Mid-West Polyamory Group Leader Summit

chg2winter

We are pleased to announce that a meeting of the poly leaderships groups from the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana area has been scheduled at Beyond The Love http://beyondthelove.org/, on Nov 15-17th in Columbus OH.

This gather is open to anyone attending this conference who runs a group, is interested in running a group, or would like to offer support services to those of us already doing so. "How about we get together, learn what we can do to bridge the gaps in what we offer to the poly community, what each of us has had success with, and how we can form partnerships and associations between us, without belittling anyone's chosen path and defined purpose for their groups".

If you are attending the Beyond The Love conference, then you are welcome to join the gather.

If you are not attending the conference but would like to just come to the Polyamory Group Summit, please contact us at [email protected]

solo poly

We actually had a large turn out for people who identify as solo polyamorous at Beyond The Love event. It was an entire track with people with a variety of reasons. And it was interesting to see solo polyamourist as a distinction from unicorns.

We actually had a large turn out for people who identify as solo polyamorous at Beyond The Love event. It was an entire track with people with a variety of reasons. And it was interesting to see solo polyamourist as a distinction from unicorns.

What was interesting about that? They seem obviously different to me: solo polys live alone and date people, who may or may not date each other (but the ones I know generally don't have partners who are each other's partners as well, making them not unicorn) and lots of solo polys aren't bisexual.

Unicorns date two people who are also a couple, and were before they "joined the relationship", but they might live with that couple and/or be exclusive, and really that is kind of the stereotype with unicorns, that they're asked to be exclusive, to live with them (making them, in both cases, not solo polys) and are described to everyone else as "the maid".

While their might be some people who happen to be both, in my experience it's only a minority of either of those groups.

Back