Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

5:09 p.m., Thursday the 24th

Yesterday BH and SB were gone for about four hours. After they got home, SB and I had leftover Mexican stew for dinner, and BH had a salad. We then watched two OItNB episodes, plus BH and I then watched a GoT episode. Today, BH has been painting the back room; SB took me to get a haircut, plus we stopped at the local paint store to get some advice. SB then had to do some work from home, something got messed up at work and the people there didn't know how to fix it.

I don't know whether BH/SB have tomorrow off. SB said that BH will work on Saturday. That's all I can think of to tell you today.

1:10 p.m., Friday the 25th

Luckily we ate out for dinner yesterday. At a place nearby, Mr. Doug's. Alas, we probably won't eat out tonight, we'll probably have leftovers. Or maybe I can eat a salad. Last night, we did not watch anything, as Snowbunny had to work today. Brother-Husband is off today, while tomorrow will be the reverse, SB will be off and BH will be at work. Which is typical for a Saturday.

2:06 p.m., Monday the 28th

So over the weekend, we three watched the final three episodes of Orange Is the New Black Season Six. There is supposed to be one more (final) season, but it is not out yet. Meanwhile, Snowbunny is thinking she will cancel our Netflix streaming account. Apparently there are other ways to get OItNB episodes without the Netflix account, and SB is bummed about the cost of Netflix.

It looks like we are going to get a dog. Snowbunny wants it for the barking, to deter would-be home invaders, and it seems hopeful that our more playful and snuggly cat would enjoy the dog's company. BH and SB are going to do an overnight road trip to Oregon to acquire a male Russell Terrier puppy, name to be decided. Not sure when that will happen, possibly this coming weekend, Brother-Husband has Saturday off. (Or is that next Saturday?) One hopeful thing is that this dog is trained to use the litter box. So maybe I won't have to take him out on walks?

Dinner last night was takeout from a fairly new Thai place in town, the Red Lantern. We've sat down there to eat before, but the service was really poor, so that's why we do takeout from there now. The food is good. I had (my usual) yellow curry with potatoes (sweet and white), carrots, onions, and tofu. Sounds pretty good, doesn't it. Don't know what we'll have for dinner tonight.

2:40 p.m., Tuesday the 29th

I'm pretty sure that this weekend is when BH and SB will go and get the puppy. I looked at BH's work schedule and he definitely has this Saturday off. (SB has just about all Saturdays off.) Our gray cat (Rainee) is like me in that change can be difficult for her. Things will be different once the puppy is here, I hope Rainee will adjust okay. I'm sure she will hiss at the puppy. She likes to sleep on my bed at night, I hope the puppy won't inadvertently chase her off. :(

Dinner last night was microwaved burritos (plus slices of avocado). After dinner, the three of us went to a couple of stores to buy stuff for the puppy. We did not watch anything. BH and SB both work today (and tomorrow thru Friday).

1:52 p.m., Wednesday the 30th

SB was somewhat late getting home, she had a dentist appointment after work. She picked up dinner at Subway, I got my usual, a tuna wrap. We did not watch anything on TV.

I could really use two bottles of Irish cream right now. Just sayin' ...

2:46 p.m., Thursday the 31st

A big box was delivered today, it was addressed to SB so I didn't open it, I just left it on the table. It was really heavy, it might be litter for the dog, or maybe it's dogfood.

Last night dinner was fish sticks and tater tots. We spent some time thinking of what name we'll call the dog around the house. (The dog will also have a big long formal name, as he is purebred.) Last I heard, we were leaning towards Chester. About a half an hour later, BH and I watched the final episode of GoT Season Two. We've borrowed the first two seasons from FNG, I assume now that we'll return them and borrow the next two seasons, but I don't know if that will happen today.

2:37 p.m., Friday the 1st

It was litter (for the dog). And tomorrow is when BH and SB will go to pick up the puppy. They will leave early tomorrow morning, and get back sometime tomorrow night. SB estimates they will do 13 hours of driving round trip. The owner lives in California and will meet them halfway, in Oregon. The puppy is three months old.

Dinner last night was salad, chicken (turkey?), potato salad, and coleslaw. And apple pie for dessert. All was made/prepared at the store, except the salad I think. Not sure what dinner tonight will be, probably leftovers and/or TV dinners. I can't remember, SB might have another dentist appointment today, and might get home late. We didn't watch anything last night, and probably won't tonight either.

