Hi

Innocentglitter

I don't really know what to say. I was in a five year relationship that ended recently, and my partner got a new girlfriend. Only he couldn't stay faithful to her and still sees me almost everyday. We are basically a couple only he doesn't consider me his girlfriend but his friend he loves. Only we still cuddle kiss and so on. We still love each other very deeply and are the best of friends. He will see me and then go see his other girl

I honestly never thought I'd share him, but he fulfills my needs better now then he ever has before. It's strange to me... I guess that's all I know to say.

Welcome to the forum.

Does she know he's still seeing you? Because if she doesn't, it's not really sharing.

Then he is cheating -- and you are supporting that and playing a part in hurting another woman. You are not as innocent as your username would imply! Cheating is not polyamory, which is a form of honest, consensual, ethical non-monogamy. Can you live with the fact that he is lying to her to be with you?

Last edited:
Then he is cheating -- and you are supporting that and playing a part in hurting another woman. You are not as innocent as your username would imply! Cheating is not polyamory, which is a form of honest, consensual, ethical non-monogamy. Can you live with the fact that he is lying to her to be with you?

Harsh but necessary. Have him tell her and stop seeing him until he does. How do you know he didn't cheat on you? People don't just become cheaters overnight.

He has cheated on me before, and I am aware of the situation. I know it wrong but our relationship has been complicated for a long time. I have a child with him so I can not just stop seeing him, in fact when I try he freaks out. He says being in a strictly monogamous relationship isn't for him. I do feel bad for the other girl because she does like him and isn't aware of what he is doing.

But I do love this man very deeply...

I should say I have tried to get him to slowly talk to this girl about this lifestyle. Because I would love to be able to talk to her and discuss things. He is very open with me but not with her and he should be

Last edited:
You don't have to stop being friends with him. Stop kissing him and being romantically involved. He's not yours and you're letting him take advantage of you and someone else. Make him choose you or her and put an end to this.

Make him choose you or her and put an end to this.
Or stop being involved with him sexually unless and until he is honest with his gf and she agrees to open their relationship. He doesn't need to be involved with you romantically to act like a father to your child, nor do you need to live your life according only to what he wants you to do.

I know and I'm aware that our situation isn't right. Iv told him to talk to her about it. He just doesn't want to lose her or me and he got a shock to his system when I started talking to someone else. I have emotional needs that I need filled. So he started doing so in order to keep me... But now he is risking losing her and I'm just lost cause I'm open to sharing if he could just open up to her.

What do you mean? He doesn't let you even talk to other guys??? :eek:

I think she meant she was talking to someone else as more than friends. That's how I read it.

Back