Anyone from Utah here?

Hubby and I are in Utah. I feel a bit shut in since, well, our lifestyle is not accepted by too many here. Nice to meet you

New to poly, this forum, and in UT! I have traditionally been mono, but have been monogamously dating a woman for 18 months who has traditionally been poly. She recently let me know that she was feeling repressed, I want nothing more than her happiness, so I agreed to open the relationship up to polyamory.

So here I am! Dealing with the whole spectrum of emotions as someone adjusting to poly with an established relationship. I lurked for a bit and decided this was an awesome crowd that I wouldn't mind virtually hobnobbing with!

Tooele, UT

I'm a Utahn, originally from Mississippi (male). I'm in a long distance poly relationship, and looking for more women (preferably bi) to join the group.

Although, I am planning to move to California.

I am in Utah. Salt Lake County actually. I've lived here most of my life, except for a stint in Colorado during the early 90's.

It could be said of me, "Of Utah but not in it." :)

Northern Utah!

I'm 20 year-old female, just starting to really learn about this. It's definitely a shock to your system when you were raised as a conservative Mormon to find out that the world isn't as black and white as you thought! I'm definitely glad I did though! The more I learn, the better it gets. Is anyone in Northern Utah?

(I'm now in Washington but) how far north?

Heh, I was more to the south: Happy Valley. :)

Very nice. I grew up in Salt Lake City. Weber County is killing me. I am still waiting for the cool college kids to start showing up. (; Maybe once I graduate they'll be here. I doubt it though. Most people up here hold onto their rigidly taught belief system. Ah well.... Someday, I will find a more open place to live.

I think all the cool college kids are at U of U. ;)

My folks and some of my siblings still live near "home" (Highland), but with one brother (and sister-in-law) on Vashon Island, Washington was just too tempting.

We used to get as far north as Lagoon as kids. Not much farther than that.

Back