Polyamory.com Forum  

Go Back   Polyamory.com Forum > Polyamory > Life stories and blogs

Notices

Old 01-27-2017, 09:45 PM

Today is the one year anniversary of Wicked Professor (WP) leaving B. Monday night we're going out to celebrate her strength and growth over the past year. She'll have her kids, so we'll find a family-friendly place.

Wil is coming for the weekend tonight. He hasn't been down since November if I recall correctly. He's staying until Sunday, so it'll be a longer visit than normal. Saturday night we're having a family night pizza party at B's. B suggested we have a foursome. Um, no. Wil will be part of our lives forever and I do not want to complicate things.

Wil is a vegetarian and he likes to cook. I'm trying to figure out what to make for meals this weekend. It would be fun to make some really cool dishes, but we really need to focus on painting. I also promised S3 that I'd make wings and that doesn't work well when you're also cooking for a vegetarian.

Today I invited my boss and co-workers (2) to our big party. I was a bit nervous about inviting them as I'm never sure how well behaved B will be, but we talked about it and I think she'll be cool - nothing overtly sexual in front of the muggels, hopefully. Bond also has co-workers attending, so that helps.

Bond's wife sent me a friend request on Facebook yesterday. I accepted. It took me by surprise and it's a bit weird to have her as a FB friend. This morning Golden asked if we could be FB friends and I said yes, so he sent a request that I accepted. I hope he doesn't annoy the fuck out of me.

I'm dying for sex. Fingers crossed we have the energy tonight!
Bea: Bond's 40 year old cisgender girlfriend
M: Bond's 45 year old cisgender bisexual ex-girlfriend
Golden: 42 year old male, ex-boyfriend, housemate
Twitch: 45 year old straight cisgender male, ex-husband, father to Shasti's son
Shasti: Twitch's 45 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 01-30-2017, 04:51 PM

Busy weekend. Zero painting accomplished.

Saturday I got this message from my oldest best friend. We have drifted apart in the past five years, but most especially in the past 18 months after she learned about my poly lifestyle and had some judgmental comments about rearing children in poly households.
You did great! You did everything you wanted! I'm proud of you. I know our lives are different. I'm so happy for you and Bond and your great friends!! I love you. I respect you and your choices. I want our friendship back! I miss you so much!!! Our last time together makes me so sad! I'm sorry for my actions/words. Really, it was just me processing and thinking out loud. I never meant to hurt you. I was wrong. I wish I could have a redo. You are the most loyal, caring, smart, funny, loving friend I've ever had. Because we chose different family lifestyles, doesn't mean we can't be friends!! Can we please get together soon?!?!? Btw.... love your kitchen! Congrats on the grandbaby!
She included a 2015 Facebook memory that I had tagged her in.
End of a day and end of an era. Tomorrow Twitch moves to Appleton and begins a new job. Less than a year ago this would have felt unbearable, but today I feel excited for him. I wish him success and happiness. I'm also excited about the changes coming my way. I'm moving in two weeks from the Far East to Near West. Not only is it a relocation it's also a lifestyle change - back to biking to work, gym time, and more nature. Henry Vilas Zoo and the arboretum are right there. Hopefully more time with friends. I plan on extending invitations often. It would be nice to be able to recreate the time when [BFF] was a fixture in my home. We may have too many miles between us for that, but maybe others will find it a comfortable place to hang.
So much of this is a leap of faith; a roommate off of Craigslist, the short lease, opening my life back up.
But I feel capable.
"I got this."
I feel optimistic.
"I got this."
Life is about to get really good.
You got that?
We had a number of back and forth messages and a lot was healed. I never felt that our friendship had ended, but that it had lost its closeness. I am so happy that it seems are about to get that back. Twenty-three years of friendship has a lot of value. <3

We made homemade bread, or rather Wil made homemade bread, Saturday. Delicious! We were late leaving for B's because of the bread and finally had S1 take it out when it was done. We tore into it when we got back from B's late that night and omg, it was so good.

For lunch I made scalloped potato stackers and they were delicious, but not the big visual bang I was hoping for. I'm glad I made them ahead of the big party. I'm not sure I'm going to make them now. Although, as Wil pointed out, making them in muffin tins does give each serving that delicious browned topping which you may or may not get if you made them in a bigger casserole, because of others getting all the topping before you. Contemplating whether or not to make them for the party. Hmmm.

