We might need some new terms!!

[raises hand] I vote for polycule too.

Off topic but I've always hated the argument that "polyamory" is somehow a messed-up word because it's from both Latin and Greek roots. Big deal...so is the word "television," and that's kind of stuck.

Back on subject, I don't know of a word that described my last poly relationship: two halves of a couple both in a relationship with one other person, but that person's partner not involved in the relationship. It isn't quite a quad, and "triad-and-one" doesn't seem to cut it.

Well, you three were in a triad. And there are 3 dyads in a triad. And your shared partner was also in another dyad. And their partner was your metamour.

Well, you three were in a triad. And there are 3 dyads in a triad. And your shared partner was also in another dyad. And their partner was your metamour.

As my old flatmate would have said, "Yah but...." So would that have been an open triad as opposed to a closed triad?

I like the term polycule too. Much better, though maybe less poetic, than the term we used at the time: "the entanglement."

Or there's, "tocotox = too complicated to explain"

As my old flatmate would have said, "Yah but...." So would that have been an open triad as opposed to a closed triad?

Sure. Open. As opposed to poly-fidelitous (poly-fi).
I like the term polycule too. Much better, though maybe less poetic, than the term we used at the time: "the entanglement."

Some people do say poly tangle.

Back