New to Poly and Looking for Advice

claytonjackie

Hi all, I am married to great man for 2 1/2 years. My husband is 32 and I am 28. We recently discussed adding another female to our relationship and are ready to try this. I am a little hesitant but interested too. First where/how do you go about finding another woman (also neither of us like to hang out in bars or places like that - not sure if that makes a difference in finding someone)? Really I am curious on how the whole living thing works. Do you sleep in seperate rooms and how do you rotate who sleeps where? Do these relationships really work or do they always fail? I guess I am looking for any and all advice on this as I am new to this. Lots of questions. Thanks to all for advice and tips :)

Your questions have been asked by many on this forum. I suggest that you have a look around and read a bit. Look at the stickies, do a tag search and see what comes up. There is a large body of knowledge on here and many have gone before you.

Hello and welcome.

I too am knew to all of this, but I wanted to let you know that the people here have been awesome in there help and support. If you do as Redpepper suggested you'll find what you need to at least get you started. I did and it helped immensely. from there you can then start asking specific questions that may not be so readily obvious.

Once again from another newbie to another, welcome.

FT

Welcome to the forum. There are no hard and fast rules with how things work. It's a matter of figuring out how it works for you in your particular dynamic.

I'm sorry I have no advice on how to meet people. Just be open to possibilitites. Let things go where they are going to with people that you meet. Try not to have any great big expectations. Not everyone is going to click with you romantically but there is always the chance of friendship (and with friendship comes meeting friends of friends).

Hi all, I am married to great man for 2 1/2 years. My husband is 32 and I am 28. We recently discussed adding another female to our relationship and are ready to try this. I am a little hesitant but interested too. First where/how do you go about finding another woman (also neither of us like to hang out in bars or places like that - not sure if that makes a difference in finding someone)? Really I am curious on how the whole living thing works. Do you sleep in seperate rooms and how do you rotate who sleeps where? Do these relationships really work or do they always fail? I guess I am looking for any and all advice on this as I am new to this. Lots of questions. Thanks to all for advice and tips :)
Many people live in the same home, same bed, or same home and different rooms. I've seen both work.
My husband and I are considering separate housing. We don't have others in our life currently to where we'd move anyone in...not even close. But we know it could happen. Some people can be one big happy family, and should we want to be, we can, but we are thinking of two homes on the same land to be a better option so when we find those special people, we can get together if we want, or divide our time, where we can each have our own home, with our own rules.
I know how it feels searching for a mate. I feel like I'm looking for a boyfriend who can't possibly exist. lol If fate allows I'll find him, and if you are meant to, you will too.

Back