I think we spent 99% of our time in the kitchen this weekend. Everyone wants to be in there because it's new. Bond ordered another 4 stools, because we needed 5 and they only sell this style in 4's. He found them for a ridiculously low price, which was exciting. We figured we can add two more stools to the kitchen and not have it too crowded, so the other two will be in the basement for now.

Bond installed the garbage drawer opener and we all love it! It's kind of crazy pants to be able to bump the door (lightly) and have it open. I'm so glad I bought it.

One of my favorite things about the new kitchen is the delight the kids are experiencing over the different features. It's been a lot of fun. Beanie loves the bread drawer. She's calling it the sandwich drawer, because the peanut butter and other non-refrigerated spreads are also in there. S3 was totally wow'd by the garbage opener. They all love the beverage drawers and the fact that their plastic cups are in the drawer next to the beverage drawers. S1 loves the pot filler and how quickly the induction cooktop heats water, because he's all about the pasta. Half the adults can't get over the dishwasher beaming a display onto the floor when it's running so you know how many minutes until it's done or if it's done, etc. And everything beeps, I swear; dishwasher, freezer, refrigerator, refrigerator drawers, microwave, steam oven, convection oven - they all have something to say. Until having sensors for how long a door has been left ajar I never realized how often the kids (or Golden) left the refrigerator or freezer open.

I have a niece who is a professional photographer and she has volunteered to do a photoshoot of the new kitchen once it's all done. I'm totally jazzed about that.
Shasti: Twitch's 45 year old straight cisgender girlfriend, mother of Twitch's son
Old 01-31-2017, 06:12 PM

Last night we celebrated with B on her one year of being on her own and how she has rocked it. I didn't know it was going to be a multiple friends event, so I was surprised when Donna was there. We ended up with 12 people including children. It was fun. We went to a dive bar that serves food. So old school. The kids played pinball games and then pool. The adults were all crammed into a round booth and the kids sat in a regular booth next to ours. We ordered food from a menu that hasn't changed much since the mid-60's. Kind of a hoot.

Most of the wood trim in the kitchen went in yesterday. It looks great. I'm especially happy with what he has done around the window and slider. The carpenter was at the house to finish it up this morning.

Just saw the news that DeVos' nomination cleared the Senate. WTF?! I guess that pales in the face of Trump firing the AG. Our country is in serious trouble.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:47 PM

As we walked up the steps into B's last night I spotted messages she had sent to us after we were in route. She suspected she was coming down with a cold sore on her lip, and sure enough by this morning it's a full blown cold sore. Because she suspected it was a cold sore and not just a blemish we played it safe. Neither Bond nor I have the herpes virus and we'd like to keep it that way. Our date night was really, really good despite being limited in ways we could physically connect. Our conversation was open and hit on some sensitive topics, like BDSM preferences and issues with her other relationships. At the end of the night as we were driving home I felt more love towards B and closeness than I have been feeling, so it was definitely a winning night for me.

Kitchen:

We are so close to being done with the whole remodel. The carpenters are almost done with their punch list, the electrician has a solid day of work left, and the cabinet people have about a day of work they can do next week, and then at a later date when the doors for the command center arrive they'll have a partial day reconfiguring that cabinet. It's going to be rather odd not having workers around and to have this remodel completed. Last night when I parked in the garage I was surprised to see the insulation board and other wood had been removed so I didn't have to slither to get out of my car.

We have a lot of work to get done in order to be ready for our party on the 11th. Currently we have 35 going, 14 maybes, and another 17 invited that haven't indicated one way or another. At this point I am going to focus on completing the painting in the entry, stairwell, and hallway, and hanging artwork. Anything beyond that will need to wait. We need to empty the sunroom of all the temp kitchen things, and get all the things that have been moved to different locations due to the remodel back into their rightful places and then we need to clean - deeply.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:59 PM

I am stressing about all of the work that needs to be done in the next week in order to be ready for our party. I think I have the menu solidified after posting on a cooking forum. I've simplified things quite a bit, but also added some things that will help round things out. I am not much of a chips person, so I hadn't thought of adding some simple chips and dips, but several people posted that they'd add them and it made me realize that there are those that would seriously miss having chips and munchies like that.

