antibiotic resistant gonorrhea

turtleHeart

I'm not sure which subforum is most appropriate for this, but thought it'd be useful to share: http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...iotics-leaving-only-one-drug-to-treat-disease

"Federal health officials announced that the sexually transmitted infection is getting dangerously close to being untreatable."

I don't think this means people need to run scared back to only being with one person for life, but it does reinforce the need to get tested regularly and before interacting sexually with new partners, and to be aware of if/when partners get new partners and what their sexual habits are. I'm used to thinking of gonorrhea as something that is a relative non-issue as long as you find out you have it and get it treated early. The thought of it not being so simple anymore is disconcerting.

On a brighter note, HIV is becoming much more manageable.

It seems diseases are in a state of flux, as much as the technology to treat them. I have heard of other antibiotic resistant bacterial infections, as well. But, I couldn`t name them off the top of my head.

I am truly excited about the new developments in HIV prevention and treatment, as well as the male pill.

Back