5:31 p.m., Saturday the 2nd

SB called me a little before 4:30 p.m., and let me know, they have the puppy, and are on their way home. They will probably get here in a couple of hours, and will bring takeout from El Rey Burro for dinner. Good news so far, he is a very calm puppy, mostly sleeping while in the car. He is a handsome feller, SB is in love with him, I probably will be too (and I'm sure BH is). I guess my top concern is, I selfishly hope he'll successfully use his litter box all the time. If he has an accident while BH and SB are at work, I'll have to clean up the mess. Not much can be done about that. I kind of feel bad for him, he will be coming home to a totally foreign environment, hopefully he will adjust. We haven't quite picked out a name yet, possibly we're thinking Chip or Eddie.

3:02 p.m., Sunday the 3rd

Aaaand, the bad news. He is not going in his litter box. Instead, he is pissing and shitting all over the place. Sometimes if we're lucky he'll go when he's outside, but that's as good as it gets. I'm assuming we'll get him trained eventually, but I don't know how long that'll take. Snowbunny has the next two days off, and Brother-Husband has all the weekdays off this week for jury duty. But it's just a matter of time before the only person in the house who can clean up his messes will be me. :( Yeah, I'm selfish that way.

For me at least, the litter box issue is a BFD. But I'll grant you, in every other way he is an endearing puppy. Very cheerful and friendly. Energetic, but careful and considerate when approached by one of the cats. Lady has not worked up the nerve to approach him, but Rainee has approached him many times, and the two have gave each other many nose kisses. Lady is slowly getting braver, but she's not quite there yet.

As far as I can tell, he's had no problem adjusting to his new environment. He seems to love it here, he is excited to be here. We still haven't picked out a name for him. Being discussed are Dexter, Chester, Eddie, and Chip.

I know people used to keep the puppy in the kitchen until housebroken, with newspapers on the floor for ease of clean up. Sounds like you are going to be the one to follow Puppy around to train him!

Leetah

Last edited:
9:54 a.m., Monday the 4th

He's got certain areas of the house sealed off so he can't go in them. My room is sealed off by a baby gate. The cats can easily vault the gate, the dog can't. So I guess my room is like a safe space for the moment.

He's gone a couple of times in his litter box, but by no means is he going there consistently. BH hasn't been called in today for jury duty, maybe he won't get called in at all this week and then he can take care of the dog's messes.

Still no name picked out. SB is currently vacillating between Chester and Eddie. BH is trying out names like Thunder and Tsunami. I like Eddie, but someone on Facebook says we can't use that, apparently because we'd be "stealing" the name from Eddie Van Halen.

Ridiculous!

12:47 p.m., Tuesday the 5th

We finally settled on a name for him, Eddie it is. Today, BH and SB went out and purchased I think some kind of an indoor pen for Eddie, and I think they are trying to assemble it right now. I think it is used and missing some parts, so somehow they are trying to make it work. When it's finished, there is talk of laying newspaper in the bottom of it. All this of course should be temporary, to be discontinued when Eddie stops having "accidents" in the house.

I don't know whether BH will have jury duty tomorrow. I hope not. I'd rather he be the one to take care of tomorrow's dog stuff. I guess we'll find out later today.

3:35 p.m., Wednesday the 6th

The indoor pen was completed last night. And placed on a large old rug. The rug can be discarded after he's potty trained. The litter box is inside the pen, along with two "pee pads." He has not used the pee pads, he has been shredding them instead. Which is I guess okay because he has used his litter box, and so far has not gone on the rug. So it's working. For the moment. Hopefully it is not a permanent solution, hopefully he will get trained and can eventually roam the house and socialize with the cats. I suppose for now, he'll be let out of the pen for short stretches, to be lengthened if he handles them well.

Today was the first day that BH and SB have both been gone, they both had work today. (BH had no jury duty, but he had to work.) So I had the dreaded task of babysitting the dog. Part of my job was to take him outside, walk him around a little bit. I walked him around the house, and a short ways down the road. Also FNG was out and hailed me; I walked across the street to greet him and so he could make Eddie's acquaintance. Eddie went #2 while outside. (Which I picked up with one of those little poop bags.) As a reward I gave him a treat and a bone. So far, I am relieved. I haven't had to clean up any (indoor) messes.

We went out for dinner last night, at Sonja's, a place in (I think it's) McKenna. I ordered a veggie burger with a salad. Good stuff. Don't know what we're going to eat tonight but I'm sure I will like it. I'm starved!

For Washington it's really cold out there, with snow on the ground and it's staying frozen. This weekend I guess we're supposed to get hit with a bunch more snow, and more cold temperatures. I miss the mild winters western Washington usually gets, hopefully this cold snap will end soon.