Here is the menu:

Savory
Crudites
  • fresh green beans
  • radishes
  • colored carrots
  • pepper (red, yellow, orange)
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • tomatoes
  • celery
  • cucumbers
  • peas in the pod
  • zucchini and yellow squash

Served like this:

I bought this basket on Amazon. It will arrive tomorrow. It's 22.5 Inch long x 16.75 Inch wide x 3.75 Inch tall. I hope it's large enough. Last weekend I picked up two clear glass bowls at St. Vincent de Paul's for the dips.

Cheese and Charcuterie Board

I picked up a board that is 18" x 48" last week and have treated it with food grade mineral oil. We have some excellent cheese stores and a place called the Underground Butcher where I can pick up artisan sausages. I'm planning on 5 different cheeses and probably two sausage types. To round things out I'll have grapes, raspberries, black berries, blueberries, dried Michigan cherries, apricots, nuts, olives, honey, bruschetta and likely some breadsticks or straws.

Similar to this:

Sweets
This weekend I'm going to make 6-6" cheesecakes in the Instant Pot. Like this and this and this. These can be made ahead, froze, and then thawed the day before and decorated with all the yummy goodness on top.
To round things out, chocolate covered strawberries, broken dark chocolate bars, and the Black Russian bundt cake.

Muchies/Crunchies
B is going to make the sandwiches, so that lightens the load.

My daughter will be at the house tonight. She's going to a friend's funeral this evening. I'm not sure how long she's staying for, but if she sticks around tomorrow I hope to invoke her help with things. Hopefully she'll be game about painting. If not, then maybe she'll help with cheesecakes.

I'm sorry if this blog has taken a dive into home remodeling and cooking, but that's where my energies are directed these days.

Last edited by Petunia; 02-03-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:16 PM

Such a busy weekend. My original plan was to make 2 cheesecakes each day this past weekend, but I only got two made and I'm not sure if they turned out. I'm a bit passed stressed.

Saturday Bond and I painted for most of the day. We didn't start until shortly before noon and it was around 5:30 when we stopped for the day. It is painstakingly slow going, because we were doing ceilings with peaks, and lots of cutting in around the trim. Golden helped for a hot minute, but he lets his roller get too dry and we have to go over everything he's done, so it's not as much help as one would hope. We still have to complete the stairway. It'll be challenging because we have an antique wardrobe in the landing that will have to be moved and the two story height will make it hard to edge.

I was really hoping we'd get back to painting yesterday, like the only way this works is to have the painting done this past weekend. But Bond wanted to go grocery shopping with me and I tell you, taking that man into a grocery store means you are at a minimum doubling the time it takes to accomplish shopping. He loves to grocery shop and he loves to compare prices and brands. Oy vey! It was close to 1 PM when we got back to the house and much to my surprise he decided to go downstairs to Beatdown at 2 PM. I was annoyed and flustered that he decided to do that. In the morning when he asked me what my plans were for the day I said the I needed to grocery shop for the cheesecakes, and somehow make two while assisting him with painting. I then asked him what his plans were and he said the same. So it was quite surprising that his day included Beatdown, because I don't recall saying I was doing Beatdown, so therefore, his plans were not the same as mine.

When he told me that he was going to go change clothes I asked him if he was changing for Beatdown or painting (he's such a neat painter that he usually doesn't change into painting clothes) and he answered Beatdown, I guess the look on my face must have been revealing, because he asked me if I didn't want him to do Beatdown. I told him that he could do whatever he wanted and if that was Beatdown, then he certainly could do Beatdown. How was I to know what he had planned in order to get the painting accomplished by Saturday? Maybe he plans on taking a day off of work. So he did Beatdown and I made lunch and then cheesecakes, and then later I made 100 turkey and spinach meatballs.

At some point in the day he came into the kitchen and hugged me and said something along the lines of how he is always amazed with my energy and how I just keep going. I told him that I am tired, but there are things to get done and I don't give myself an option - I just keep going.

That frustrates me with him, and Golden, because both lack stamina and drive to do things around the house. They are five and 10 years younger than me respectively, and I have had a spinal fusion and bone graft, and I'm held together with big ass screws. My sciatic nerve pain makes my ankle feel like it'll explode after a day on my feet, and I can work circles around these men.

