Hello Again

bookworm

I'm back. Its been quite a while since I've visited this site (right at 2 years) and so much has changed for me. Two years ago I was in a poly relationship with two guys and that had lasted for about 4 years at that time. About a year ago I made the decision for various reasons to move in with my secondary guy. My primary guy never really adjust to the changes and it was a mutual decision to end that relationship even though it hurt. But it just wasn't working for any of us. There really wasn't any other decision that could be made. Sometimes you just can't go back.

Since that time, I am still with the guy I moved in with and we have a good relationship. But we have added a guy to our relationship that adds more than I could have ever expected. He's a great guy that is loving and caring and respectful of my primary relationship. He wishes to cause us no problems. Him and my primary guy are great friends. He eats with us most evenings and is part of our family functions such as holidays and birthdays and helps babysit my granddaughters (they love him dearly).

However, we live in small town America. Right in the middle of the bible belt. Most of the people in our inner circle are aware of our poly relationship and most either approve or keep their opinions to themselves. In any case they realize we are adults and whatever works they are ok with. My primary guy worries so much about what other people think. He worries if I am out with my secondary that someone he works with or someone he know might see us. My reaction is that its none of their business but he just doesn't see it that way. He doesn't want to look bad. This is a great relationship with the three of us I just get so tired of having to wonder about other peoples opinions.

Hi bookworm,

Sounds like you have gone through some relationship transitions in the past few years. I'm glad your current arrangement is working out well. It's too bad that we have to worry about what other people think.

Yes, I always feel like I'm having to look over my shoulder when I go out anywhere even though I know I'm doing nothing wrong. It gets frustrating.

Back