12:37 p.m., Thursday the 7th

According to recent forecasts, the snowstorm this weekend is going to be quite severe. SB and I usually go shopping on Saturday, but this week we are going to do it today instead. I think BH works today thru Saturday, which is a little worrisome with the approaching weather. He does deliveries, so he is going to be on the road a lot. With any luck, Lowe's will cancel work tomorrow and Saturday.

Things are not going to warm up, at least for the next week. There is going to be snow almost every day for the next week, apparently a ton of snow on at least a couple of the days. This is so unlike the Pacific Northwest, normally winter would consist of a lot of rain.

Things are going pretty well with the dog so far, no accidents for the past few days, he even seems to be settling down and not crying so much. BH and SB are letting him out of the pen in the evenings, plus I let him out once during the day to take him outside. SB takes him outside early in the morning before she leaves for work. And once more right when she gets home from work. Then BH takes him outside in the evenings, at least that's how it's panning out so far. He might be able to go outside less often after his potty training is complete.

We've been hit with the same cold storms. We haven't had snow (an inch or so) at such low elevations in 8 years! I couldn't resist popping into Ray (Mr Sub-arctic)'s room and announcing in an over excited way "There's SO much Snow on the mountains!" "Yeah," he drawled "We call that summer." He is still amused at kids wanting to go "visit the snow".

I figure we may not enjoy the cold and wet but it sure beats the tension of the drought years, right?

Leetah

11:46 a.m., Friday the 8th

I suppose if it's going to be frigid, we might as well get snow -- moisture. It's been a long time since we've gotten a decent amount of rain around here. Highly unusual for the PNW.

SB and I went shopping at Walmart yesterday. It was nuts. The products were all picked over, and the checkout lines, don't even get me started on that. We didn't get out of there until hours later. Snowbunny was burned out, wanted to nix any future trips to Walmart. We'll probably go back there eventually though.

Things are still going well with the dog for the moment.

4:04 p.m., Saturday the 9th

Well we got clobbered with snow. Eight or ten inches. I can't believe BH had to do deliveries today. Only two deliveries but still. Some of the main roads are cleared but the side streets suck.

Since my last entry here, Eddie has gone #1 on the rug outside his pen twice. (Same corner of the rug both times.) That's unfortunate, I don't think SB will let him out of the pen nearly as much now for awhile.

SB and I watched "The Breakfast Club" today. BH got home in time to watch the last, oh, 15 or 20 minutes of it. BH has a thing for Molly Ringwald.

I'm feeling extra stressed-out today. I don't know why. This concludes my riport.

Hi, Kevin. You guys probably already know this but as a pet sitter and former pet owner, I've cleaned up a lot of messes in my day. ;) Eddie used the same spot because he could still smell his markings, even after it's been cleaned up with soap and water. There are some great products on the market such as Nature's Miracle that will remove the odor from the rug and the temptation to go there again. Also, and I'm *not* a trainer, but young dogs would certainly benefit from going outside many times during the day if possible, more than you might think, until they get the hang of holding it longer. Of course, he may not love all that white stuff on the ground currently. :p LOL

Well we got clobbered with snow. Eight or ten inches. I can't believe BH had to do deliveries today. Only two deliveries but still. Some of the main roads are cleared but the side streets suck.

Since my last entry here, Eddie has gone #1 on the rug outside his pen twice. (Same corner of the rug both times.) That's unfortunate, I don't think SB will let him out of the pen nearly as much now for awhile.

SB and I watched "The Breakfast Club" today. BH got home in time to watch the last, oh, 15 or 20 minutes of it. BH has a thing for Molly Ringwald.

I'm feeling extra stressed-out today. I don't know why. This concludes my riport.

9:15 a.m., Sunday the 10th

He went on the rug again this morning, but in a different spot.

Snowbunny thinks I love cats and hate dogs, but that's not it. I don't mind dogs per se, what I mind is how much work they are. Especially as puppies, but even as adult dogs.

Eddie does not have to "hold it longer." All he has to do is go in his litter box. He doesn't have "accidents" when he's confined to his pen.

Anyway, not my circus. I spoke against getting a dog, but in the end it wasn't up to me.

2:47 p.m., Tuesday the 12th

The Force is not with me. Eddie went #2 twice today, in his pen but not in his box. He's been taken out three times today so far, but would not go while he was outside. And then to add insult to injury, he leaped into his water dish, spilling water everywhere.

Did I mention that getting a dog was not my idea?

Back