The Walking Dead

lucky7

Anybody here hooked on it? We even stay up to watch the Talking Dead afterwards. I'll wait to see if there are other fans before I totally nerd out.

I watched it when it first came out last year. Haven't really sat down and watched the new season. I'll have to get around to that at some point.

So nerd out :)

off subject, I used to live in Chula Vista, in 1st grade, went to Valley Lindo elementary.

This season is better than the first IMO, lots more character development, it always motivates me to go to the shooting range.

Off topic: I have some nieces/nephews at Valle Lindo Elementary. Small world. :) :p

I'll try to get to it this weekend. I have the first 4 episodes of season 2.. plus the webisodes.

You should go to the shooting range, its a good skill to have.. cause you never know when it'll happen :p The military trained me in shooting. Was a sharpshooter before transferring to delta unit. Retired now. Still hit up the range a few times a month.

My gf and I have been watching it since Season 1 Episode 1! Cool show. I'd say more here but we don't have spoiler tags. ;)

We love American Horror Story even more. That's new this season on FX.

I allways root for the bad guy, I want Merle to come back.

I allways root for the bad guy, I want Merle to come back.

Eek! It was bad enough in Daryl's dream! Glad it inspired him to climb up that hill tho. I have a crush on him. Rick bores me. Shawn is too creepy, and I wish the wife would come clean to Rick about her former sexual relationship w Shawn!

I'm glad the Asian guy is gettin some. :p

I bet Sophia is a zombie by now.

I hope you can find the older episodes of Amer Horror Story, Renmen!

I think Daryl got bit during one of his visions

The barn is going to be trouble

I think Daryl got bit during one of his visions...

I *hope* their teeth didn't pierce his boot!

The barn is going to be trouble...

I am wondering if they are family members, and also if Sophia is in there. I wonder how long zombies can go without food in this show? Is the patriarch feeding them? Ewww.

The first season of Walking Dead is on Netflix and I'm trying to decide if I want to watch it. I generally do not like gory movies or shows but do enjoy the suspense/thriller genre. Is Walking Dead extremely violent? (For example, like Quentin Taratino movies or The Wire.) I realize it's about zombies so I certainly don't expect kittens (well maybe kitten zombies) and fluffiness but I just don't want something that will disturb me, give me nightmares and prevent sleep. So what say y'all current watchers?

It's pretty gory, but a great storyline, tons of suspense, and great characters. It may cause you to stockpile ammo for the upcoming zombie apocalypse though.

All in all, very addictive

There's some graphic chomping of body parts, but lots of time in between for suspense. Not for the faint of heart, I would say.

Last night was a crazy one, Shane is going to meet a fitting end, I'm betting at the hand of Herschel's walkers, but I think, in his style, he'll take someone with him. I'm terrible with names, but the blonde, she's going to find a way to screw everyone, litteraly and figuratively. Rick's reaction to his wife's fling with Shane was unexpected. This episode, IMO, leaves more questions and speculation than anything.

Andrea and Shane had spontaneous unprotected sex. Maybe shes knocked up by now. He managed to get Lori pregnant, even tho she is insisting her baby is Rick's. We don't have a timeline to know for sure, but I'd bet her baby is Shane's. Their other kid is 8 yrs old and there's been no talk of them having planned this one, or having had an idea they got pregnant before his coma.

It's pretty risky she was taking massive doses of birth control pills in an attempt to abort, 2 weeks after conception. And then of course, for no good reason, she immediately changed her mind. That always happens on TV.

How come earlier they were making a big deal about being quiet on the farm so as not to attract walkers, and now all of a sudden they are doing shooting practice? How much ammo do they have and where can they get more? Not that I am not glad they are all getting firearm training, finally.

Why didnt anyone check out the barn on their own til now? I can understand Rick not doing it, acceding to Hershel's authority, but youd think Daryl or Shane immediately would have. Or even Andrea.

The pharmacy is no longer a suitable lovenest, but I'm getting me a pharmacy shelf for home defense, damn.

Lol

I still can't watch the first half of the first episode, and a chunk of the episode where he finds Lori and recounts his story. Hits too close to home for me, I spent 10 days in a coma in early 2010, and what that does to your memory and perceptions of reality is not nice (I have clear recollections of events after I came out of the coma, and my family recalls the conversations and events, just not anything like the location I clearly recall it happening in).

About the current season, I was suspicious of the barn early on, but then my wife and I decided the reason we had not seen any cows out in the pastures was that they cut them due to cost saving measures.

And I am always surprised at how someone as obnoxious as Daryl can end up being such a likable character, the fact that they give him some of the best lines helps. I also think that Daryl is right that Sophia survived at least the first few days.

Rob

I was right about Sophia. Also, not on this thread, but to my gf, had called it she was probably in the barn.

Yay for something big finally happening! Boo to having to wait til Feb for more! :mad:

Finally got catch up.. well all the way up until the last episode.. I heard they are taking a break and there won't be any new episodes until feb.. :(

Back