Weight loss support

LR,

You know, I always thought strippers had to be thin or average size to make good money. But after reading your post, I realized that the strippers I've seen in real life - not on TV or movies - were all sizes, including BBW. I learned that I have made some unconscious assumptions. Thanks!

I'm taking my first class this Saturday. I will be shaking those hips!

Everyone assumes that at first thought. I'm not sure why, but, it's not true.

One of the ladies who brought in the most cash, was also the largest and she was well over a 2x, under 5 ft 6 inch tall. But, she had the moves and the attitude. That was all it took, that's all it takes.

Of all of the men I know (and most of my friends are men) only a handful prefer "tall, thin" women. Most of them prefer a good attitude on a real body.

:)

Shake those hips, enjoy the feel of your body moving. If you've ever seen Dirty Dancing-when he takes her hips and is showing her how to move (and bitching her out because she's being a tight ass)-that's the idea. Relax your body. I like to do it in the shower if I'm feeling self-conscious or insecure-because no one see's me in there. Go pick up the album for Burlesque (hell and Moulin Rouge too), turn them way up and dance away.

:) in a day or two you'll start to notice all of those amazing places you didn't know existed; in a month or two they'll be feeling more muscular!

(go to the toes, then back to the feet a lot too, that's good for the calves-but don't dirty dance in heels unless you are REALLY confident in the dance move AND the heels. Can be a NASTY injury if you fall.)

I always wanted to take Middle eastern dance classes (belly dance). It's an awesome way to stay in shape, and plenty of belly dancers are buxom and voluptuous, with soft bellies. Size and hard muscles don't always correlate with fitness.

I think this year I will finally take those classes.

GO NYC!!!!

EVERY great belly dancer I've ever seen was filled out. Not ONE skinny anorexic chick in the bunch! I think we under-estimate ourselves.

How many of you have had a man you were interested in comment negatively about your body?
I ask, because that was the question that made me shut up.
The answer was, none that I give a fuck about.
Of the men that I care for-not one has ever said a thing about me that was negative. They LOVE me and they LOVE my body.

When I was 216 lbs, they loved me AND my body.

I WAS THE ONE HATING ME.

So-I stopped.
Then-I lost the weight.

It rarely happens that you lose weight first.

Stop hating yourself, then it will happen more easily.

picture

Never managed to put a pic in a post, but here's a try. If it shows up, that's me at my heaviest.

Attachments

• prego 29.jpg
    prego 29.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 19
Back on track. Back to where I was before I left for Arizona. Its good to be eating food that isn't closing up my arteries.

erotic dance

Holy crap, that was fun! I went to my first erotic/pole dancing class today.The fitness place I'm trying does an intro class on Saturdays where they have a regular floor class and then demonstrate some chair moves and then the different levels of pole dancing (they go from walking around the pole, at least one foot always on the ground to inverted, complex spinning at the top of the pole). I got a workout and got to see some cool moves. And there were several people at the class, and the instructors too, who were my size or larger. That was reassuring.

Thats awesome Opal! I'm glad you had fun. The spinning around on the pole is a blast, just be sure you go one step at a time! I was a little too balzy when I first started-and lost my grip midway through a spin (both legs up in the air).
Went flying off like a rocket, landing flat on my (bare at the time) ass. TALK ABOUT BRUISES!
Thankfully-no breakage, but DAMN that fucking hurt!

So don't rush yourself to do more then you can handle.

I'm so glad you had fun!! That rocks. :D

I just had to pop in to agree that erotic energy comes from within and it doesn't matter what size you are!

I was a dancer for almost 6 years, and I learned two really important things. Men love all kinds of women, and it's the confidence and sexiness that attracts them. I gained TONS of self esteem from that, and found an inner sexiness I didn't realize I had. It was a good life lesson.

Plus, dancing is the BEST workout. I have my own pole, but my place now is too small to put it up. :-( When we move, though It's going back up!

Having a blast here in Flagstaff, went on a hike in the woods yesterday and planing on going again today. I love the mountains :)

Ari is right AZ (probably TX as well) has rediculous portion sizes, I thought it was bad in CA, but this was mind boggling. Went out to breakfast this morning - HOLY CRAP! Let's just say over half of my plate was uneaten.

Having a blast here in Flagstaff, went on a hike in the woods yesterday and planing on going again today. I love the mountains :)

Ari is right AZ (probably TX as well) has rediculous portion sizes, I thought it was bad in CA, but this was mind boggling. Went out to breakfast this morning - HOLY CRAP! Let's just say over half of my plate was uneaten.

Seeeee... its unreal. I saw two ladies get two servings of nachos.. I have seen party platters smaller. And the cheese.. when they got their doggy containers to put the "extra" food in they had to scrape it off the bottom of the plate with their knives.

I will let you know about TX I am there in two weeks haha

Seeeee... its unreal. I saw two ladies get two servings of nachos.. I have seen party platters smaller. And the cheese.. when they got their doggy containers to put the "extra" food in they had to scrape it off the bottom of the plate with their knives.

I will let you know about TX I am there in two weeks haha

Nachos are dangerous, too easy to eat mindlessly :p. There is at least one resturant near our house, that we just KNOW to split a meal (one desert will feed 4-6 people easy), but most I've seen aren't that bad. Occassionally, I've discovered that alot of resturants have a "lunch" size (but it's not on the menu and you have to ask).

Nachos are dangerous, too easy to eat mindlessly :p. There is at least one resturant near our house, that we just KNOW to split a meal (one desert will feed 4-6 people easy), but most I've seen aren't that bad. Occassionally, I've discovered that alot of resturants have a "lunch" size (but it's not on the menu and you have to ask).

