Poly Family???

flowing

I have a question for anyone who is involved in a poly family with children. However mother and children live in a separate household from dad and partner.

This is a new triad for all of us involved and we are working through some challenges. I am trying to get an idea of how other polyfamilies co-exist. Some of the challenges include time spent in each home, the role that dad's partner will play in the life of the children and ways for me to develop a better rapport with dad's partner??????

There was a time when dad lived in a separate place (several actually).

During those times he could come see the kids nightly.
Usually we would have dates a couple times a week to go talk just two adults.

But-we don't have a triad, we have a V, meaning that he's not sexually involved at all with my other (live-in) lover....

hi, i think that you all will have to make out a schedule. if the kids are older, then the parents will probably hv to drive them on certain nights. i think that the mom and dad will have to design the main schedule based on the kids needs then run it by you and you check out yourschedule.

my boyfriend and wife have four children and i do too. so a few months ago, we changed my night with him to wed. bcz he coaches on tues. and thurs nite i have all of my children. i felt it wasnt' enough time and wife and he fine w/ that so we'll meet also every other sunday morning or sat nights.

if u do make a schedule, it may take some tweaking, but i think it works out well for us...in fact, i'll even drive their kids to activities or they will take mine out. a schedule creates some normalcy in the chaos of all our children

have a look in the tags under the search engine on the tool bar. If you do a tag search for "family" or "children" you will find some related threads... you can also read my blog and see if that will help. I live with my husband, boyfriend and son... we are raising him together. It's a long blog though :eek: so you might have to skim to find what you need.

also, to get to know dads partner better...ask her if she ever needs some time to herself, you can watch the kids, or ask her if she wants to go out for pizza or something.

Poly family

My wife and I have not started our poly life yet. But what we want is a another wife.. in a Triad NOT a V. This is what we think would be ideal for us if we can find the right person. I would want them to love our children and have input on raising them as much as us. There are so many different paths in the Poly community and it varies on what you want out of it. I love the idea of a big blended family. If they have children then great! Thats more to love and more siblings for our current children! I know this isnt for everyone but its our dream.

My wife and I have not started our poly life yet. But what we want is a another wife.. in a Triad NOT a V. This is what we think would be ideal for us if we can find the right person. I would want them to love our children and have input on raising them as much as us. There are so many different paths in the Poly community and it varies on what you want out of it. I love the idea of a big blended family. If they have children then great! Thats more to love and more siblings for our current children! I know this isnt for everyone but its our dream.
more tags to search for... yay... :p try looking under "vee," "triad" and "unicorn" there is a lot written about them and some great insight can be found.

Back