When Bond returned from dropping off his spawn we laid on the bed and watched TV and he gave me a leg massage with the cannabis oil. I don't know how well that works for pain, but between the massage and the 8 Ibuprofen I took between 6 pm and midnight, I slept pretty well. And that was surprising after being on my feet for the entire day. I think I was just so tired that I slept through the pain, because I can feel my ankle throbbing since I woke up.

At the end of the day I feel grateful that Bond is a sweetheart who thinks of things like giving me a massage and I let go of my frustrations with how easily he drops out of physical labor. He has other assets and they have great value.

Last edited by Petunia; 02-06-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:51 PM

You ever get laid low by something silly? Yesterday B posted her results for the Who is Your Valentine thing that is going around Facebook. It was Bond and she said, "That's a given" I don't know why I let this hurt me, but it did. She takes all these silly quizzes and I know they don't mean anything, but she did decide to post it. She could have run it and saw the results and not posted it. Bond and I both did that. I would think when you're dating three people you'd be aware that posting something that singles out one as more special than the others might be hurtful to the ones who are excluded.

Bond said that his first thought when he saw her post was that it might it hurt me. He then said that he thought it was whoever you interact the most with on FB and he sees me all the time, so... I looked over and he had his results on his phone and it was B and him. I told him that I was done talking about it, because that wasn't helping at all.

Sometimes I wish Facebook was a physical thing that I could take a marker to and scribble all over some posts.

It makes me want to exit my relationship with B. That's crazy and I know it.

Last edited by Petunia; 02-07-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:55 PM

B sensed that something was off which shocked Bond and me, because we would have sworn we didn't give any signs. She's very intuitive and she knew there was a bit of a disconnect. We had a flurry of instant messages the next day and set things right. I felt bad that she was even aware that I was feeling out of sorts, because I knew I was being silly over it. Sigh.

We had our big party last Saturday, hosted by the three of us (Bond, B, and me). It was a big success and lots of fun, but also incredibly exhausting and stressful getting everything done in time. I took Friday off of work to cook. I started the night before with a few things and cooked the entirety of Friday. I had hoped to have a window of time Saturday afternoon/evening to relax and gather myself before the party started, but that never materialized. I estimate that we had around 50 people at the party, including kids. Everyone loved the kitchen, and nearly everyone hung out in the kitchen. The noise level was so high that neither Bond nor myself could bear to spend much time in there. There were those who spread out to the dining room table and others camped out on the couches in the living room, a few sat in the sunroom, and we had a group that took over the front room to play Cards Against Humanity.

The microwave drawer, trash cabinet opener, the refrigerator drawers, and the dishwasher Infolight that shines onto the floor were people's favorites. I think my favorite thing in the kitchen is the bar. That was finished Friday afternoon and I love it so much. Bond arranged the liquor bottles so that the puck lights shine through all the way down.

I've been having issues with my sciatic nerve in my right leg and things have escalated since all the work for the party. I'm barely sleeping these days. I see a specialist on the 10th of March. I'm expecting he'll give me a steroid shot. I've had one before and it wasn't very effective, but I have my fingers crossed that this time will be different. Something has to change.

The Westminster Dog Show happened on Tuesday of this week. It was the first time American Hairless Terriers were eligible to compete. The AHT that took Best of Breed, Kane, comes from my lines on his mother's side. His sire is out of a Lenny/Brinda daughter (owned by a friend that I showed with) and his dam is out of Ono, who is a Double Shot daughter. It's pretty cool to see that even though I'm no longer in the dog world.

I have had a cold this week, so I stayed home Wednesday and Thursday. While lounging I started dreaming about what kind of cat highways, platforms, and such we can add for the kitten we're getting. I am so excited. It's been such a long time since I've had a kitten. We're planning on putting plexiglass over the lights in the soffits in the living room and possibly connecting the front closet to that area via some connecting highways/swing bridges. I'd also like to add some things like that into the sunroom.

All the projects I'd like to do has started me thinking that I may want to learn carpentry. It would be really nice if I could create the designs I want rather than having to settle on something close-enough or pay someone to make for me. Of course, the investment in saws would probably negate any savings, but it would be a hobby and that would be a good thing to have.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:53 PM

Fun weekend. My youngest son and his girlfriend visited on Saturday. It was the first time I got to meet her. She's Thumbelina-size. I fully expected her to be nice, smart, and educated. That's the type of person Taylor attracts and is attracted to and she was all of that.

