Anyone play Pathfinder? (Tabletop RPG)

Plato

I'm just a beginner, but I want to learn how to play. I have begun a character with the help of a friend, but I could definitely use all the help I can get. It would also be cool to have other people to play with.

I'm just trying to make friends, regardless, though. It's not a requirement to play Pathfinder in order to be my friend, haha. I just don't really know how to make friends and felt like, since Pathfinder is a popular thing, it would be a good way to meet people. Not saying I just began playing to meet people; I am genuinely interested in the game. It's just the only thing I could think of that might be a nice topic in order to meet people haha.

I have another post in introductions called "New Here" that has a lot of info about me if you're interested in reading it prior to contacting me (I actually recommend it, honestly).

In any event, feel free to reply here or message me sometime!

This is actually the first time I've heard of Pathfinder. [shrug] Bluebird and/or WarMan might be familiar with it.

This is actually the first time I've heard of Pathfinder. [shrug] Bluebird and/or WarMan might be familiar with it.

From what I understand (so far), Pathfinder is like D&D but with a bit more lenient rules for what a character can do, and far more options when it comes to characters in general. I'm not 100% sure if these are differences/the only differences, but that's what I've gathered from descriptions and knowledge from other players.

Huh. Well, I'm pretty familiar with the original version of D&D, but wow has it been awhile since I played. I used to get into games a lot. Back in the good old days.

pathfinder

I've been an avid pathfinder player for a while now. I'm even running a few games. Heck, I've got a vtt game in the works, if you'd like to send me a pm

Avid DND player here

I play both dnd3.5 and run a DND v 5 game and have been for a while now. To answer a bit of the confusion pathfinder is another name for DND version 4 it was created as an easier to learn version in an attempt to bring in new players. It however was rejected by a lot of the existing player base because it was to simple and plain in comparison to 3.5

I'm not sure I'd say that pathfinder is another name for DND version 4, since it's created by a different company and everything, but it might be very similar.

After not really gaming for years, I played Pathfinder for a while with my ex and his friends and our teenage sons. What used to be scary and "of the devil" is now a wholesome family activity, teaching the boys social skills, quick mental math, and creative problem solving. Pretty neat!

I always prefer to play an archer of some sort. I had a Ranger that I was very fond of. I'll somewhat shamefully admit...I am not that into actual roleplaying. The whole "You walk into a tavern and a man is crying into his beer, what do you do? I walk up and say unto him Fellow, what is thine problem? He tells you a tale of woe...make a sense motive check!" Um...no. I just want to paint cool figures, encounter cool monsters, and roll my dice at them (pincushion them with arrows!)

But then I was the WoW player (Ranger of course) who could happily grind dailies all by herself for hours...the Diablo I player who wants only to play solo and run through the dungeon with her bow...and still does so once in a while... It's just my thing I guess.

"You round the hill, at the end of the path stands a gazebo."
"I SHOOT IT! I INFORM THE REST OF THE PARTY SO THAT THEY MAY ALSO ATTACK THE GAZEBO!"
"No! You must face the gazebo alone..."

I played Pathfinder for a few months, but I've been playing 5.0 D&D for much longer. I'm not sure how that relates to making friends online - I made new friends at my local game store though! 😃

Through the beauty of polyamory I got D into LARPing in 2014 and this year we started two DnD 3.0 campaigns as well as painting figurines. To think, 2 years ago I never thought I would play again!!! Thank you poly!!!!

Back