I just need the support

CattivaGattina

This is a thread that I'm asking for advice/assistance/whatever on.

My work has been giving me the run around since I got out of the hospital. I have a job, I have a temp job, I'm going to be moved to another section, and then last week was told that when the woman on maternaty leave comes back I'm out of a job. Today I was told that maybe I won't be out of a job.

I feel like they are trying to get me to quit so they don't have to worry about unemployment pay. I'm just incredibly stressed out, want to just walk out, and don't know what to do.

I know it's not poly related but I don't really have anywhere else to talk about it (I try to keep work related stuff off FB).

*Hugs*

Try taking it one day at a time. Live in the present moment. You can't really control what your job decides to do.

Focus on the things you can do. Maybe you can scout out new jobs while working at your current one? Try not to put too much pressure on yourself (i.e. I must find a new job now or life will become utterly horrible!). Like I said, take it one day at a time. Right now, you have a job, you have everything you need to survive. Live in the present while sanely making preparations for the future.

(I've been reading Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now so that is heavily influencing my answer lol. But it's good advice.)

HTH!

I've been looking since July when they first started playing this game with me. It's just really stressful.

Got it ... and believe me, I'm not saying you shouldn't be stressed. You asked for advice, and that's the best I've got :)

Back