You should have tried the kids menu in AZ haha :) The kids burger at Garcias was just perfect.

I just had to pop in to agree that erotic energy comes from within and it doesn't matter what size you are!

I was a dancer for almost 6 years, and I learned two really important things. Men love all kinds of women, and it's the confidence and sexiness that attracts them. I gained TONS of self esteem from that, and found an inner sexiness I didn't realize I had. It was a good life lesson.

Plus, dancing is the BEST workout. I have my own pole, but my place now is too small to put it up. :-( When we move, though It's going back up!

ABSOLUTELY!

I was SO self-conscious before I got that job! Ironically, as much as they talk about how stripping ruins women's self-esteem, it was totally the opposite for me, same reason.
I figured out that men love women in ALL different shapes and sizes! Having so many men tell me what it was about me that they found attractive and what they found attractive about the other dancers (we had a 6 ft lady who was MAYBE a size 0 all the way to a woman who was pushing 300lbs easy and under 5ft 6) really improved my understanding about the fact that there's always SOMEONE whose going to think "damn!" no matter what size, color, ethnicity etc!

I WISH I had my own pole! I have the space, but the shipping to get a good one up here is more than the cost of the f'ing pole! I can't WAIT to move stateside!!!

Let's just say over half of my plate was uneaten.

I COMMONLY go out to eat with Maca and bring home my leftovers for GG because there's still enough for a full meal! It's disturbing to realize how many people eat the whole plate!

I COMMONLY go out to eat with Maca and bring home my leftovers for GG because there's still enough for a full meal! It's disturbing to realize how many people eat the whole plate!

I usually do to, but when I go out for a late breakfast/lunch I can usually eat most of it. There was nearly twice as much food as I'm used to, which puts it at just crazy amounts.

ABSOLUTELY!

I was SO self-conscious before I got that job! Ironically, as much as they talk about how stripping ruins women's self-esteem, it was totally the opposite for me, same reason.
I figured out that men love women in ALL different shapes and sizes! Having so many men tell me what it was about me that they found attractive and what they found attractive about the other dancers (we had a 6 ft lady who was MAYBE a size 0 all the way to a woman who was pushing 300lbs easy and under 5ft 6) really improved my understanding about the fact that there's always SOMEONE whose going to think "damn!" no matter what size, color, ethnicity etc!

I WISH I had my own pole! I have the space, but the shipping to get a good one up here is more than the cost of the f'ing pole! I can't WAIT to move stateside!!!

Yeah, me too! :) I totally got a better sense of self esteem, AND a better view of men from working as a dancer, LOL. I realized that women are harder on ourselves and each other, than men are. It was also the first place I ever was where beings odd was not only acceptable, but expected and adored!! to this day 90% of my friends are people I met while dancing, either dancers, bartenders, waitresses, bouncers or customers.

I met hubs there, too. :) So for me it was mostly a really good, eye opening, experience.

You should definitely get a pole when you can. Its still the best workout EVER, and fun.

I don't get it at all, how people can eat all that! I never finish my plate. Sometimes it seems like I can get three meals out of one...

Went to my second floor/chair exotic dance class yesterday. Kicked my butt in a good way.

I felt a little out of place because many of the women in the class were wearing 4 inch platform heels. The fitness center I"m going to sells stripper style heels and boots and women are welcome to take any of the classes in heels. I am not fond of heels that high and was rather surprised that so many women wore heels.

Still it was fun, I got all sweaty and now I am achy, in a good way. I'm probably going to a 'Sexy Stretch' class tonight and then dinner with a new friend!

Gonna be a good weekend!

You can definitely get a great workout not in heels, but there's something about the shoes that changes completely the way you dance. Seriously. My heels were about 6" total (2" platform and 4" heel). The key is to buy a pair with a wider heel (not a stiletto type). But then it just takes practice. I have a pair of platform boots (much smaller, like a 1" platform and I think maybe a 3" raise?) plus they give great ankle support which is nice.

I can't dance without heels. LOL. (I'm sure I can, but it ain't the same!)

On the weight loss (well, fat loss) front, I am still dropping size a bit. I took a week off from walking this week, and had PMS bloating, but it was much less than it used to be. I will hop on the walking train again this week, now that hopefully things have slowed down a bit. And maybe back to hot yoga this week. :)

I don't weigh myself, so don't go by that, I just go by how my clothes fit and how I feel. I tossed out the scale over a year ago and it was the best thing I ever did, I was way too dependent on it and I never took into account how much muscle I had. Frustrating! LOL...

I felt a little out of place because many of the women in the class were wearing 4 inch platform heels. The fitness center I"m going to sells stripper style heels and boots and women are welcome to take any of the classes in heels. I am not fond of heels that high and was rather surprised that so many women wore heels.

DO NOT DO IT IN HEELS, unless you are comfortable in the heels-ie you have plenty of experience wearing them AND you are comfortable in the "routine"-ie you've done it often enough to have it memorized!

One of the best dancers I ever worked with, wore ballet slippers. In years past she'd worn the heels. She fell from the pole, the heel cut open her arm from shoulder to wrist in the fall. Broke several bones and damn near bled to death on the way to the hospital.

Heels are sexy, I love them. But, it's like any other sport-DO NOT START WITH THE HARDEST PART! ;)

And besides, you can stand on tippy toes and get the same beautiful effect in the calves. :D

Seriously sabotaged myself this last week being out of town. Gourmet meals and deserts with CRAZY amounts of alcohol every night (I'm only used to drinking a glass of wine only once or twice a week). Luckily I have been able to at least get out and do some walking or hit the treadmill at the hotel, but I don't even want to see a scale for a few weeks after I get home.

Back