Accidental Quad

MileHighQuad

About a year ago my best friend admitted that she had a crush on me. She was very shy about it, but I assured her the feelings were/are mutual. She is a beautiful woman, inside and out. I love her deeply, and she is the only woman I have ever been intimate with. We began our crazy quad relationship with what should gave been a bi-curious fling. We were going to have our husbands watch while we played around a bit. But, within about 5 minutes we were pulling them into the mix and, well, now we're a quad! We've had our share of ups and downs on this roller coaster called polyamory, but it has been amazing!! We have not "outed" ourselves, except to our marriage counselors. Yep, each primary couple sees a separate marriage counselor just to help us ensure the relationships stay intact and healthy. As luck would have it, both councilors are very supportive of the quad and frequently tell us that we are doing a great job of communicating and dealing with issues as they arise. We've had jealousy issues, moral conflicts, and anxiety from the fellas when they have had "performance" issues. Each time we pull back, talk through it, sometimes take a break for a couple weeks and then we're right back in there. It is the most difficult, high maintainence, emotional relationship I've ever had. And I love them all deeply. So here I am, age 35, mother of two kids. And my love life includes my awesome husband of 15 years, my beautiful best friend, and her amazing husband. How lucky am I??

Last edited:
Hey there! (Belated) welcome to the forum! My wife and I just joined, but I'd been lurking for a while. We're in Littleton and were floored at how many Denver-area polys there are on here!

Back