Hi all

rory

I have been reading for a while and this seemed like a lovely forum so I joined. :)

I am a woman, 23 years old and I am quite new to poly. Theoretically, I have been open to the idea of loving more than one person but I don't really identify as poly (but definitely not as mono either).

I have been in a relationship with my husband for 7 years, of which married for 3. For most of that time we've had an open marriage. Recently I met a lovely girl and we liked each other very much, so now I have a girlfriend as well. Very happy about that. :p We live in different countries in Europe (although we are from the same country), and that will be the case for at least for the rest of the year and maybe for several years. She has a husband as well. All the parties have been extremely cool with the whole situation and no jealousy thus far. We'll have to see what future holds for us but at the moment it looks good. :)

Looking forward to discussing with you all more at the boards!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome!
I have been reading for a while and this seemed like a lovely forum so I joined. :) [...] I don't really identify as poly [...]
It can be lovely. Be careful of the jabberwocks!:p;););)

Does this: "I don't really identify as poly" mean that you don't like labels? That's fine - that's healthy! But from the sound of your set-up:
All the parties have been extremely cool with the whole situation and no jealousy thus far
you all seem pretty poly to me.:eek::eek::eek::p

Thank you both! :)

And MrFarFromRight, I think we definitely are poly, at least us girls, and there is potential in the men as well. I guess it's just that I find it hard for myself to think of poly as an identity, since I would have been happily monogamous if situation was different. Although, the more I think about these things the less reason I see for the boundaries as defined by society, it is more about what feels comfortable for the people involved. So it may be that at some point I will consider polyamory as an identity as well. :)

Back