A little odd: Handmade wooden . . . umm . . . toys

Macbeth

So . . . this is a new project of mine, and I'm kind of doing research. Not THAT kind of research! (Well, maybe some of that kind of research ;) )

Anyway, I've been making hand-turned wooden sex toys. I've made three so far, and have had good feedback so far. I've been considering marketing them, and was just curious if people are intrigued or interested in such a thing.

I'd be happy to post some photos, if people want to see what I'm talking about. This really isn't something I feel comfortable putting up on my woodworking forums . . .;)

There's nothing like a nice woody.

Too funny !
The first one we ever had I made out of a nice piece of rock maple. Other toys were rare & hard to get where we were at the time. Still have it !

Definitely no splinters from these guys. I turn them from all manner of hardwoods, usually exotics, using an eccentric turning technique to provide interesting profiles. I sand them, usually to 220 grit, and then carefully check for any rough spots that need to be filled to smooth them.

After completion, they are finished with at least 4 coats of a heat, water, and alcohol resistant food-safe finish that is very, very durable but thin and smooth. They are able to be used with any type of lubricant, and can be hand washed very easily.

The nice thing about wood is that it feels very organic (both hard and soft at the same time), warms quickly, and retains that warmth.

I'm on my phone right now, but I'll post pics of the first few a little later. Don't worry. No demonstration photos...;)

waiting.gif

Here's a few pics, for those who care . . .;)

IMG_0680.jpg

This was the first one. It's smaller than I've ended going with, and was made from a rather light piece of black walnut, so it doesn't have the best heft. It was also a smaller piece of wood, so the profile isn't as good.

IMG_0684.jpg

This is the second one. It's made from purpleheart, and is very nice. This particular one has had very good reviews, and I can personally vouch for it's efficact . . .:D

The profile was specifically designed to reach the g-spot, and from what I've been told, it does that quite effectively. The third one, which I can't seem to find any pictures of right not, is made from yellowheart, and is slightly . . . girthier . . . than either of these.

Last edited:
measurements/prices?

They generally run around 9" in length, and the last one (which is the only one I have on hand to measure) had a diameter of about 5" at the broadest part of the head.

As far as price, I haven't worked that out completely yet, and I don't want to cross a line by appearing to offer a commercial product through the board.

Send me a PM, though, and I'd be happy to discuss it with you. :) I imagine the pricing will be more than a cheapo vibe, but less than some of the really fancy ones with all the attachments.

Thanks for all the positive reactions. It's nice to hear that people are actually interested!

I spoke with some folks at one of the local adult chains, and I'm seriously contemplating getting them in their stores.

This is currently the only 'model' I've made, but I've been considering some other profiles. (Bumpy, knobby, etc.) I'm not a carver, so some of the more elaborate shapes won't be coming into play, but I can do some interesting things.

I've actually been consider drilling a hole in the tail-end of them that the end user could then use a bullet in. . . It would provide additional functionality, without any sacrifice at all!

This is currently the only 'model' I've made, but I've been considering some other profiles. (Bumpy, knobby, etc.) I'm not a carver, so some of the more elaborate shapes won't be coming into play, but I can do some interesting things.

I've actually been consider drilling a hole in the tail-end of them that the end user could then use a bullet in. . . It would provide additional functionality, without any sacrifice at all!
Bumpy and knobby works for me far more than slick and smooth. One thing .. I saw one somehwere (I don't remember if it was wood or not) that had a hole at one end where someone could hook a finger through ... to give a bit of a grip (esp if using lube) and some leverage.

I'll have to give the bumpy and knobby a try. It would not be hard . . . er . . . difficult I mean.:rolleyes:

You know, I think this may end up being more profitable and significantly more fun than making pens and bottle stoppers.

I want one too!!! I love that they stand up! I have a glass one that is so beautiful and makes me feel special somehow when we use it... It doesn't stand up though. I like toys that look like art. I appreciate them as art then as well...

I shall PM you too if that is okay?

MAcbeth,
Here's a thought which could work out especially well with wood. Something I've thought of but never had the brainstorm until now.
I think there'd be some interest in one that had a hole drilled the length (small on the 'internal' end) and sleeved with tubing that could be attached to a liquid holder (balloon etc?) and squirted at the proper moment.
That would be a huge hit here ! Something about that rush of liquid (hot or cold depending)................

Back