Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Apparently, you don't have one of the phones that uses a universal charger? Both my sons and I have phones that can use the same charger. Makes life so much easier, especially with two CAR CHARGERS! One can plug in in the front cig lighter and the other in the auxilliary in the back, lol. I don't have to listen to them argue over who gets to use the charger now. lmao

Palm Pre, LG Rumor and Samsung Link all use universal chargers, at least if they've been bought in the last eight months. lol

Hint, pack your charger next time! Better yet, make it a phone-FREE weekend! No phone or internet to distract you from having fun!

We don't own a vehicle, either, but we do borrow one, on occasion. The second charger really was an accident. An ex accidentally left it here and by the time we found it, she had gotten rid of the phone. So we kept it, since I have the right phone for it. lol

Last edited:
Yes. It feels wonderful to be happy when our loved one is happy, pleased, etc.

I continue to amaze myself about being joyful when I think about how my GF's BF pleases, loves and supports her. It lets me know that this is a healthy choice for me.

YAY! clap, clap, clap!

Aren't those breakthroughs just wonderful?

Yes it does!!! Thanks!!!! He's always been this way and can't wait for me to either have my own primary or another secondary, or 10!!!

Yes. It feels wonderful to be happy when our loved one is happy, pleased etc.

I continue to amaze myself about being joyful when I think about how my GFs BF pleases, loves and supports her. It lets me know that this is a healthy choice for me.

That's great! My partner is that way too. This is all new for me. When I shared it with him, he fell more in love with me. Gotta love that part, too!

Wow. Getting ridden about this phone thing, eh? Well, luckily there were some people there with an awesome camper van, with outlets. I was 80% disconnected for the first time in ages. Woohoo...

Your logic is without fail. Such a smarty pants. Err... smarty skirt. Err... smarty dress. (I'm trying to be politically correct.)

Smarty skates.

Make it genderless. Remove the politics from it. haha :)

I'm so excited & so proud of myself! I met my partner less than 5 months ago, but it was like love at first sight. He's married and had several other lovers at the time. Really quickly, he told me he considered me a life partner, not just another lover. Even though he's the only one I'm with - that's only for right now. I'm open to having others & would LOVE to have my own primary.
But anyway -- he said something candidly last week -- a day or so later, when reliving that moment -- the light bulb of compersion went off! He was at a 4 day workshop out of town & I knew he'd connect with this one gal -- I just knew it -- finally - I realized - that didn't take anything away from what we have!!! So today, we're on the phone as he's driving back (7 hr drive) and he tells me they were intimate. It didn't bother me!!!!! He was a little shocked, I must add -- but I said I knew that would happen but i also know it doesn't change or take anything away from us. WOW!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself - I just had to share it with y'all!!!!

PS This is my first poly relationship!!!!!

Congrats. That's awesome. :) Compersion is fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok I just vomitted a bit...polyticks doesn't sound good...at all...

wonder if they jump across when hugging :eek:

Haha! I just mentioned Redpepper hugging you on your blog. If you didn't have them before this weekend, you do now. ;)

I'm so excited & so proud of myself! I met my partner less than 5 months ago, but it was like love at first sight. He's married and had several other lovers at the time. Really quickly, he told me he considered me a life partner, not just another lover. Even though he's the only one I'm with - that's only for right now. I'm open to having others & would LOVE to have my own primary.
But anyway -- he said something candidly last week -- a day or so later, when reliving that moment -- the light bulb of compersion went off! He was at a 4 day workshop out of town & I knew he'd connect with this one gal -- I just knew it -- finally - I realized - that didn't take anything away from what we have!!! So today, we're on the phone as he's driving back (7 hr drive) and he tells me they were intimate. It didn't bother me!!!!! He was a little shocked, I must add -- but I said I knew that would happen but i also know it doesn't change or take anything away from us. WOW!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself - I just had to share it with y'all!!!!

PS This is my first poly relationship!!!!!

Thanks for sharing that, hun! We always need more sharing of the good stuff. Too often we seem to get loaded down with the negative or complicated pieces and don't celebrate enough the great experiences and feelings!

Thanks again,
GS

Redpepper and PN are vegetarian, I'm omnivore but eat a lot of vegetarian food. We all like vegan food. It's actually really good and the deserts are yummmee!
We've got a pretty big poly community relative to our city size and there is a tonne of vegan/vegetarian interest so the there's a pretty healthy market catering to that.

Maybe just visit?

This is way off topic from the thread, sorry. But yes, someday a visit would be lovely. I even have a passport now.

Maybe someday we'll have a poly group in Albany! Really, I live in the middle of nowhere, but the capital of NY is not the middle of nowhere.

I'm so glad that you all had a great time. Fantastic!

Thanks for sharing that hun !
We always need more sharing of the good stuff. Too often we seem to get loaded down with the negative or complicated pieces and don't celebrate enough the great experiences and feelings!

You're very welcome, GS! You'll learn from me. I prefer to share the good stuff. I try to always find the good stuff! Even in the bad, there is good. An opportunity for growth is always good.

But this is HUGE for me. I've never really been a jealous person, but this is my first poly relationship. I've had angst at times. But I don't feel that anymore! Now it's my turn to allow him to show compersion. hehehe!

Albany isn't THAT far from Ontario, Canada, lol. At least it's on the same coast!

OMG! I am SO glad I didn't have a drink in hand or mouth when I read that! roflmao!

I'm looking out the window and it is about as far from white as it's gonna get! It was the perfect temp today, which made my work day a lot more comfortable.

You wanna talk far away from any place, try Alaska! They say it's a state, but I don't see anywhere where it's actually attached to the States. Same for Hawaii.

OMG! I am SO glad I didn't have a drink in hand or mouth when I read that! roflmao!

I'm looking out the window & it is about as far from white as it's gonna get!

It's black outside??? Wow night falls early in Ontario :D

It was the perfect temp today which made my work day a lot more comfortable, lol.

You wanna talk far away from any place try Alaska! They say it's a State but I don't see any where where it's actually attached to the States! Same for Hawaii!

On the map they're really close together though hehehe

Back