friend who is forced to study almost constantly to be a veterinary doctor, making her stressed and over-worked. =(
That's a real shame. I actually have a friend who WANTS to be a vet. But is studying a lot of maths to actually do something like accounting until he is able to do what he really wants. His parents encourage him, but also give him the little push he needs to make something of himself. He's not really an arty kinda guy though, so maybe that's why it works for him.

Back