Bea was in Madison and she stopped by the house to visit with Bond. They all arrived close to the same time. Bond and Bea took themselves to the front room so they could visit more privately and the three of us hung out in the kitchen for a while and then I took them to the Union and then to State Street. It was a lovely day with temps in the low 60's which is unheard of for Wisconsin in February. I'm calling it Alternative February.

Thumbelina had never been to Madison. She thought the buildings downtown were really tall, which is funny, because if you've ever been to Madison you know that's not the case. We have a State law that limits Madison buildings being taller than the capitol building. I hope they come back some time when we can really show her the city, because one afternoon doesn't really give you enough time for a glimpse.

Bea left shortly after we took off for the Union and Bond took his two younger boys down there, but we'd already left and were ensconced in a pub on State Street drinking craft beers. They left the Union after a bit and went to Picnic Point where the boys smashed ice. We were in texting communication and I think Bond felt bad that he wasn't with us, but his kids are too young to hang at bars and mine is at the perfect age for that. We all started for home from our separate locations around the same time. I asked Bond to stop by the grocery for taco shells and he was still there when I discovered that the chicken I had planned to use for the Cafe Rio shredded chicken wasn't ideal (bone-in leg quarters) so I had him pick some up. Despite having arrived home after 6 pm and having to wait for Bond to deliver the chicken, dinner was served by 7:15. I love my Instant Pot!

That night in bed Bond was trying to remember what the date was when he spent the night at Bea's. He was surprised that a month had already passed. He said he was contemplating whether it would work to see her monthly on a regular basis. I'm not sure where he is with that. He kind of sounded like a month may be too short of a time span after realizing a month had already passed since he spent the night there. I remained silent during his musing. I feel bad, but I think I'd have a hard time with that. It'll be something I will need to work on if it comes to pass. Right now it leaves me with a feeling on anxiety. I know I'd miss him and hate sleeping alone. I don't want to share him that much. When I had my grandson one weekend a month I couldn't believe how quickly a month flew by. I won't tell him I don't want him to do it, but I'll be silently wishing he doesn't.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 PM

Last night my middle son started an IM conversation with me about him not wanting to be with his girlfriend/mother of his unborn child. I wasn't surprised that he couldn't stomach her any longer, but it scares me for the baby and him. The girl is so immature and unintelligent. Like seriously not smart.

Here is a post from Facebook where she is telling me why she thinks she's having a boy. NOTE: she's 11 weeks pregnant.
The fact that almost everybody in my family is that a boy first, the blood pressure problems, and the fact of how low the baby is it just gives me that feeling it's a boy. which is what me and Josh both want.
That little lemon sized fetus is neither riding high nor low. WTF. And why does she think low blood pressure problems are related to the sex of the baby?

Post from two weeks ago:
Either the baby is farting or it's kicking but either way it sounds and feels weird and kind of hurts
SMH, she thinks that at 9 weeks along she can feel the baby moving and/or farting. OMG.

I posted a link on the thread about the development at that number of weeks and then wrote this, "I think the little beanie is too small to cause those symptoms, but you could be feeling the placenta growing? Not sure about that, but maybe. There is a lot happening right now, that's for sure. "

I have been trying so hard to not be mean, but seriously this girl is not the brightest bulb.

I wasn't sure how long he could take that just going off of things he has told me in the past about the girls he had been meeting. So, I wasn't terribly shocked when he said that he couldn't take her anymore.

At the same time he was messaging me, the two of them were messaging back and forth. He was at work and she was at home. I thought it was probably the worst idea ever to be having the type of conversation they were engaged in over IM, but it seems to have worked for them. I guess they were in the middle of something when he had to leave for work, so they continued it that way. I had to drop off of the conversation when Bond and I went to a movie (Dr. Strange). When we got out I saw he had sent a screenshot of their conversation where she said that she didn't want him unhappy and that she would go to stay with friends and that they could have equal visitation/custody of the baby. I was more surprised to read that than I can relate here. I wasn't expecting her to jump from a temporary separation all the way to "this is how our future will be."

I'm relieved for him, but also worried. It's going to be a long haul raising a child when you're two individuals and not a unit. Then again, it's a long haul raising a child living in the same home with the other parent when you don't love them, too. Fuck, it's just a long haul raising a child.

Last edited by Petunia; 02-21-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Tags
cohabitation, living situation, living together, new poly, polyamorous